So, I bumped into Charlie Simmer's Daughter (A Break From Chara Drama)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

So, I bumped into Charlie Simmer's Daughter (A Break From Chara Drama)

Yup, that's right.  Ol' #11 from the classic Crown Line from the early 80s for the LA Kings.

#23 in Boston.

Another one of Harry's great trades, and one that is forgotten.

I am traveling this week on business and I see this lovely blonde at the Marriott bar downtown.

I plop myself right down and wait for her to stop speaking to the apparent sugar daddy or co-worker she is traveling with.  Hmm.  I must find out which.

One thing leads to another and she asks where I am from, etc, she then mentions she spent time in Boston as a kid after her "father moved there from LA" before going to Pittsburgh.

She is from SD/LA and now lives in Atlanta.

Hmmm.

So, immediately I am thinking her father is an athlete (has to be), but what sport?  So, of course I ask if he was an athlete, she says he played hockey and I ask who.

Charlie Simmer.

You couldn't have dropped a more random player name from the 1980s on the table.  Just hilarious.

If she had said "Tom Fergus", I probably wouldn't have thought it woud be as hilarious.

Simmer was like Magnum PI on skates to me as a kid.  haha

I once sat next to Gord Roberts's wife, circa 1993, in the Loge section and had a photo taken with Janet Jones around that same time in the concourse area, but this was a gal in her 20s.

So, as it turns out, and this capper.....

My boss is sitting to my right at this point, and he's feverishly googling Charlie Simmer, and up comes the Wikipedia entry where it references Simmer's wife being, none other than Terri Welles, the May 1980 Playboy Playmate.

Now, this may have been well know to adults in the 1980s, but this was news to me.

Good god.

So, with a break in the conversation, he shows me his iPhone with that info (Terri Welles) being this gal's mother, and I need another Bulleit on the rocks.  And immediately.

The rest of the story shall remain confidential.  hehe

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_2752547/playboy-magazine-united-states-may-1980/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: So, I bumped into Charlie Simmer's Daughter (A Break From Chara Drama)

Met Charlie at the tail end of his career when he played for the San Diego Gulls super nice guy. His Ex still lives in SD and she's still hot.. well thanks to a few Doctors down in Del Mar anyway...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yup, he ended up as a player/coach with the Gulls in the early 90s. 

It's funny to look back at the stats of the 1980s/early 90s and see who was scoring 30 goals with ease every year, and then compare the players who barely crack 30 in today's game.

The team defense and goaltending is miuch better today than it was back then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Off topic a little.  Is she has pretty as his wife ?

BTW glad you changed your pic .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Absolutely.  She looks just like her. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Nice break in the day....thanks !!!!