So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of?

He (Arnold) sure sounds like it.  The semi-regular mistakes are unprofessional and tonight, when he referred to Ference as the Bruins' ASSISTANT Captain at least twice, made me wonder if he could call Katheryn and maybe get some pointers on how to talk hockey.  Maybe the B's could find a suitable... alternate? 

The comments I was hearing that he was such a hockey acumen improvment over Tappen sounds like gender based BS after listening to this lightweight.

Bruins' OT is unwatchable now... compounded by that hdeous train wreck that was on tonight (Mowers?) What is he... 12?  Couldn't think of anything to say other than to say "frustration" 57 times.  Terriible, terrible show now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of?

Well Ference is splitting the A with Kelly at home/away games this year so...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of?:
    [QUOTE]He (Arnold) sure sounds like it.  The semi-regular mistakes are unprofessional and tonight, when he referred to Ference as the Bruins' ASSISTANT Captain at least twice, made me wonder if he could call Katheryn and maybe get some pointers on how to talk hockey.  Maybe the B's could find a suitable... alternate?  The comments I was hearing that he was such a hockey acumen improvment over Tappen sounds like gender based BS after listening to this lightweight. Bruins' OT is unwatchable now... compounded by that hdeous train wreck that was on tonight (Mowers?) What is he... 12?  Couldn't think of anything to say other than to say "frustration" 57 times.  Terriible, terrible show now.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    If Dale Arnold is an upgrade over KT, you sure have me fooled. This guy lobs the so called " softballs " all night. He's a tough, no nonsense, asks the hard questions guy ? Like i said, i'm fooled again. Bring back KT, oh yeah , she's at the NHL network.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Mowers is like 37, he played for the Bruins a couple years back I go back and look at that roster and wanna cry.

In Response to So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of?:
    [QUOTE]He (Arnold) sure sounds like it.  The semi-regular mistakes are unprofessional and tonight, when he referred to Ference as the Bruins' ASSISTANT Captain at least twice, made me wonder if he could call Katheryn and maybe get some pointers on how to talk hockey.  Maybe the B's could find a suitable... alternate?  The comments I was hearing that he was such a hockey acumen improvment over Tappen sounds like gender based BS after listening to this lightweight. Bruins' OT is unwatchable now... compounded by that hdeous train wreck that was on tonight (Mowers?) What is he... 12?  Couldn't think of anything to say other than to say "frustration" 57 times.  Terriible, terrible show now.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of?:
    [QUOTE]Well Ference is splitting the A with Kelly at home/away games this year so...
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    For some reason it really bothers Soxfan when people use the (commonly accepted in Canada) term assistant as opposed to alternate captain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Dale does know hockey but the show is very stale, no strong personality (wether you agree with him or not) Milbury and nothing to catch your eyes  i miss KT.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of? : For some reason it really bothers Soxfan when people use the (commonly accepted in Canada) term assistant as opposed to alternate captain.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ya Dez, I always do a double take when somebody says "Alternate".  Doesn't sound right to me.  Kinda like the whole "Offsides" vs "Offside".  Offsides make me go offside. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Mark Mowers, 2 reasons why he shouldn't be there.
    1) Born in Decatur Georgia
    2) Followed Lewis from Red Wings to Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If you close your eyes, I think that Dale Arnold is better than Tappen.  He is actually pretty knowledgeable and he talked hockey in Boston before it was popular to talk hockey.  I like him.  Nothing wrong with what he said about Ference either.

Plus, his outfits are more revealing than Tappan's were ;)

Mowers is a dink.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]If you close your eyes, I think that Dale Arnold is better than Tappen.  He is actually pretty knowledgeable and he talked hockey in Boston before it was popular to talk hockey.  I like him.  Nothing wrong with what he said about Ference either. Plus, his outfits are more revealing than Tappan's were ;) Mowers is a dink.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone will ever be worse than ex-ref Paul Stewart (the random penalty machine), but Mowers is doing all he can to take the worst overall spot.

This picture of him alone should get him kicked out of broadcasting

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of? : Ya Dez, I always do a double take when somebody says "Alternate".  Doesn't sound right to me.  Kinda like the whole "Offsides" vs "Offside".  Offsides make me go offside. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

x2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I like Dale. I can't recall Mowers ever saying something insightful. I actually turned to my wife the other night and said "I can't believe I wish Gord Kluzak was on"...that says all you need to know about Mowers.

On another note, I've seen Dr. Rex, the broadcaster twice now. You would think he'd be a natural...he's not. He's got a long long way to go as far as his broadcasting skills are concerned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]If you close your eyes, I think that Dale Arnold is better than Tappen.  He is actually pretty knowledgeable and he talked hockey in Boston before it was popular to talk hockey.  I like him.  Nothing wrong with what he said about Ference either. Plus, his outfits are more revealing than Tappan's were ;) Mowers is a dink.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Flecth - I agree. Dale absolutely knows hockey and is a pro at his job. If watching a hockey post game show is where people go to look at attractive women folk then they need to get a life.

Some of KT's outfits looked like she was dressed as an extra for some Victorian Era movie. I half expected her to show up in a hoop skirt some day. She probably would have 'cept it didn't fit under the desk. Did you ever notice she dressed even more conservatively when Milbury was on with her? Mike may not smack kids around but I suspect he liked to gawk at her boobage ;)

Mowers is a dink. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Mark "lawn" Mowers must have come cheap, and Kluzak and Pedersen can't make it every game. Mowers likely makes a quarter of what Mad Mike was making.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So is Dale Arnold new to Hockey? And Mowers? Who does he have pictures of? : Flecth - I agree. Dale absolutely knows hockey and is a pro at his job. If watching a hockey post game show is where people go to look at attractive women folk then they need to get a life. Some of KT's outfits looked like she was dressed as an extra for some Victorian Era movie. I half expected her to show up in a hoop skirt some day. She probably would have 'cept it didn't fit under the desk. Did you ever notice she dressed even more conservatively when Milbury was on with her? Mike may not smack kids around but I suspect he liked to gawk at her boobage ;) Mowers is a dink. lol
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Ha. That's not the first time I have heard the theory that Tappan's Amish wardrobe may have been a reaction to working with Milbury.  

Maybe it was NESN's idea.  Like, 'let's keep Milbury from gawking at the Tappan twins so he can stay focused on hockey'...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

KT is horrible, Dale will only get better

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Mowers looks like Charlie Moore's little brother.  Any chance NESN could move him to the Mad Fisherman's show instead?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

It is just refreshing to hear "b*o*o*bs" and "Milbury" in a sentence with different context

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

I miss KT but watch her lots of mornings on NHL. Nobody there seems upset by her lack of "hockey knowledge." Trading her for Billy Jaffe and pairing him with Arnold is the worst sports trade since Thornton for the San Jose flotsam and jetsam. Listening to Jaffe makes me yearn for Eric Frede.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kathryn Tappen ? really ?  Okay fine she's a pretty blond with personality but was not the best hockey analyst. I preferr her on SportsDesk.
    Dale Arnold is the complete opposite. Ugly blond with no personality and okay with analysing a game.

SoxFan all you got is "Assistant captain " ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Maybe we should get Charlie Moore on.  He's got an opinion about everything else -- why not hockey?

I'm tired of Dale- he tries too hard to be cute and clever, like he wants to be a slick broadcaster.  He knows his hockey, but never pushed for it when he did his show with Holly, who avoided hockey talk like the plague.

I liked KT because she was an honest fan of the game, and knows her stuff.

I don't watch the show at all now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I think the job of the "host", Dale or KT, is to competently tee-up the studio analysts for their input.  Honestly, I don't care what Dale or KT thought of the play in the period when former players are there to provide their opinions. 

I think KT became really good at this and has done nice job on NHL Network.  Tom Caron was also really good at this, as was Tom Larson.  This is a new role for Dale, hopefully he works his way into it soon because it is painful now.  

Mowers has been a terrible analyst.  He is a curious hire as he played 1 year on an awful Bruins team.  He is the poster-boy for the Dave Lewis era.  He has no established fan-base here, and he is bringing zero to the broadcast.  His highlight this year was dressing up as an elf.  Maybe he grows into it, but it sure looks like he has a massive hill to climb.  That said, I am sure looking forward to some good Petr Tenkrat and Jason York stories.

Billy Jaffe also annoys me.  He comes across as pretty knowledgeable, but is such a wind bag.  I could do without him.