So its down to Montreal and Buffalo...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

So its down to Montreal and Buffalo...

With the Rangers loss last night, we cannot play them.

Who do you want in the 1st round, and why?

Montreal
    or
    Buffalo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: So its down to Montreal and Buffalo...

Montreal, because its inevitable.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Hold your horses there. What if....

Bruins overhaul Philly to go 2nd (2 pts behind).

Rangers overhaul Buffalo to finish 7th (1 pt back).

Uh oh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I think we are staying at 3rd

Also, the NYR will not be ahead of Buffalo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Still too early to tell.  B's still have a chance to face all three.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

does not matter as Bruins would win any of those 1st rd match ups

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

COULD BE CAROLINA!   REALISTICALLY ITS MTL  IF BUF LOSES TONIGHT ITS ALMOST CERTAIN MTL WOULD CLINCH THE 6TH SEED AND PHILY WOULD BE 4 UP ON BOSTON WITH 2 GAMES LEFT FOR BS...   MTL OWNS THE TIE BREAKER WITH BUF MORE REG WINS BUT WE OWN TIE BREAKER WITH PHI... SO EVEN IF BUF WINS TONIGHT THEY MAY END UP 6TH AND US 2ND THUS WE MEET HABS SO EITHER WAY 3-6 OR 2-7 ITS LOOKS LIKE MTL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I'm starting to lean towards MTL - price has played 70+ games he's bound to mail in a few games
    Miller can be rock solid so I would be concerned about them
    I think we can grind down the Rangers if it happed...and Carolina, well they beat us the year we won the conference title and went on to lose to Pitts.  Thats saying they squeak in but as someone mentioned in another thread, we don't have a crystal ball

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Philly vs Buffalo tonight will be interesting....my money is on Buffalo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Montreal.  It's supposed to be this way and Price can be a head case. 

That said, Buffalo beats Philly tonight and we claim 2nd in the East, so it's anybody's guess, really, as to who we face.  Bruins should focus on playing solid games tomorrow and Sunday and see where the chips fall.  We can handle Buffalo, Montreal, or New York if we play well (yes, for 60 minutes).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If Bufalo wins against the Flyers they be tight with Mtl but Mtl has more wins...so it'll go down to the last game Mtl vs Leafs and Buff vs Columbus ....if Buffalo gets a win and Mtl less than 2 points in the last season's game they'll finish 6th ....if Mtl wins againt the Leafs they will finish 6th...only the Sabres can catch Mtl ..too late for the NYR and Carolina.....but if Buffalo beats the Flyers and the B's win their last 2 games ...Bruins will finish 2nd in the Confereance so we will still play Mtl ...but if the Flyers get one point in their last game against the Isles and the B's dont get 2 wins Bruins iwll finish 3rd....so lets wait and see but my bet is the Bruins will face Mtl in the 1st round with home ice advantage wich is huge this year ....Mtl has allowed 15 goals in the last 2 meeting in Boston ...are they afraid of the wolves ????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Montreal,

Why, its great for hockey, there is a great hate/rivalry, its meant to be.  I think it will be the best 1st round matchup.  I dont want Buffalo.  I find the games boring. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I'd rather win, than re-visit a rivalry that will be hyped with media criticism and biased announcers calling the game!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: So its down to Montreal and Buffalo...:[QUOTE] does not matter as Bruins would win any of those 1st rd match ups Posted by mrbruin4[/QUOTE]

The right answer^

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It can still be any of four teams.  I want the Canadiens because i think it would be the most entertaining.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Bruins could finish 2nd or 3rd.  We could play the Habs, Sabres, Rangers or Carolina.  Still LOTS to be determined.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I would hate to be a NYR fan if they get eliminated during the final weekend for the 2nd year in a row.  That is just pure cruelty!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: So its down to Montreal and Buffalo...:
    [QUOTE]Montreal, because its inevitable.....
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

Montreal scares me because Bruins will be killing penalties for the entire games in Montreal,and there fans are insane wouldn't put it pass them to try and get Chara,they set cars on fire when they win a play off round.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Buf beats Phi, we win 2 we are 2nd, and play
    Mon - if Buf beats CBJ and Mon loses to TO
    Buf - they lose to cbj, Mon wins we play Buf

Phi beats Buf loses last game to NYI, we win both we are 2nd and play
    Buf - they beat CBJ
    NYR - beat NJ, Buf loses to cbj, Car loses 1 game
    Car - NYR lose and Buf lose both

We end up 3rd we play
    Mon - they beat TO, Buf loses 1game
    Buf - they pick up 3 points

Would love to end 2nd for home advantage first 2 rounds, 3 if Was is upset.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

I think the B's best chances of advancing to the Conference Finals include facing Buffalo in Round I and hoping someone else eliminates the Habs (or at least bangs them up.)  The Habs' speed and skill pose a huge threat for the Bruins and are essentially the the arrow to the B's Achilles' heel.  I am glad we'll likely not be facing the Rangers, but I really don't want to see us face Montreal.  Bad matchus for us as far as I'm concerned.  Bring on Buffalo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

[QUOTE]I'm starting to lean towards MTL - price has played 70+ games he's bound to mail in a few games Miller can be rock solid so I would be concerned about them I think we can grind down the Rangers if it happed...and Carolina, well they beat us the year we won the conference title and went on to lose to Pitts.  Thats saying they squeak in but as someone mentioned in another thread, we don't have a crystal ball
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking on Price mailing it in a few times. Heck, I'll bet he's down at the post office right now picking up some stamps and envelopes, LOL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Buf beats Phi, we win 2 we are 2nd, and play Mon - if Buf beats CBJ and Mon loses to TO Buf - they lose to cbj, Mon wins we play Buf Phi beats Buf loses last game to NYI, we win both we are 2nd and play Buf - they beat CBJ NYR - beat NJ, Buf loses to cbj, Car loses 1 game Car - NYR lose and Buf lose both We end up 3rd we play Mon - they beat TO, Buf loses 1game Buf - they pick up 3 points Would love to end 2nd for home advantage first 2 rounds, 3 if Was is upset.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Goat although I don't see Philly losing both their games.
    The Penguins are right behind them for division.
    Odds are the Bruins will finish 3rd and will likely meet what the majority of you want. Montreal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I think the B's best chances of advancing to the Conference Finals include facing Buffalo in Round I and hoping someone else eliminates the Habs (or at least bangs them up.)  The Habs' speed and skill pose a huge threat for the Bruins and are essentially the the arrow to the B's Achilles' heel.  I am glad we'll likely not be facing the Rangers, but I really don't want to see us face Montreal.  Bad matchus for us as far as I'm concerned.  Bring on Buffalo!
    Posted by wilsondogg[/QUOTE]

a voice of reason !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

I know fighting pretty much disappears in the playoffs, but if there's to be an exception, let it be Boston pounding the snot out of Les Fagitants (otherwise referred to as the Habs). I hope we get the Habs, sweep them in four, win every game 10-0, and our big bodies like Horton, Lucic, McQuaid, Big Z, Boychuk and Thornton just keep pummeling these loser phagg-ots in the corners all series long. By Game 3, the red, white and blue will be afraid to go anywhere near a loose puck in the corner. And oh how I'd enjoy eliminating them on their own ice in Game 4 as their own fans boo mercilessly. I'm in heaven just thinking about it. GO BRUINS!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I actually think Buffalo has a much better team than Montreal.  Buffalo has size, speed, 3 decent lines, decent dmen and an amazing goalie.  I think they match us much better than Montreal.  and thats why I want montreal.  their defense is pathetic.  Price has major pressure.   They have speed up front but our size will squash that out.  Bring on Montreal.