So long, Thanks, and Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

So long, Thanks, and Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!

First: Didn't I tell you they were going to win last night? I just didn't know it would be SO EASY. (Insert uncomfortable chuckle here.)

Oh, man. They are just beyond the pale. Bad enough they cough up the 2-goal lead, but to have my favorite Bruin Bergy guilty of just a crazy-stupid penalty (yes, Wiznewski embellished but that late in the game you just can't even take the chance of having your stick anywhere NEAR a guy's face), and to see PK tie it on the ensuing PP, was almost too much to take.

So thank you Nathan (Mr. OT) Horton. How we liking that Wideman trade now, btw? PC haters--thoughts? I said Lucic would have a huge game last night, and well, not really--but he did make an EXCELLENT play on that OT goal, grabbing the puck outta the air, controlling & getting it over to NH. Maybe that kind of play will carry over to the Flyers series.

Some parting thoughts...mostly on the Bruins man-advantage, or as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons would call it: "Worst...Power Play....Ever."  This really cannot continue. I just implore CJ (and Neely and Chia, who really should be pressuring him now) to at least TRY Seguin on the PP....I don't care at this point if that's all you use him for...but how could it POSSIBLY get any worse??? The total lack of ability to get the puck smoothly thru the neutral zone and over the blue line is killing this team. You just can't survive in the playoffs going 0 for series on PPs. Use practice time to try Seguin w/Peverly and Kelly. It would work. I know it would.

OK, on to the main thrust here. I'm gonna miss you guys--even those I bickered with, because we're all (mostly) Bruins fans and care passionately about this team, but I have to stay true to my word and back away from further posting thru the playoffs.

I was SO SURE the Bruins were going to lose this series (0-26 all time down 0-2, etc., etc.)...that I would have placed money on Charlie Sheen having a better shot at winning the Nobel Peace Prize...and I railed against anyon who said otherwise, questioning their hockey intelligence and generally being obnoxious in my certainty that this series was over. Well who looks like a doofus now?

Look, the Bruins could get swept in 4 by the Flyers (they won't; more on that ina  second), but this team really showed me something in their deterimation and grit and fight...and more importantly showed me that there;s nothing wrong w/ hoping against hope...that sometimes faith can trump reason...and past performance doesn't always indicate future outcomes. So even if the B's do another 2nd round bye bye and run that lousy streak into another year, and it can't and does not discount the accomplishment made in this series...and making history as the first Bruins franchise to EVER come back from 0-2. That's big--and to do it against the Habs? Even bigger.

So I want to apologize to all those I disparaged by saying this couldn't happen. I was wrong. And I said if the Bruins did come back and win, I'd be done here. So I gotta honor that. In addition to walking that walk, there;'s the issue of what do I really have to contribute by way of insight anymore? If I was so certain the B's were history, clearly I don't know as much about hockey as I thought I did. So given that there's enough useless clutter in the world, and certainly on this forum, I'm freeing up a little more space for those w/something better to offer.

I really did have fun, tho', even in the midst of bickering w/those I disagreed with. It's great talking hockey--and knowing I'm not the only one out there obsessed w/the Bruins winning the Cup is a comforting thought. So thanks everyone for the back and forth. I'll be checking in from time to time to see what y'all are frothing about, and know that I'll still be cheering and groaning and cheering again at the Bruins' fortunes as the playoffs continue.

So, how about I end on an up note w/this prediction going forward:

Flyers redux? No problem. Krejci, who usually keeps his emotions in Czech (sorry), wants revenge for getting KO'd w/that wrist injury last year. He owned the Flyers in that series, and he will again this year. And after the Bruins had to deal with the excellent goaltending of Price, they'll find the back of the net much more often against the trio of Flyers goalies, none of whom can touch Price. Bruins in 6.

Eastern Conference Finals vs. Ovie and the Caps. Parts of this will be ugly. Just like the Yankees v. Pirates in the 1960 World Series, the Caps will win their 3 games by huge margins. Ovechkin will have a hat trick or 2, and there will be wins by Wash. of 6-2, 5-1 and the like...but the other 4 games of the series will be tight affairs, at least two to OT, and the Bruins will win them all...NH continues his march toward the new nickname "Mr. Overtime", and Peverly will have a huge series as well. Bruins win game 7 in Wash. 3-1 with an e.n. by Bergeron, who won't take any more dumb penalties late in the game protecting a lead--right, Bergy?

On to the Finals. Bruins vs. Canucks. And Vancouver's own Milan Lucic does the honors putting in the game and series winner for the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins.

A fantasy? Perhaps. But that's the narrative I leave you with. See you at the Parade!

TTBI

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: So long, Thanks, and Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!

absolutely hilarious, it reads like a eulogy. i wonder what screen name he'll resurface as? TTBI 2? that would be too easy...  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Loved reading your stuff these past couple weeks. Not sure what's going on and why you'd stop posting, but good luck watching. Who do you like for the other round 2 series?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to So long, Thanks, and Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    First: Didn't I tell you they were going to win last night? I just didn't know it would be SO EASY. (Insert uncomfortable chuckle here.) Oh, man. They are just beyond the pale. Bad enough they cough up the 2-goal lead, but to have my favorite Bruin Bergy guilty of just a crazy-stupid penalty (yes, Wiznewski embellished but that late in the game you just can't even take the chance of having your stick anywhere NEAR a guy's face), and to see PK tie it on the ensuing PP, was almost too much to take. So thank you Nathan (Mr. OT) Horton. How we liking that Wideman trade now, btw? PC haters--thoughts? I said Lucic would have a huge game last night, and well, not really--but he did make an EXCELLENT play on that OT goal, grabbing the puck outta the air, controlling & getting it over to NH. Maybe that kind of play will carry over to the Flyers series. Some parting thoughts...mostly on the Bruins man-advantage, or as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons would call it: "Worst...Power Play....Ever."  This really cannot continue. I just implore CJ (and Neely and Chia, who really should be pressuring him now) to at least TRY Seguin on the PP....I don't care at this point if that's all you use him for...but how could it POSSIBLY get any worse??? The total lack of ability to get the puck smoothly thru the neutral zone and over the blue line is killing this team. You just can't survive in the playoffs going 0 for series on PPs. Use practice time to try Seguin w/Peverly and Kelly. It would work. I know it would. OK, on to the main thrust here. I'm gonna miss you guys--even those I bickered with, because we're all (mostly) Bruins fans and care passionately about this team, but I have to stay true to my word and back away from further posting thru the playoffs. I was SO SURE the Bruins were going to lose this series (0-26 all time down 0-2, etc., etc.)...that I would have placed money on Charlie Sheen having a better shot at winning the Nobel Peace Prize...and I railed against anyon who said otherwise, questioning their hockey intelligence and generally being obnoxious in my certainty that this series was over. Well who looks like a doofus now? Look, the Bruins could get swept in 4 by the Flyers (they won't; more on that ina  second), but this team really showed me something in their deterimation and grit and fight...and more importantly showed me that there;s nothing wrong w/ hoping against hope...that sometimes faith can trump reason...and past performance doesn't always indicate future outcomes. So even if the B's do another 2nd round bye bye and run that lousy streak into another year, and it can't and does not discount the accomplishment made in this series...and making history as the first Bruins franchise to EVER come back from 0-2. That's big--and to do it against the Habs? Even bigger. So I want to apologize to all those I disparaged by saying this couldn't happen. I was wrong. And I said if the Bruins did come back and win, I'd be done here. So I gotta honor that. In addition to walking that walk, there;'s the issue of what do I really have to contribute by way of insight anymore? If I was so certain the B's were history, clearly I don't know as much about hockey as I thought I did. So given that there's enough useless clutter in the world, and certainly on this forum, I'm freeing up a little more space for those w/something better to offer. I really did have fun, tho', even in the midst of bickering w/those I disagreed with. It's great talking hockey--and knowing I'm not the only one out there obsessed w/the Bruins winning the Cup is a comforting thought. So thanks everyone for the back and forth. I'll be checking in from time to time to see what y'all are frothing about, and know that I'll still be cheering and groaning and cheering again at the Bruins' fortunes as the playoffs continue. So, how about I end on an up note w/this prediction going forward: Flyers redux? No problem. Krejci, who usually keeps his emotions in Czech (sorry), wants revenge for getting KO'd w/that wrist injury last year. He owned the Flyers in that series, and he will again this year. And after the Bruins had to deal with the excellent goaltending of Price, they'll find the back of the net much more often against the trio of Flyers goalies, none of whom can touch Price. Bruins in 6. Eastern Conference Finals vs. Ovie and the Caps. Parts of this will be ugly. Just like the Yankees v. Pirates in the 1960 World Series, the Caps will win their 3 games by huge margins. Ovechkin will have a hat trick or 2, and there will be wins by Wash. of 6-2, 5-1 and the like...but the other 4 games of the series will be tight affairs, at least two to OT, and the Bruins will win them all...NH continues his march toward the new nickname "Mr. Overtime", and Peverly will have a huge series as well. Bruins win game 7 in Wash. 3-1 with an e.n. by Bergeron, who won't take any more dumb penalties late in the game protecting a lead--right, Bergy? On to the Finals. Bruins vs. Canucks. And Vancouver's own Milan Lucic does the honors putting in the game and series winner for the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins. A fantasy? Perhaps. But that's the narrative I leave you with. See you at the Parade! TTBI
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Admire your integrity TTBI.  Even though you've been a little peeved at me on more than one occasion, I've enjoyed bantering with you, and reading your thoughts.  You're a good writer and you express yourself well too.  You'll be missed.
    People change their minds.  They choose new directions from time to time.  It's not neccesarily being inconsistent, dishonest, two faced, or unstable(it can be though).  It's called growth. 
    New/more information changes the landscape, and intelligent people revise opinions, outlook etc, when faced with additional data.

We can all take a page out of your book.

Look forward to seeing you back after the playoffs.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Get back here...beautiful eulogy, but no reason to leave.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yeah, don't be a frog. You know you won't be able to handle a loss without coming here and venting. We all know that you'll lurk so why not participate.

No one was really confident in the Bs when they were down 2-0, even I wasn't, history was against them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

TTBI, your well thought out insight is needed on this board....  please reconsider....

i have been as negative towards the b's as others have but when wrong i'll admit it without apoligizing and move on....

TTBI, ever hear the saying "i may disagree with what you say but i'll fight to death your right to say it"?....  or something like that....

come on man, i may need someone to have my back in the future....

Sections
Shortcuts