So much for my theory about playing matinees...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

So much for my theory about playing matinees...

I was just looking at some stats today during my lunch hour.

Looking at the schedule and number of matinees they play, I suspected there might be more this year to accomodate showcasing the Stanley Cup Champs on NBC(Vs).

I decided to count them up and sure enough - we have 16 games starting at 5:00PM (ET) or earlier this year compared to just 11 games last year.

But hold on. In 2009-10 we had 19(!) matinees...so there goes the theory that its got anything to do with SC champs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But let's look at their records for the three years:

2009-10...19 matiness, 9W-10L
    2010-11...11 matinees, 4W-7L
    2011-12...16 matinees, 5W-9L to date (2 to go)

Judging by our matinee records overall, is it coincidence that the year we had the fewest, we lost the least # of games in matinees and won the trophy deemed the toughest to win in all of sport?

Hmmmm...I didn't check to see if they played any matinees out west, which would put them at a regular time in the East. Maybe another time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: So much for my theory about playing matinees...

In Response to So much for my theory about playing matinees...:
    I was just looking at some stats today during my lunch hour. Looking at the schedule and number of matinees they play, I suspected there might be more this year to accomodate showcasing the Stanley Cup Champs on NBC(Vs). I decided to count them up and sure enough - we have 16 games starting at 5:00PM (ET) or earlier this year compared to just 11 games last year. But hold on. In 2009-10 we had 19(!) matinees...so there goes the theory that its got anything to do with SC champs. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But let's look at their records for the three years: 2009-10...19 matiness, 9W-10L 2010-11...11 matinees, 4W-7L 2011-12...16 matinees, 5W-9L to date (2 to go) Judging by our matinee records overall, is it coincidence that the year we had the fewest, we lost the least # of games in matinees and won the trophy deemed the toughest to win in all of sport? Hmmmm...I didn't check to see if they played any matinees out west, which would put them at a regular time in the East. Maybe another time.
    Posted by Davinator

I'm not sure why they play so many but I don't like them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

B's have always sucked in day games. the back to back sat/sun matinee has got to stop, but its nbc so it wont.

Hockey "day" in canada? dont think so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: So much for my theory about playing matinees...:
    B's have always sucked in day games. the back to back sat/sun matinee has got to stop, but its nbc so it wont. Hockey "day" in canada? dont think so.
    Posted by 86redsox

Actually, there's one Hockey Day in Canada every year, featuring games from all the squads, including one matinee game. It's the only matinee game all season that's scheduled for the CBC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

noted. whats yer take on day games in general?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Loathe the day games.  L-O-A-T-H-E.  Because they never seem to play well even when they win.  I remember one game in the early days of the matinee when they gave up two late goals to the Flyers - just sleepy, stupid goals - and lost.  I've hated the matinee ever since.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: So much for my theory about playing matinees...:
    noted. whats yer take on day games in general?
    Posted by 86redsox

As a west coaster, I absolutely hate them. Sunday's game started at 9:30 am my time. The only thing I should be doing at 9:30 on a Sunday morning is sleeping in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I hear that red. I have trouble getting up for the 12:30 starts let alone 9:30, thats just plain ridiculous.

I think the "day" game should be moved to like 3 PM or later. That would be MUCH better.

Sections
Shortcuts