So now Matt Cooke.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So now Matt Cooke.....

Matt Cooke took out yet another player today. None other than Alexander Ovechkin.  Dirty knee to knee.
    Why wasn't he suspended with what he started at the end of a 3-0 game against the Isles???
    Will he get suspended this time ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: So now Mat Cooke.....

Your post implies that Ovechkin is going to miss time.

To be clear, Ovehckin played on the ensuing powerplay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't know what it is about this guy.  I don't care about the Isles thing, but I thought the elbow to the head of Kieth Yandle earlier this year was clear case for a suspension, and then nothing from the league.

This guy has blood on his hands and always seems to avoid the wrath of Collie boy.  You can only hope he'll get his one way or another... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That's just silly.

In Response to Re: So now Mat Cooke.....:
    [QUOTE]quite frankly i'm not going to shed too many tears for ovechkin, he is just as dirty as cooke
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Your post implies that Ovechkin is going to miss time. To be clear, Ovehckin played on the ensuing powerplay.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's not hurt, I just heard about the cheap shot and saw a clip. 
    What my post implies is how does this dirty pig get away with it ? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know what it is about this guy.  I don't care about the Isles thing, but I thought the elbow to the head of Kieth Yandle earlier this year was clear case for a suspension, and then nothing from the league. This guy has blood on his hands and always seems to avoid the wrath of Collie boy.  You can only hope he'll get his one way or another... 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Fletch..it's clear this moron hasn't learned anything from any of his shenanigans . I was awfully surprised he got away with the Yandle hit. Clearly looked like he was targeting the head. I have zero respect for Cooke , it's only a matter of time before he does something dumb again...for this guy is to stupid to learn. Sooner or later he will get his just desserts .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can someone tell Crosby that's players like Cooke in this league is why his career wll and could be shortened .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: So now Mat Cooke.....:[QUOTE]Your post implies that Ovechkin is going to miss time. To be clear, Ovehckin played on the ensuing powerplay.Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What does how much time Ovechkin did or did not play after an intentional knee to knee hit have do with it ? Nothing Because it was intent to injure and Cooke has a history of these types of incidents.

Regardless of which team you root for or if you dislike Ovechkin Cooke is a dirty malicious piece of dirt so take number 8 out of the equation you have no grounds for argument to defend that piece of garbage!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

He's a Penguin. Why would the NHL suspend him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]quite frankly i'm not going to shed too many tears for ovechkin, he is just as dirty as cooke
    While I agree that Ovechkin is just as dirty as Cooke, this shouldn't be about who was the victim. Matt Cooke keeps delivering dirty hit after dirty hit after dirty hit. He should be suspended for his knee-on-knee hit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Cooke is pathetic, watch the videos of this guy, he tries to make everything look like an accident, always turns to the ref to say "what did I do?", but you watch the tapes and it's very clear he knows exactly what he's doing. These are the worst types of players and the most dangerous, he's ruined one career and thanks to the do nothing NHL  and he'll probably ruin another one, too bad the NHL doesn't have the nuts to truly fix this.

This guy is a frequent offender and the NHL needs to create a policy for these guys, each offense must be lower tolerance and longer suspensions. They need to create the discipline to really make these losers accountable and more cautious.

1st serious infraction- 6 games, 2nd 10 games, and on and on, he'll play better or play himself out of the season....that hit on Ovechkin is a perefect example. If Ovechkin had more weight on the leg he could be done a-la-Neely, and is was totally intentional and needless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

San Dog has it right....Intent to Injure...nuf said...suspension should follow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ovechkin isn't the cleanest player but that's a stretch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waePHWjVGY

The NHL needs a reminder of all his cowardly crap hes brought to the game. Im surprised that no one has given cooke a shot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yep I have never wished Injury on a hockey player before. But i feel like if someone doesnt take him out he's going to injure a true stud like Ovechkin or Kane or Richards or something. Then the league will have to act im sick of seeing this punk protected time and time again.

Nothing makes me sicker than Knee-Knee hits. One ended my serious playing days I had to quit Junior and a scholarship to Rivers prep because of it. Wound up playing for my HS but Ive needed surgery 5 years later because of that one hit.

As a player THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR IT! You cant say you didnt mean to you can clearly see he knows Ovechkin has the inside move so he extends and plants his knee to make contact because he knows he missed the big hit. THAT IS DIRTY thats almost worse than what he did to savard because you can argue a bit that he didnt mean it in that instance. But IMO No1 can say he didnt mean to throw a leg check there is DIRECT INTENT.

IMO A penalty for a legcheck should be auto 5game suspension. IF you hurt the guy 10+ depending on severity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone tell Crosby that's players like Cooke in this league is why his career wll and could be shortened .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I seem to remember Bergeron having a long conversation with Crosby on the ice last year.  I suspect Bergeron would never, ever say "I told you so"; but I wouldn't be surprised if that conversation has replayed in Crosby's head recently.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So now Mat Cooke..... : I seem to remember Bergeron having a long conversation with Crosby on the ice last year.  I suspect Bergeron would never, ever say "I told you so"; but I wouldn't be surprised if that conversation has replayed in Crosby's head recently.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

That's the 1million dollar question for Crosby.

Will he be honest and say there is no place for hits like Cooke gave Savard ?
    Oh wait, Ference got crucified for saying this.  Will Crosby ?
    Or will Crosby go with the old " Hockey Code" and say nothing ?  Because he must keep it to himself (sarcasm).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Matt Cooke is just following in the footsteps of the likes of Claude Lemeuix, Dale Hunter, Ulf Samuelsson, Matthew Barnaby, Darius Kasparitis, Bobby Clarke, Bryan Marchment, etc...  These guys have always been around and never seem to get theirs.  They are like cockroaches, you can't kill them!  I love when people say that this wouldn't have happened in the old NHL.  The fact of the matter is, that it did.  Just ask Bobby Orr or Cam Neely.  

These assclowns have been around forever and will continue to thrive in the NHL.  There are guys in the wings ready to replace Cooke, Avery, Ott, etc... Their names are Leblanc, Cormier, etc...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Come on... Ovy is not a dirty player.  Sure he might be careless in his hitting sometimes but I am sure that could be said about a lot of elite power forwards from the past or who are playing today. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So now Mat Cooke..... : While I agree that Ovechkin is just as dirty as Cooke, this shouldn't be about who was the victim. Matt Cooke keeps delivering dirty hit after dirty hit after dirty hit. He should be suspended for his knee-on-knee hit
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So now Mat Cooke..... : What does how much time Ovechkin did or did not play after an intentional knee to knee hit have do with it ? Nothing Because it was intent to injure and Cooke has a history of these types of incidents. Regardless of which team you root for or if you dislike Ovechkin Cooke is a dirty malicious piece of dirt so take number 8 out of the equation you have no grounds for argument to defend that piece of garbage!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Put your sword down, SanDog.  I wasn't defending him at all.  I was clarifying the previous statement so people who read it understood that Ovechkin wasn't taken off on a stretcher or was going to miss time. 

It's a terribly dirty play and one day this jerk will get his due.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: So now Matt Cooke.....

Its hard to think of anyone else in the league who has made a career of hiding behind the instigator rule.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: So now Matt Cooke.....

In Response to Re: So now Matt Cooke.....:
    [QUOTE]Its hard to think of anyone else in the league who has made a career of hiding behind the instigator rule.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

and here's the answer to all cheapshots.