So Red your Jets decided to overpay also.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So Red your Jets decided to overpay also.

They just signed Andrew Ladd on a contract for about 4M on cap per year.
    This is nuts ! 
    IMO the owners will lockout the players following the 2011/12 season.
    Some teams/GMs don't get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Re: So Red your Jets decided to overpay also.

BsLegion Ladd had some great numbers and he is only 25.  29 goals and 59 points in 81 games. On the current Bs team he would be just about at the top with Krejci and Lucic.  Not sure how they are over paying for him..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: So Red your Jets decided to overpay also.:
    [QUOTE]BsLegion Ladd had some great numbers and he is only 25.  29 goals and 59 points in 81 games. On the current Bs team he would be just about at the top with Krejci and Lucic.  Not sure how they are over paying for him..
    Posted by paulyboy[/QUOTE]

On a Bruins team with well balanced lines he does not get 59 points.
    I just find this free agency too many teams went nuts and overpaid.  Some can't even afford it !
    Many teams spent money don't have.
    Was the only reason so some of these teams make the floor (min cap hit )? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Sorry Legion, I disagree on this one....5 years $22m for Ladd? I don't think that's such a bad contract. Solid player in all 3 zones, puts up some offense, good character guy and team captain at age 25. I think there were lots of silly signings since FA opened but I don't think this is one of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

I agree with the overpaying of most of the players...I would have been happy if the Cap remained the same until this economy gets back on track. Bs are in a great spot right now and will have many options moving forward.  Even if Ladd put up 20 goals and not 29 he still would have recieved some where in the mid 3 million as will Marchant..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This pretty much sums up in general my feelings

Matt Kalman
    Random thought. Bruins have Horton locked up at cap hit of just $4 million for 2 more years. Compare that to the crap we saw last weekend

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL I'm not alone.

Matt Kalman
    Andrew Ladd now making more than Horton :) Erik Cole, Tomas Fleischmann too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm torn on this one. He's their captain and their leader, and is not yet in his prime, so there's upside and character they're paying for. But based purely on his production to date, it's not warranted. However, if he continues his level of improvement, this could end up as a good deal.

Also, the Jets are so far below the cap even with this contract (cap geek has them at almost 6 million below the floor still) that it doesn't stress me out too much. But get back to me after they sign Wheeler and Bogo - I have a feeling I'll be in tears.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

After some of the insanity that passed as responsible management July 1st and 2nd, this is a very sane deal. Ladd is 25, their captain and still has some offensive upside. Given the choice of Ladd over Flieshman and his ongoing embolism problems and Cole whose best years are behind him, I'd take Ladd and this deal in a heartbeat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think the Ladd deal is fine.  The team is going to need as much identity as they can get, and locking up the captain long term isn't a bad idea.  He can certainly play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: So Red your Jets decided to overpay also.:
    [QUOTE]I think the Ladd deal is fine.  The team is going to need as much identity as they can get, and locking up the captain long term isn't a bad idea.  He can certainly play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Ladd was the first Thrasher to visit Winnipeg around the time of the city's announced return to the league.  You're right.  At present, he's the face of the franchise in their efforts to re-establish themselves there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to So Red your Jets decided to overpay also.:
    [QUOTE]They just signed Andrew Ladd on a contract for about 4M on cap per year. This is nuts !  IMO the owners will lockout the players following the 2011/12 season. Some teams/GMs don't get it.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Same thing could have been said about Lucic's 4mill a year contract he signed while scoring an underwhelming 9 goals last year. Look how that turned out. Ladd has shown in past years he is tough and a leader and last year proved he could put up points as well. Plus, he has two cup rings. A little overpriced but considering Scottie Upshall is netting 3.5 mill I think Ladds deal is competitive....

Plus, what message would the new Jets be sending their fans if they failed to sign their captain?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

I think its a good move.We need to keep  core players.Thanks Bruins
    winning STANLEY CUP. Canucks fans are quiet around here.

Sections
Shortcuts