So should I help out a Canucks fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So should I help out a Canucks fan

I've mentioned before on here that I'm a Legionaire. One of my good friends at the branch is a hardcore Canucks fan. Yesterday he asked me if he could borrow one of my Bruins' jerseys, which certainly caught me off guard. Turns out the Cup will be in town this week - not sure the exact event, but it has something to do with a charity supported by Looch/Neely. Anyways, one of his clients is involved and will have a few alone minutes with the Cup. My buddy heard this and, well, he lied and said he was a Bruins fan, in order to get a chance to spend some time with it. He is a really nice older man, so my initial response was sure, as long as I can tag along. But he says he likely couldn't bring me as well.

So, do I help him out or not? I figure I should as he's been fairly kind to me, but it is a weird situation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: So should I help out a Canucks fan

In Response to So should I help out a Canucks fan:
    I've mentioned before on here that I'm a Legionaire. One of my good friends at the branch is a hardcore Canucks fan. Yesterday he asked me if he could borrow one of my Bruins' jerseys, which certainly caught me off guard. Turns out the Cup will be in town this week - not sure the exact event, but it has something to do with a charity supported by Looch/Neely. Anyways, one of his clients is involved and will have a few alone minutes with the Cup. My buddy heard this and, well, he lied and said he was a Bruins fan, in order to get a chance to spend some time with it. He is a really nice older man, so my initial response was sure, as long as I can tag along. But he says he likely couldn't bring me as well. So, do I help him out or not? I figure I should as he's been fairly kind to me, but it is a weird situation.
    Posted by red75

Character issues ? Sounds like a Nuck fan anyway, its your call.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Absolutely.  A hockey fan is a friend as long as he/she isn't a (expletive).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: So should I help out a Canucks fan:
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Wouldn't that cover a Nuck fan? Just kidding.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Yes, why deny him the thrill of a lifetime? Maybe he'll convert! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

I figure you're right NAS. He was inspired to play hockey because of Willie O'Ree, so I figured I could lend him that jersey.

But for the fun of it, I'm really tempted to lend him my Byron Dafoe Pooh Bear jersey. (it's game worn)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I've mentioned before on here that I'm a Legionaire. One of my good friends at the branch is a hardcore Canucks fan. Yesterday he asked me if he could borrow one of my Bruins' jerseys, which certainly caught me off guard. Turns out the Cup will be in town this week - not sure the exact event, but it has something to do with a charity supported by Looch/Neely. Anyways, one of his clients is involved and will have a few alone minutes with the Cup. My buddy heard this and, well, he lied and said he was a Bruins fan, in order to get a chance to spend some time with it. He is a really nice older man, so my initial response was sure, as long as I can tag along. But he says he likely couldn't bring me as well. So, do I help him out or not? I figure I should as he's been fairly kind to me, but it is a weird situation.
    Posted by red75

Weird situation is right but as you said he's a good buddy.  I'd help him out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: So should I help out a Canucks fan : I figure you're right NAS. He was inspired to play hockey because of Willie O'Ree, so I figured I could lend him that jersey. But for the fun of it, I'm really tempted to lend him my Byron Dafoe Pooh Bear jersey. (it's game worn)
    Posted by red75

Imagine that.  I'm the voice of reason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

New meaning to the phrase "Wolf in sheep's clothing!"

But yes, loan him the jersey but tell him to keep it afterwards.  It would never be the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by red75

NO.

If he *needed* the jersey, if it was required that he has a Bruins jersey - that's a different story.

I have Bruins t shirts, Bruins polo shirts and a Bruins jacket, but I don't have a Bruins jersey.  What would I do in his situation - BUY a Bruins polo and keep it and remember it as a memento.

Hell, if it REALLY REALLY came down to it and I could hang out with a bunch of old time Habs, Dryden and that whole bunch, and it required that I buy some Habs shirt or something.  I would do it.  and I would keep that jersey as a memento of the event.

Nice old guy or not, I can't think of a legit reason why he really NEEDS it.

And I would check around for cup appearances, I didn't think it circulated at this time of year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: So should I help out a Canucks fan : Imagine that.  I'm the voice of reason.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

There's a first time for everything...

Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

NO NO NO NO

The more I think about it, the more fishy it sounds.

As NAS said, hockey fans are hockey fans.  There is no reason to BORROW a jersey unless he lives under a bridge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What kind of cup event in Vancouver is ONLY for Bruins fans?  

That doesn't make any sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What kind of cup event in Vancouver is ONLY for Bruins fans?   That doesn't make any sense.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I don't think it's only for Bruins fans - just some private time I guess before an event. No idea about the precise details. I never asked. He just asked me to borrow oone to go see the Cup, i never pressed for the where and why fors, as I had no reason to doubt/question the guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: So should I help out a Canucks fan : I don't think it's only for Bruins fans - just some private time I guess before an event. No idea about the precise details. I never asked. He just asked me to borrow oone to go see the Cup, i never pressed for the where and why fors, as I had no reason to doubt/question the guy.
    Posted by red75

You have every right to ask, it's your property.

Red - put yourself in his place, if it were REQUIRED for you to wear a nucks something to hang out with the cup, what would you do?

Even tho I detest the nucks, if it were me I would buy a nucks polo shirt or something like that.  If he's hard core like you say, why on earth wouldn't he want to save that shirt and wear it when you ware with people who would recall why you are wearing it?

It makes no sense to me at all.  I have 2 good friends who are hardcore Habs fans and I wouldn't dream of asking to borrow theirs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Do it Red. No harm in it and it may bring good karma.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Do it Red. No harm in it and it may bring good karma.
    Posted by jmwalters

WHAT????  NO HARM???

He could commit unspeakable crimes against society with that jersey on, he could make an explicit adult film with that jersey on.

Or even worse than either of those, he could make a youtube clip uncomplimentary to the Bruins.  

O the humanity.  I plead with you to think carefully about this.  You may have nightmares for the rest of your life.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: So should I help out a Canucks fan : WHAT????  NO HARM??? He could commit unspeakable crimes against society with that jersey on, he could make an explicit adult film with that jersey on. Or even worse than either of those, he could make a youtube clip uncomplimentary to the Bruins.   O the humanity.  I plead with you to think carefully about this.  You may have nightmares for the rest of your life.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Heh....I promise to sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow.....LOL!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: So should I help out a Canucks fan : Heh....I promise to sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow.....LOL!!
    Posted by jmwalters

Red and I go back a long way.  I've pledged my undying love for her many a time, but does she value that?  I think not.  I'll get over it - eventually.  So I might stop eating for a while, cry myself to sleep for a few months, do myself an injury or 2.

Go ahead Red, do whatever you want.  No need to think about me suffering like an animal doing whatever it is you're going to do.  I won't do anything.  I'll just sit here like a mute.  Go ahead and take the carving knife from the dinner ham and go ahead and stab me in the heart.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Well?  

No followup to this story?

Can't say I didn't warn you that something horrific would come of it.

Hope you learned something.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've seen him twice since and he says he hasn't heard more from his client as to time, so it's just hanging there still.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like how he's a 'kind older man', but he lies through his teeth at the drop of a hat to get something.

I don't think I'd put on a Canuck jersey to meet Jesus.  Low moral character in this one...

Tell him to get a Bruins tattoo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

make him kiss the jersey on his knees, take a pic and download it on your account ....the poor jerk wont see the cup before another 50 years..so he'll get the chance to see it... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (sent from my IPad)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I like how he's a 'kind older man', but he lies through his teeth at the drop of a hat to get something. I don't think I'd put on a Canuck jersey to meet Jesus.  Low moral character in this one... Tell him to get a Bruins tattoo.
    Posted by Fletcher1

If I had a client that was a Nucker fan and all I had to do to seal the deal was wear a Nucks jersey or something you bet your behind I'd do it. Its called a white lie. No harm no foul there.

I'd give him the crappiest one you own if any. Don't give him a game worn jersey...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to "Re: So should I help out a Canucks fan":
    I like how he's a 'kind older man', but he lies through his teeth at the drop of a hat to get something. I don't think I'd put on a Canuck jersey to meet Jesus.  Low moral character in this one... Tell him to get a Bruins tattoo. Posted by Fletcher1
    Fletcher you really made me laugh...lol lol lol Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (sent from my IPad)

Sections
Shortcuts