So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons...

Because they are upset about a non-French speaking coach, they are going to boycott Molsons.

What would be funnier and better?

a) For Bruins fans to also boycott Molsons in support of our Habbie friends?  This would add more fuel to the fire and cut down their choice of coaches.
    I think this would be Hab humiliation.

Or.

b) We have a movement to buy MORE Molsons?
    I think this would be Hab/Quebecois irritation.
    Plus, we could get blotto in the process.

Either way I think it would be hilarious and add insult to injury to the Habs.

At least a "we drink Molsons" chant at the next Habs game.  I wish I had thought of it when I was at the last Bruins Habs game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons...

"Molson" doesn't sound very French to me.  

Can't they find a beer that I have trouble pronouncing to hang their ridiculous causes on??

Do they normally drink a lot of Molson?  I had them pegged as more...Smirnoff Ice types...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons...:
    "Molson" doesn't sound very French to me.   Can't they find a beer that I have trouble pronouncing to hang their ridiculous causes on?? Do they normally drink a lot of Molson?  I had them pegged as more...Smirnoff Ice types...
    Posted by Fletcher1

The Molson brothers own the team and defended the hiring of the non French speaking coach.  That's why they want to boycott Molson and Molson products.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Where is NrGuy?

A Molson chant furing the Bruins v Habs game 1/12 would be perfect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : The Molson brothers own the team and defended the hiring of the non French speaking coach.  That's why they want to boycott Molson and Molson products.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Yeah, I got that, but a boycott would suggest that they currently drink Molson now, and are planning to stop drinking it.  

If they're so offended by non-french things, like Randy Cunneyworth and violence, you might think that they are drinking Pierre's Dancing Fairy Parisian Lager instead.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : Yeah, I got that, but a boycott would suggest that they currently drink Molson now, and are planning to stop drinking it.   If they're so offended by non-french things, like Randy Cunneyworth and violence, you might think that they are drinking Pierre's Dancing Fairy Parisian Lager instead.
    Posted by Fletcher1

i bet that stuff goes down easy, you know, like the habs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ive never heard fans, like the Habs fans, get so bent out of shape over such miniscule stuff. I still cant believe people were calling the police right after the Chara incident last year. Seriously... its a sporting event and Physical play is part of the game. Its not like someone was shot or being robbed... Such a joke. They even had their airlines pulling out of support for the incident....Just really odd. Ive never heard of that ever anywhere else. Now getting on the Molsons for hiring a non french speaking coach. WHO CARES, he speaks english when coaching. Only Canadians who speak french are from Montreal and maybe Quebec and Ottawa. The rest of Canada does not. Its just really being whiners about the whole thing. Give it a rest already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : i bet that stuff goes down easy, you know, like the habs.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Oh yeah, you can have a 12-pack, a couple of baguettes, and still ride your moto home without even losing your scarf...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : Yeah, I got that, but a boycott would suggest that they currently drink Molson now, and are planning to stop drinking it.   If they're so offended by non-french things, like Randy Cunneyworth and violence, you might think that they are drinking Pierre's Dancing Fairy Parisian Lager instead.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch, the top selling brands in Quebec are in order, Labatt Blue, Molson Canadian, Molson Export, Moosehead, Alexander Keiths, Sleeman's Honey Brown, La Fin Du Monde, Kokanee, Molson Dry, and Labatt 50. Pretty much the same in the rest of Canada, except in some provinces Rickards, Pilsner and Labatt's Light make the list. That's just the domestic brands. Thanks to prairie farmers, Bud is the number one beer if you include import sales.

So 3 of the top 10 are Molson.

PS, got that from asking my dad, a brewmaster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

do they still make molson braduer(sp?) that was always my favorite when visiting the great white north.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Molson" doesn't sound very French to me.   Do they normally drink a lot of Molson?  I had them pegged as more...Smirnoff Ice types...
    Posted by Fletcher1

How could they possibly pass up Seagram's wine coolers for Smirnoff Ice ?

What's great about this non-French speaking story is it gets better everyday, it keeps growing...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

do they still make molson braduer(sp?) that was always my favorite when visiting the great white north.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

adk - In my teens Brador was the one to have.  More alcohol content than the others at the time.  Think it was 6 or 7%.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : adk - In my teens Brador was the one to have.  More alcohol content than the others at the time.  Think it was 6 or 7%.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

The alcohol content was 6 % . But for me Brador was nasty tasting. Too strong for my taste buds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I actually really like Moslon Canadian.

But I boycott every year during the hockey season anyways. It seems to have been working out for me the last few years lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : The alcohol content was 6 % . But for me Brador was nasty tasting. Too strong for my taste buds.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowda - Thanks for the info.  Cheers!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

i remember taking A road trip to montreal when i was 17.. Oh wow do I remember chuggin' those Molson Exports on St. Catherine's street..LOL.. at the time I thought they tasted great..  Could have given me a dog chew and I would have thought that was great too.. LOL....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Those poor Habs fan, they've probably never tried a tasty Narragansett or Meister Brau.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Karma for threatening to pull advertisement from the league after the Chara-Max incident.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Mol-son Mol-son
    Goes down ea-sy

...thanks, adkbeesfan...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

<sigh />.  Another thread gone completely amuck.

Man, did I ever get blotto at a bar in Montreal when I was like 15 or 16 back in the mid 70's.  Underage drinking was not an issue...

oh yah, the thread...

A chant of "Thank you Molson" at the next Habs game?

Also boycott Molson until they hire a French speaking coach - and might as well go for a full team of French speaking players, too.  There must be tons of them in the ahl and echl.

Or campaign for drinking more Molsons?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They make some good beers in Quebec - Maudite, La Fin du Monde, Belle Gueulle, Blanche de Chambly....  Plenty of Export 50s are consumed in la belle province, but that doesn't mean they don't make some good beers that will challenge Fletch's pronunciation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : Fletch, the top selling brands in Quebec are in order, Labatt Blue, Molson Canadian, Molson Export, Moosehead, Alexander Keiths, Sleeman's Honey Brown, La Fin Du Monde, Kokanee, Molson Dry, and Labatt 50. Pretty much the same in the rest of Canada, except in some provinces Rickards, Pilsner and Labatt's Light make the list. That's just the domestic brands. Thanks to prairie farmers, Bud is the number one beer if you include import sales. So 3 of the top 10 are Molson. PS, got that from asking my dad, a brewmaster.
    Posted by red75

I seriously would jump off a bridge if those were my only options. Except La Fin Du Monde. That's some tasty stuff. Does Labatt Blue actually taste like beer, or is it beer-flavored water?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : Oh yeah, you can have a 12-pack, a couple of baguettes, and still ride your moto home without even losing your scarf...
    Posted by Fletcher1

^ That was truly inspired. I might start a slow clap.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons... : ^ That was truly inspired. I might start a slow clap.
    Posted by asmaha

asmaha - Make it the Wiserhood clap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77ray77. Show 77ray77's posts

In Response to So the Habs fans are going to boycott Molsons...:
    Because they are upset about a non-French speaking coach, they are going to boycott Molsons. What would be funnier and better? a) For Bruins fans to also boycott Molsons in support of our Habbie friends?  This would add more fuel to the fire and cut down their choice of coaches. I think this would be Hab humiliation. Or. b) We have a movement to buy MORE Molsons? I think this would be Hab/Quebecois irritation. Plus, we could get blotto in the process. Either way I think it would be hilarious and add insult to injury to the Habs. At least a "we drink Molsons" chant at the next Habs game.  I wish I had thought of it when I was at the last Bruins Habs game.
    Posted by BadHabitude
    ah , just like the habs , Molson products suck!!

Sections
Shortcuts