So What were Today's Best/Worst Signings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So What were Today's Best/Worst Signings?

Mine are:

Best-Sami Salo, ! year  for $2mill. I bet the guy has a monster year

Worst-James Wizniewski(sp?) A million years for a Billion dollars. I am still at a loss for this one.

honourable Mention-Erik Cole 4years at 18mill. He was washed up five years ago..

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: So What were Today's Best/Worst Signings?

I don't think the Wiz deal is nearly as bad as the Jovo deal.  Yeah, I know that Florida is trying to spend money, but that deal is a complete joke.

I think the Leino deal is pretty slick but I still cannot get over Ottawa getting Filatov for a 3rd rounder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: So What were Today's Best/Worst Signings?:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the Wiz deal is nearly as bad as the Jovo deal.  Yeah, I know that Florida is trying to spend money, but that deal is a complete joke. I think the Leino deal is pretty slick but I still cannot get over Ottawa getting Filatov for a 3rd rounder.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Forgot about the Jovonovski lottery win. Also, Upshall for 3.5 mill for the next few years. Add Campbell (7.1 mill). Florida has gone certifiably insane....they will go bankrupt and move to qubec city by the end of the year....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to So What were Today's Best/Worst Signings?:
    [QUOTE]Mine are: Best-Sami Salo, ! year  for $2mill. I bet the guy has a monster year Worst-James Wizniewski(sp?) A million years for a Billion dollars. I am still at a loss for this one. honourable Mention-Erik Cole 4years at 18mill. He was washed up five years ago.. Your thoughts?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Check Salo's health and production and then come on back to use the edit button.

I am also stunned by the Joel Ward deal.  The guy has less than 100 NHL points and is going to get paid $12M? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hehehe...I stand by my Salo statement. I always like him going back to his days on Ottawa. If he can play 60-70 games (yes, that is a big if) he will be their best d-man by far while making close to Andrew Alberts type money....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: So What were Today's Best/Worst Signings?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So What were Today's Best/Worst Signings? : Forgot about the Jovonovski lottery win. Also, Upshall for 3.5 mill for the next few years. Add Campbell (7.1 mill). Florida has gone certifiably insane....they will go bankrupt and move to qubec city by the end of the year.Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it JM I was going to say "Every move Dale Tallon made in the last week". I realized he needed to get to the cap floor but Fleischmann?! Max goal output 23 in a season is his highest paid forward now and Florida's goalie(s) are Clemmensen and Theodore!

What is scary is the Panthers still need to spend $5M more!!! So here goes Dale Kovalev 3 years for $18M to round it out what do you think ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joebondo. Show joebondo's posts

Uphsall's deal in mind blowing, Florida is certifiably insane I think.  I bet you NYR have tried to peddle Redden on them all day...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Leino, Flieschman(sp?), Upshall, Jovo were all AWFUL signings.

Leino, a guy who had done absolute jack sh!t before last year, doesn't even score 20, gets $4.5M/YR. If I were the Sabres President I would've fired the GM on the spot for that contract offer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Best- Torres
    Worst- Wiz(he is making 50g's less than Duncan Keith) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Best- Torres Worst- Wiz(he is making 50g's less than Duncan Keith) 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Keith would have gotten more money on the open market. The Hawks subs. annual salary for years. He definitely would have gotten over $6M. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

i totally agree with nas on joel ward wow.  but my worst sighing is jagr in philly, really?over 3 mil? wait till he gets hit  he's 39! he was all done after the rangers, so philly lost RICHARDS CARTER LIENNO AND CARCILLO! THE FLYERS ARE GONNA BE SOFT! WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT THAT? EVER! wouldn't want to be holmgren by feb

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Best- Torres Worst- Wiz(he is making 50g's less than Duncan Keith) 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Stand by your man, eh shupe?

So many deals to scoff at, the highlights for me would be:
    Ward
    Jovo
    Wiz

One deal to like was a low-risk Steve Sullivan signing for 1 year/ $1.5M by the Pens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Worst is Fleischmann at $4.5 million per year (for the next 4 years). That's more than what Lucic, Horton, or Krejci make per season.

He hit 23 and 19 goals while with the Caps while they were a team that stressed offense. In the playoffs he completely disappears, as he's strictly a perimeter player. He can get pretty goals, but only during the regular season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Berghenheim(sp?) 4YRS/11M ($2.75M/YR)...STUPID!

These stupid contracts could possibly screw us with Marchand. There could be a chance that some team will be stupid enough to offer a real big offer sheet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Berghenheim(sp?) 4YRS/11M ($2.75M/YR)...STUPID! These stupid contracts could possibly screw us with Marchand. There could be a chance that some team will be stupid enough to offer a real big offer sheet.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

UFA VS RFA, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Leino is making 500K less than Bergeron.
    'nuff said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nhl/news/story?id=6730442

"Souray spent last season with Hershey of the AHL, collecting 19 points. Fiddler, 31, has played the past two seasons in Phoenix. He had 22 points (6 goals, 16 assists) in 71 games last season. He's solid on the faceoff as well, winning 53.9 percent of his draws last season."

Me oh my the Stars Yah faceoffs are what you should be worried about losing Richards...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Berghenheim(sp?) 4YRS/11M ($2.75M/YR)...STUPID! These stupid contracts could possibly screw us with Marchand. There could be a chance that some team will be stupid enough to offer a real big offer sheet.

Marchand has been qualified.  No offer sheets can come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Leino, Flieschman(sp?), Upshall, Jovo were all AWFUL signings. Leino, a guy who had done absolute jack sh!t before last year, doesn't even score 20, gets $4.5M/YR. If I were the Sabres President I would've fired the GM on the spot for that contract offer.

Leino is a heck of a hockey player.  He hadn't been given much of a chance to play in the NHL until last season. He's going to give B's fans fits.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

best is Cam Barker, one year, 2.25 mil....

worst, all of Florida's....  millions spent today will lead to nothing more than a lottery pick....

might as well have taken a shot at rfa's Stamkos or Doughty....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Forget the $$. Gotta love the downgrade by Habs for Price's backup -- Sanford and Auld GONE -- ADD Budaj.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Forget the $$. Gotta love the downgrade by Habs for Price's backup -- Sanford and Auld GONE -- ADD Budaj.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Yeah. This is huge all right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually, Budaj is a decent 1A option which may be interesting considering Price does better playing 70-75 games as last year....very interesting.

As for Leino NAS, he will disappear after one hit which is why the Flyers let him go...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

worst - everything Dallas did.  Souray deal is bonkers insane - league minimum and should not have been signed at all.  Ryder deal is just stupid.

best - all the deals for 1 mil or less, they are quite sensible and they got what they paid for.

Actually, looking at the list of signings Pouliot ain't half bad at all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]worst - everything Dallas did.  Souray deal is bonkers insane - league minimum and should not have been signed at all.  Ryder deal is just stupid. best - all the deals for 1 mil or less, they are quite sensible and they got what they paid for. Actually, looking at the list of signings Pouliot ain't half bad at all.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Got to agree with you here. Adam Pardy for 2mill a year is just mind boggling. I hope they enjoy Ryder's disappearing act.

The question now becomes, which team will go bankrupt first: Florida, Dallas, or Columbus?

Sections
Shortcuts