So what's the situation $$ ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

So what's the situation $$ ?

According to Cap geek, we have 5,6 millions left, but that will go to Rask.

So all we have left is the 4 millions $ we can get by placing Savard on LTI ?

That's what's left to get a back-up goalie and a decent third line winger to play with Kelly-Soderberg ?? Am I right ? Tough to follow ! :)

Have to find someone who can shoot to play with Kelly-Soderberg, cause these two don't !

And I still don't get why we didn't signed Khudo, he was okay for a back up...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: So what's the situation $$ ?

In response to Remi72's comment:

That's what's left to get a back-up goalie and a decent third line winger to play with Kelly-Soderberg ?? Am I right ? Tough to follow ! :)

Have to find someone who can shoot to play with Kelly-Soderberg, cause these two don't !

Rask is the only one left that is a necessity to sign. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Chia still on the ropes even after the Iginla move.  We'll see.  At least the Iginla deal is incentive laden.

Maybe they can stagger Rask's deal a bit? I still think they need a versatile forward to replace the idea Seguin and Peverley could play both spots.  Has value with faceoffs.

There's no such thing as staggering the cap hit regardless of how the money is doled out per season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

The bruins can exceed the cap by 4.8225 (bonus cushion, they don't even have to put savard on LTIR).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So really the Bruins can use Savard's LTIR at the deadline in March if they need too.

PC says "Peace out Bi0tches!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Chia still on the ropes even after the Iginla move.  We'll see.  At least the Iginla deal is incentive laden.

Maybe they can stagger Rask's deal a bit? I still think they need a versatile forward to replace the idea Seguin and Peverley could play both spots.  Has value with faceoffs.

There's no such thing as staggering the cap hit regardless of how the money is doled out per season. 

I think he meant maybe year 1. 5m. Year 2. 6M Year 3. 7M

i still think this year he should sign for around 5.5.  Then get the big bump next year to the larger deal.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

So really the Bruins can use Savard's LTIR at the deadline in March if they need too.

I hope he says mason raymond or daniel cleary.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Bah attempt 2 at this post.

Bartkowski in Providence.  Johnson as backup.  Soderberg skating.  Assuming my understanding of the bonus limit is correct, the Bruins have $6.2M without dipping into LTIR.  So that much for Rask plus one skater, or all but guarantee an overage penalty for the next year.  If the cap goes up as much as being predicted, no problem.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Bah attempt 2 at this post.

Bartkowski in Providence.  Johnson as backup.  Soderberg skating.  Assuming my understanding of the bonus limit is correct, the Bruins have $6.2M without dipping into LTIR.  So that much for Rask plus one skater, or all but guarantee an overage penalty for the next year.  If the cap goes up as much as being predicted, no problem.

Whos on the 3rd line?   That players money goes against cap as well or do you incLude this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Whos on the 3rd line?   That players money goes against cap as well or do you incLude this.

That lineup assumes Soderberg-Kelly +1, so I haven't included that player.  Rask plus a skater need to fit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Rask is not eligible for bonus clauses in his contract, and any contract that is more than 1 year has the same cap hit for each of it's years (ignoring Kovalchuk clause).

This is his last year of RFA status.  If he signs a slightly smaller deal for "short" money, there's a risk he is lost as a UFA.  Not a simple situation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I think he meant maybe year 1. 5m. Year 2. 6M Year 3. 7M

i still think this year he should sign for around 5.5.  Then get the big bump next year to the larger deal.  

I figured that is what he meant but the cap hit won't be affected by how the cash is paid. Cap hit is averaged out over the length of the deal. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hope he says mason raymond or daniel cleary.  [/QUOTE]

Nope Rask gets signed you lose!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

what is the price that rask demands that makes PC tell him to go ef his hat?  there's not even any good goalies available (TT?).  We need him and he knows it, how does PC negotiate in this position? At least Khodobin had potential.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:

what is the price that rask demands that makes PC tell him to go ef his hat?  there's not even any good goalies available (TT?).  We need him and he knows it, how does PC negotiate in this position? At least Khodobin had potential.

hes an RFA. Bruins will pay him but the Bruins have all the leverage unless he gets an offer sheet. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not even with an incentive laden 1 year deal? It's a 1 year deal, correct?

How do you stagger a one year deal?

Sections
Shortcuts