So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?

This morning on TSN radio I heard Darren Dreger saying that there was one GM that was complaining about the Bruins conduct. Really ?  Like what ?
    He supposedly said how can a league go forward with change when a team like the Bruins plays and conducts itself the way it does and then added " For the NHL to change the Bruins it must start with the Bruins. 

Brought up these examples:

- Of course the Chara - Pacioretty story
    - Brawl like game(s)
    - Stanley Cup final "picking on Vancouver's stars"
    - and now of course what ignited this talk the Lucic-Miller incident

I know most of you will think it's Gauthier of the Habs but honestly don't think it was him.
    Who could it be ?
    My guess is Gillis of Vancouver. He hasn't stopped whinning. I think he's still blaming Boychuk for a dirty hit. 
    Sorry 49North , it is what is and my opinion.

I really hope this story breaks out publicly and not to have a name because that will not happen but we'll all know who it is eventually.
    In every day life this would be defamation of character .  I say Chiarelli talks to Stu Grimson for legal advise.
    Kidding on the last part.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?

34 goals in 6 games.  I'm sure that point is never mentioned in their arguments.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

I don't think it was Gauthier either...vegans don't get that angry.

I think you're on the right track with Gillis.

Nice to see Chicago wipe them up last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

weh weh weh... there is NOTHING more pathetic than grown men whining. it makes me appreciate even more the the way the bruins handle their business. nobody says a word about anything, they stick to the party line..."this is a league matter, it's out of our control, we need to be ready for next game"-whiners take note...this is how to do it. your whining is very unbecoming a professional athlete/coach/gm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I went on TSN radio site to try and get something to link and I can't find it.
    Maybe someone that is more computer savvy than me can go to TSN Radio Montreal and find this mornings conversation with Darren Dregger and put it up.

http://www.tsn.ca/montreal/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would think Gauthier, Shero, Regier and oh defenitely Gillis would need his tires pumped...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?:
    [QUOTE]I went on TSN radio site to try and get something to link and I can't find it. Maybe someone that is more computer savvy than me can go to TSN Radio Montreal and find this mornings conversation with Darren Dregger and put it up. http://www.tsn.ca/montreal/
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

This is the link to the podcast but it doesn't seem to work for me at moment, maybe for some of you.

It's the Dreger chat

I think it hasn't been loaded yet as the other podcasts are working. Maybe in 30 mins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?:
    [QUOTE]weh weh weh... there is NOTHING more pathetic than grown men whining. it makes me appreciate even more the the way the bruins handle their business. nobody says a word about anything, they stick to the party line..."this is a league matter, it's out of our control, we need to be ready for next game"-whiners take note...this is how to do it. your whining is very unbecoming a professional athlete/coach/gm.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Right and you ever wonder why it appears that the league gives them the benefit of the doubt most of the time? Its because the respect the league and dont constantly whine, criticize and mock it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : Right and you ever wonder why it appears that the league gives them the benefit of the doubt most of the time? Its because the respect the league and dont constantly whine, criticize and mock it.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    this may be true, but i hope not. the nhl should be completely impartial when it comes to their rulings. whining or not, each ruling should be judged on its own merit. to that point, what is it that the whiners are trying to accomplish? their ramblings SHOULD have no effect on anything. maybe they are just prone to whining and crying. they sound more like uneducated fans, than the professionals they are supposed to be. so so sad  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I urge you guys to listen to the conversation that SomethingBrewin has linked above.
    I was outraged.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : this may be true, but i hope not. the nhl should be completely impartial when it comes to their rulings. whining or not, each ruling should be judged on its own merit. to that point, what is it that the whiners are trying to accomplish? their ramblings SHOULD have no effect on anything. maybe they are just prone to whining and crying. they sound more like uneducated fans, than the professionals they are supposed to be. so so sad  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I hope so.  Next week , Monday in Montreal and then Wednesday in Buffalo. 
    I hope the league has A1 officiating and fair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i really think it's more to appease their fan base- which whines and cries right along with them. so pathetic

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Heaven forbid a team plays an exciting, passionate style. Bim09's point about 34 goals should suggest a few more teams should play like the Bruins, not complain about them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Most assuredly Regier was in the forefront complaining. But it's the wrong message. The GM's have to adopt a rule forbidding the armor plated shoulder, chest, elbow, forearm pads that are built like old time gladiator armor. Lucic's hit on Miller was from his chest mainly, and that is devestating with Looch's weight behind it. Cherry has been complaining about these pads for more than two years, and "supposedly" the NHL has been investigating and evaluating. replacements with protective, but softer pads which could result in two things. Reduce the impact of hard hits, and make every player, but the few nuts, adjust from fear of self injury, and revert to old-fashioned, but equally productive body checks. Hitting the boards with these armor plated pads does not hurt very much, but having less armor should lessen those who slam themselves, and others, into the boards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

I don't think it was Vancouver. They get a lot of shizz for from teams in their conference for "cheap shots".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, Gillis sounds about right because his sound bites during the Cup were very much like this (and his failure to understand the situation and address it over the off-season is why his team is nancying its way out of the playoffs!).  But if you asked me to put money down, I say Regier.  Regier's the one who's in the vanguard of the crackdown on head contact, Regier's the one most recently affected, and Regier's the one with a small, soft roster that has to face the Bruins 6 times a year.

Legion, I look at that list of topics and I think...and?  Why are any of those Bruin-specific topics?  Almost every team has a "brawl like game" every year - Boston usually has one or two at most.  Oooooooooooooo!  Players get hit into the stanchions at least once a week.  Picking on the other team's stars has been standard procedure in the playoffs since at least the Orr era when teams would try to catch Bobby and slow him down by taking a physical toll on him.  And agitating the other team's stars is a central part of Vancouver's game play with Burrows and Lapierre and Bieksa.  What are they supposed to do?  Clap and watch the Sedins as they do Smorgasbord on Ice?

Just like the Chara/Pacciorety thing, we saw a guy run a goalie the next game - no suspension.  No hew and cry for a suspension and no one saying "the Montreal Canadiens have to be addressed!"  Personally, I think running the goalie in the crease is worse than what Lucic did because that's where goalies are contorting themselves to make saves - it's where they're vulnerable to serious injuries.  I think the worst thing - because the intent is often clear a vodka - is the play you see a hundred times a season where the goalie covers the puck and a forward goes in and starts spearing at the goalie to get the puck out.  A defenseman then nudges him to get him to stop and the forward - call him Balex Urrows - flops theatrically onto the goaltender as though this was professional wrestling.  How about you address that rather than this much rarer situation of a goaltender winning a race to a loose puck in a breakaway scenario?

I like Chiarelli's comment - you can imagine the discussion after that vote.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

we need to stop giving a hoot what those in montreal, vancouver and toronto are jibber-jabbering about. haven't we all noticed it's not anyone else that's yippin'? take it for what it's worth, nothing but sour grapes. and i'm not talking don cherry. by this point we all should be used to the "ubiased canadian media". everyone does realize these folks chiming in are long-time habs/leafs/nucks fans, that are pi**ed that no canadian team(the team they root for) has won in 20+ years, and it was those big mean bruins that just snagged the cup from their grasp in june. weh weh weh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

So typical.  I suspect that tomorrow, y'all will be talking as though you're absolutely sure it was Gillis, simply because a couple of you "figure it's him".  Yep, like you guys know all of the GMs in the NHL, how they talk when they're in discussions amongst themselves, and how they feel about all of the other 29 teams in the league.

I read that 2/3 of the NHL GMs felt that Looch should have been suspended.  So first pick out which 20 GMs are on that side, then choose one from that group.

Really, do you guys need another reason to hate the Canucks?  There aren't enough already?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Wow I guess the bruins are really in some gms head or maybe many. I really hope they don't ban fighting from the game but I think its only a matter of time. If I was PC at this meeting I would be asking why the diving penalty is only called as a matching penalty and never by its self. I would also ask for suspensions to be handed out to players who continue to keep embeslishing and diving i.e pk suban.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]So typical.  I suspect that tomorrow, y'all will be talking as though you're absolutely sure it was Gillis, simply because a couple of you "figure it's him".  Yep, like you guys know all of the GMs in the NHL, how they talk when they're in discussions amongst themselves, and how they feel about all of the other 29 teams in the league. I read that 2/3 of the NHL GMs felt that Looch should have been suspended.  So first pick out which 20 GMs are on that side, then choose one from that group. Really, do you guys need another reason to hate the Canucks?  There aren't enough already?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    That's curious, because I've seen it reported that it was only a slight majority.  Where did you get 2/3 from?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]So typical.  I suspect that tomorrow, y'all will be talking as though you're absolutely sure it was Gillis, simply because a couple of you "figure it's him".  Yep, like you guys know all of the GMs in the NHL, how they talk when they're in discussions amongst themselves, and how they feel about all of the other 29 teams in the league. I read that 2/3 of the NHL GMs felt that Looch should have been suspended.  So first pick out which 20 GMs are on that side, then choose one from that group. Really, do you guys need another reason to hate the Canucks?  There aren't enough already?

It seems you come here to cry about the bruins is this an attempt to cope with the fact your team was beaten in the cup finals by the bruins?

I will say it again BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS. No matter how much you show up here and cry about the bruins nothing is going to change who won in the finals last year. Feel free to keep makeing your self look like a cry baby your crying here brings a smile and a laugh to my face everytime I read them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

curious to hear your thoughts on brodeur. the goalies union is a VERY close-knit group. and this is no bum speaking out, only the best possible to ever play the game and a class act. he seems to think (with his 15+ years of nhl experience), that miller bears some responsibility in the hit. but what does this guy know? kudos on marty, for having the cahones and character to speak the truth, instead of caving to the "we gotta stick together" mantra this tightknit brotherhood usually employs. you've got to ask yourself who's interests are being served here. broduer stands NOTHING to gain by making these comments- it actually does exactly the opposite. the whiners in the league realize (after watching the bruins win the cup) they can't compete with the cam neely style big bad bruins, and know there is nothing they can do about it. goaltending and scoring can be hot or cold, team toughness (down to the goalie) shows up every night- keep whining you wear it well 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

from what I've heard and read there were many G.M's complaining about the Bruins. I suspect it's for 2 reasons.

1. They're the champs.

2. Shanahan brought a video that included the ference hit vs. Montreal, the Chara hit, the Paille hit and the lucic play among others.

Then I guess he warned the bruins if they were to come in front of him again to "expect a suspension"....Thats the part that bothers me. I would assume he would handle each individual case without taking itnot consideration the the previous acts of teammates. If he wants to to consider the previous record of the player involved thats fine but don't punish David Krejci because other G.M's are uspset about Lucic or Chara.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : That's curious, because I've seen it reported that it was only a slight majority.  Where did you get 2/3 from?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    Found it myself.  The relevant quotes:
    "About two-thirds of the GMs leaned toward supplemental discipline for such incidents, according to NHL senior vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell."
    "A straw poll was taken, and a slight majority voted the play should have resulted in a five-minute major penalty, as well as a suspension, because they thought there was intent to injure on Lucic’s part." (from Chiarelli)

I really wish they would just release the actual numbers.  Given that both of these guys are fluent in lawyer-speak, it suggests that the result was something like 17 wanted a suspension, 3 a fine, and 10 neither.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]from what I've heard and read there were many G.M's complaining about the Bruins. I suspect it's for 2 reasons. 1. They're the champs. 2. Shanahan brought a video that included the ference hit vs. Montreal, the Chara hit, the Paille hit and the lucic play among others. Then I guess he warned the bruins if they were to come in front of him again to "expect a suspension"....Thats the part that bothers me. I would assume he would handle each individual case without taking itnot consideration the the previous acts of teammates. If he wants to to consider the previous record of the player involved thats fine but don't punish David Krejci because other G.M's are uspset about Lucic or Chara.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    if there is any truth that he said the next bruin should expect a fine...he should be relieved of his duties. that's profiling- and he's lost all objectivity. as far as watching a particuliar team- why not the canucks? in a seven game series i saw a player bite another player, a late hit, a lot of diving. i hope they received the same warning. what a joke.