So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?

2. makes no sense to me at all.  Ference may have gotten away with one - and I'm fine with that - but Paille was suspended as he deserved for his hit, and Chara was not because...aw don't get me started.  I would love for them to put out statistics on the number of times per year every team has an incident like this.  The suspensions themselves you can find on Wikipedia.  The Bruins had two suspensions last year.  That's about average.  The Shabs had one - for a vicious slash - and the Canucks had 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That's just it BookBoy , other teams do it and it's just another hockey play gone bad but when Bruins do it ... the Bruins are at the fore-front of the discussion on what the NHL must change.
    I know winning the cup comes with envy and jealousy but this started even before regular season end last season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?:
    [QUOTE]So typical.  I suspect that tomorrow, y'all will be talking as though you're absolutely sure it was Gillis, simply because a couple of you "figure it's him".  Yep, like you guys know all of the GMs in the NHL, how they talk when they're in discussions amongst themselves, and how they feel about all of the other 29 teams in the league. I read that 2/3 of the NHL GMs felt that Looch should have been suspended.  So first pick out which 20 GMs are on that side, then choose one from that group. Really, do you guys need another reason to hate the Canucks?  There aren't enough already?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

No need to get all emotional . If I had to guess it sounds like him ; Like BookBoy says " Gillis sounds about right because his sound bites during the Cup " .

For the record 2/3 of the GMs saying Lucic deserved a suspension is not entirely correct.  Even Bob McKenzie said that a small majority wanted Lucic to get a game suspension . A small majority does not equate 2/3 of the GMs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this is all a product of the chara/pacioretty incident, thank montreal.  since that hit the bruins were deemed the dirtiest team in the league... like it or not. which is funny, because there was no supplemental discipline- but notice - nhl rinks were reconfigured after this....hmmmm, what was the REAL problem there? seems like it was the stancions themselves, no? thanks montreal, how's that criminal case coming? oh just heard, nothing...what a shocker

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?:
    [QUOTE]2. makes no sense to me at all.  Ference may have gotten away with one - and I'm fine with that - but Paille was suspended as he deserved for his hit, and Chara was not because...aw don't get me started.  I would love for them to put out statistics on the number of times per year every team has an incident like this.  The suspensions themselves you can find on Wikipedia.  The Bruins had two suspensions last year.  That's about average.  The Shabs had one - for a vicious slash - and the Canucks had 3.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

for the Bruins right now they're under the micro-scope and everyone wants to talk about it. A stat like this would show that many other teams have incidents in their closest.
    I just hope all this negative media does not influence the officiating around Bruin games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : Found it myself.  The relevant quotes: " About two-thirds of the GMs leaned toward supplemental discipline for such incidents, according to NHL senior vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell. "
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

And the league cancer rears his ugly mush....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : That's curious, because I've seen it reported that it was only a slight majority.  Where did you get 2/3 from?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I think you're right.  It looks like I misread an item in a report about the GM meetings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : I think you're right.  It looks like I misread an item in a report about the GM meetings.
    seems to me you need to re-read, and re-evaluate a whole lot. remember when you were justifing the finger bite, seems silly now right. take my advice... log off and take a step back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

I would sure love to see the Canucks and Habs miss the playoffs this year. At least THEN those GMs would have something to complain about.

It used to be anything to win in the NHL. Now you have to do it with diving, pushing and shoving after the whistle making sure a ref/linesman is in the area, and complaining in the press if the game doesn't go your way.

Give the crybabies a pacifier and get on with real hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

its god to be feared in the NHL.  Dont we all (those who remember) miss the big bad Bruins of the 70's? Or the Cam Neely, LB bruisers of the 90's?  This is what Bruin hockey is...and the B's shouldnt change a bit.  It's funny how the NHL deemed Looch to have "no intent to harm" and yet the owners keep on complaining anyways....you know what that smells like??  FEAR
    When the bruins were playing physical last year, before Chara's hit....no one had an issue.  This year, before the Bruins scored all those goals and DOMINATED at both ends of the ice....no one complained.  now that the B's have won 6 straight, and done so with scoring and physical play...the rest of the league is worried.  Seriously, who can match up with this team physically?  And now, like a nice cherry on top...Seguin is using defenders left and right, and other GM's are thinking "great, we used to just fear getting beat up...now we fear getting bet up AND getting outscored'...oh its good to be a Bruins fan right now. And I was the first one to rip Claude.......I am starting to come around on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

It's all based on perception - and perception is one thing that cannot be changed. Not by the coach, players, GM etc. If the team has the reputation of being dirty or cheap, then that is how they are viewed. Same with individual players. It doesn't mean the team (in this case the Bruins) deserves the reputation, it is just how they are perceived by others. Don't worry about it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : curious to hear your thoughts on brodeur. the goalies union is a VERY close-knit group. and this is no bum speaking out, only the best possible to ever play the game and a class act. he seems to think (with his 15+ years of nhl experience), that miller bears some responsibility in the hit. but what does this guy know? kudos on marty, for having the cahones and character to speak the truth, instead of caving to the "we gotta stick together" mantra this tightknit brotherhood usually employs. you've got to ask yourself who's interests are being served here. broduer stands NOTHING to gain by making these comments- it actually does exactly the opposite. the whiners in the league realize (after watching the bruins win the cup) they can't compete with the cam neely style big bad bruins, and know there is nothing they can do about it. goaltending and scoring can be hot or cold, team toughness (down to the goalie) shows up every night- keep whining you wear it well 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to read Marty's comments, to be honest.  Particularly given that he was himself involved in an incident which caused the league to re-examine its rules (the Sean Avery stick waving-in-the-face).  I would have thought that a discussion to make the goalie's jobs safer would be something he would be in favour of.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : I was surprised to read Marty's comments, to be honest.  Particularly given that he was himself involved in an incident which caused the league to re-examine its rules (the Sean Avery stick waving-in-the-face).  I would have thought that a discussion to make the goalie's jobs safer would be something he would be in favour of.

or maybe he knows there are risks involved when you play hockey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : or maybe he knows there are risks involved when you play hockey.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

If ANYONE understands the risks of the position, it's Brodeur.  Which is why I was somewhat surprised by this comment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Huge difference between the Avery play and the Lucic collision with Miller - not even remotely similar except that a goalie was involved.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]It's all based on perception - and perception is one thing that cannot be changed. Not by the coach, players, GM etc. If the team has the reputation of being dirty or cheap, then that is how they are viewed. Same with individual players. It doesn't mean the team (in this case the Bruins) deserves the reputation, it is just how they are perceived by others. Don't worry about it!
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

Well said,  for a Lightning fan Wink
    I guess it's the same for you when they say Tampa only knows how to play the 1-3-1. Just a perception. I agree.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So which GM was whining about the Bruins in this weeks GM meeting? : I think he saw "majority" and thought 66%+ and didn't realize "slight" was also mentioned. The pussification/mismanagement of the NHL is among us. MAtt Cook and use his elbow to target a head from the blind side while a bang/bang open ice body check is now all of a sudden deemed as bad or worse as that. Pathetic leadership by Bettman, nice job by Shanahan not to make a poor decision.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I've only heard Kevin Weekes mention the Cooke hit when talkiing about the Lucic play. I chalked it up as an overreaction from a card carrying member of the goaltenders union.

Yes, much how I was passionate about the subject, but that comparison is way off base. Apples and oranges.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

They're idiots.  And jealous. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Could not agree more . If you take the instigator penalty out and allow the players to police themselves a good number of these hits to the head don't happen. To me that is a fact. They have tried to make the games less violent and more appealing to attract new fans when in essence what they've done is make the game more violent.

A player today should be more fearful of a beating from George Parros then a phone call from Brendan Shanahan. If this were the case, IMO less players would be laying on the ice with stars circling their head.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

If we take the instigator out would you all be complaing still about the Walker/Ward incident? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]If we take the instigator out would you all be complaing still about the Walker/Ward incident? 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

About Walker sucker punching Ward? No we're talking about lilegal hits here.