So who gets the dreaded call today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So who gets the dreaded call today?

I has half expecting to see a list of roster moves by now. Half the spares to Providence or otherwise on their way to different camps.  I know Griffith could go back to London - he's eligible and will play a lot more there than he would in Providence.  I'm guessing Robins, Florek, Fallstrom, Lindblad, Camara, and others will be assigned sometime today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: So who gets the dreaded call today?

I think Nick "Sweethands" Johnson has earned at least another game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

I'm lovin' it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would add Downing, Miller and Casto to that list. I dont see how sending Griffith back the OHL would help his development. Cassidy needs to see if Griffith can take the AHL pounding, whether it is 45 games or 65 games.

No ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Almost everyone.  How many spots are open?  3 or 4 maybe?

"Sweethands" is a nice nickname!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Nick "The Proven One" Johnson made the team when he signed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I would add Downing, Miller and Casto to that list. I dont see how sending Griffith back the OHL would help his development. Cassidy needs to see if Griffith can take the AHL pounding, whether it is 45 games or 65 games.

No ?

Agree

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Only ones they will consider upfront are Smith, Fraser, Caron , maybe Spooner and long shot "Sweet Hands" .  The rest all being cut.

On D that's where it gets hard.  I tink only 2 spots open for 3 guys, Krug, Hamilton (how did he play yesterday ? ) and Bartkowski (I think may have outplayed Trotman and Morrow) .  The rest are all going down.

On that note how about the "Young Merlot " ?  so much jibber jabber about him after last night.  A new legend is born ?   Especially since Thornton is 36 years old ! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, SanDog, and Cross, and Spinell and Campbell.  I think they'll get down to brass tacks pretty quickly except for the guys who are in contention for a job or who are playing well enough that management wants to see how far they can take it.  I'm guessing Spooner, Caron, Smith, Fraser are the guys who hang around the longest, with Johnson, Knight and Khochlachev surviving the first cut at least.  On D, it's Krug vs. Bartkowski.  Not hearing any buzz on Morrow, didn't see him play, so I imagine he'll survive the first cut along with Trotman (seems to be the guy who's seizing the day at camp, no?).  That will get them to 9 D and about 17 F pretty quickly, which, in terms of game action, means they can hold Chara out until close to the end of camp, be cautious with Bergeron and Campbell, and spell Iginla, Thornton, Krejci and Lucic.  Probably want Kelly in every chance you get because chemistry with Kelly seems like a deciding factor.

Griffith to junior isn't ideal, but I'm just thinking about where does he play?  The ideal situation would be to put him on a line with Spooner or Camper and see if he can produce at the AHL level. But then...where do you put Knight, Khokhlachev, Cunningham, Camara, Lindblad, and two of Caron, Fraser and Smith?  And that's not considering that Nick Johnson is probably not going to play on the 3rd line in the minors, so you're probably slotting those 7 guys into 3 top six slots.

If they think Griffith is ready and the best bet for his development is to experience the pros, then they'll prove me wrong. But I think that would mean a lot less ice for him, or, worse, for a few other guys who are underachieving.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I didn't see the second game, but in the Habs game most of the team looked like fluff.  The top line, fouth line, Bartowski, Krug and McQuaid obviously looked excellent.  After that, everyone can go except Soderberg, Spooner and Sweethands if you ask me.  They're just not ready/talented enough.  I would maybe give Fraser another game to see if he could think quicker with some confidence, but for me he was just a step behind/panicked and a bit slow.  That one one-timer off the draw was nice though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'd really like to get a chance to see Griffith play.  For me he's an all or nothing kind of player.  A future high-end scorer or bust.  The talk about Smith is good, so he seems like the favorite to play 3rd line RW.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'd really like to get a chance to see Griffith play.  For me he's an all or nothing kind of player.  A future high-end scorer or bust.  The talk about Smith is good, so he seems like the favorite to play 3rd line RW.

I'm a little surprised to hear and see that Smith is playing with more jam than Fraser has been showing so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

BadHab - Are you U gonna let Book talk about Captain Tommy like that ?

So what we've come up with is the next game for Fraser, Smith, Caron and Spooner is big. It is a short quick window for PC to look at.

What if "sweet hands" scores again manana ? Does ge  put himself in the mix ? Will we have to stop joking about him ? 

My take on the differnce between Fraser and Smith is Matt has the quicker, big league shot but Reilly is the better grinder. In Juliens world we know which is more attractive. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So what we've come up with is the next game for Fraser, Smith, Caron and Spooner is big. It is a short quick window for PC to look at.

What if "sweet hands" scores again manana ? Does ge  put himself in the mix ? Will we have to stop joking about him ? 

My take on the differnce between Fraser and Smith is Matt has the quicker, big league shot but Reilly is the better grinder. In Juliens world we know which is more attractive. 

If "sweet hands" scores tomorrow, you might have a top 6 looking over thier shoulder. I wonder if he wears oven mitts like Costanza (NAS) to protect those pups.

Last year we had Fat Lucic, this year it's Sweet Hands Johnson. Beautiful.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

(groan)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Done and Done.  Cut today and reporting to Providence, another cut Friday.

Scott Campbell

Jack Downing

Steven Spinell

Ben Youds

Tyler Randell

Adam Morrison

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Scott Campbell

Jack Downing

Steven Spinell

Ben Youds

Tyler Randell

Adam Morrison

What, no Cross? He was pretty much invisible when he played but that's not a bad thing for a young player. I will love seeing you in your Soderberg and Cross jerseys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Scott Campbell

Jack Downing

Steven Spinell

Ben Youds

Tyler Randell

Adam Morrison

What, noCross? He was pretty much invisible when he played but that's not a bad thing for a young player. I will love seeing you in your Soderberg and Cross jerseys.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm shopping for the Soderberg jersey, but I don't believe I'll have to buy a Cross jersey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I'm a little surprised to hear and see that Smith is playing with more jam than Fraser has been showing so far.

Against Montreal he didn't really stand out with exception of one sequence where he got a pretty good shot in the 2nd I think.  Gord Miller after that shot said that Fraser was part of the mega trade with the Bruins and Stars...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

More cuts expected for today?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

More cuts expected for today?

Yes.  Someone please post when they come out.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, September 20, the following nine players have been released from the Boston Bruins training camp and will join the Providence Bruins training camp:

Anthony Camara

Chris Casto

Tommy Cross  (whaaaaa?!?!?!)

Alex Fallstrom

Rob Flick

Seth Griffith

Alexander Khokhlachev

Jared Knight

Joe Morrow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm disappointed in Camara Knight and Koko.

Sections
Shortcuts