So who gets the dreaded call today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: So who gets the dreaded call today?

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'm disappointed in Camara Knight and Koko.

thought some of those guys would have been sticking around to the end. Oh well, there has been some pleasant suprises.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'm disappointed in Camara Knight and Koko.

Definitely, I was hoping at least one of those three would have at least made it to the last round of cuts. Unrealistic I suppose. Hopefully they all have great years in Providence!

P-Bruins are going to be fun as hell to watch this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cross is the shock to me. Tommy will always be the King of Prospect training camp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So that brings us down to:

21 FORWARDS:  Gregory Campbell, Craig Cunningham, Matt Fraser, Jarome Iginla, Nick Johnson, David Krejci, Milan Lucic, Daniel Paille, Carl Söderberg, Ryan Spooner, Shawn Thornton, Patrice Bergeron, Carter Camper, Jordan Caron, Loui Eriksson, Justin Florek, Chris Kelly, Matt Lindblad, Brad Marchand, Bobby Robins, Reilly Smith

11 DEFENSEMEN: Matt Bartkowski, Zdeno Chara, Torey Krug, Adam McQuaid, Kevan Miller, Zach Trotman, Johnny Boychuk,  Dougie Hamilton, Mike Moore, Dennis Seidenberg, David Warsofsky

4 GOALTENDERS: Chad Johnson,  Malcolm Subban Tuukka Rask, Niklas Svedberg

Leaves about 7 forwards, 4 D, and two keeper left to go. Based on who we know are locks:

10 FORWARDS:  Gregory CampbellJarome Iginla, David Krejci, Milan Lucic, Daniel Paille, Shawn Thornton (Sorry folks I'd like to say he isn't, but I think that'd be a lie)Patrice BergeronLoui Eriksson,  Chris KellyBrad Marchand

4 DEFENSEMEN: Zdeno CharaAdam McQuaidJohnny Boychuk, Dennis Seidenberg (Decided to leave Hamilton out just in case)

1 GOALTENDERS: Tuukka Rask

Based on them carrying a 23 man roster of 14 forwards, 7 D and 2 keepers, that leaves

4 FORWARDS FROM:: Craig CunninghamMatt Fraser, Nick Johnson, Carl Söderberg, Ryan Spooner, Carter Camper, Jordan CaronJustin FlorekMatt Lindblad,  Bobby Robins, Reilly Smith

3 DEFENSEMEN FROM: Matt Bartkowski, Torey Krug, Kevan Miller, Zach Trotman  Dougie Hamilton, Mike MooreDavid Warsofsky

1 GOALIE FROM: Chad Johnson,  Malcolm Subban, Niklas Svedberg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Based on them carrying a 23 man roster of 14 forwards, 7 D and 2 keepers, that leaves

4 FORWARDS FROM:: Craig CunninghamMatt Fraser, Nick Johnson, Carl Söderberg, Ryan Spooner, Carter Camper, Jordan CaronJustin FlorekMatt Lindblad,  Bobby Robins, Reilly Smith

3 DEFENSEMEN FROM: Matt Bartkowski, Torey Krug, Kevan Miller, Zach Trotman  Dougie Hamilton, Mike MooreDavid Warsofsky

1 GOALIE FROM: Chad Johnson,  Malcolm Subban, Niklas Svedberg

I have not seen any preseason games like those above, but I would hard pressed to say Soderberg, Fraser, and Smith don't skate with the team in the next few weeks.  Jordan Caron, yikes, PCs "love child" needs to go Winnipeg.  Spooner is talented but not worthy of third line duty, unless one is thinking Seguin was a winger. 

On defense go with the CJ flow, Hamilton to Krug, to Bartkowski.  All other thought of the other defensemen is relegated to November and a  "Garmin" female Lolita voiced "recaluculation".  CJ is easy to predict. 

As I have said before Svedberg is a JJ cap casualty.  LITR for Savard means Svedberg stays. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Two d-men spots.  Bartkowski and Krug.

Hamilton goes to the AHL or the press box.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If McQuaid keeps playing the way he has he can go play for the Stingrays!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thats going to be one good Providence team. I'm going to have to make a few games this year. I see Svedberg breaking camp as the B's back up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I can't see them carrying 23.  I'd guess 22 tops with one F and one D.

Probably more cuts after tomorrow - guys who get a second game like Florek, Lindblad, Robins.  Camper, Caron and Smith as the survivors.  Moore and Warsofsky on D.  And Subban.

In other words, the only thing that's been answered so far is will there be a nickname out of this camp.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Svedberg is much better than the others. Smith and Spooner have the speed that most teams covet, but CJ is hesitant. Johnson's nose for the goal is better than most, so why continue with Thornton ? In fact there are at least four others who outplay Thornton with a wide margin. It's long past time for Thorny to be retired. Additionally, Campbell did not look up to his own level of play on the PK. Granted, he is recovering, but, putting him on the " injury" list for another month might be the best move, while Spooner, Paille, and Smith provide more of an electric "Champagne" line than what was " Merlot". Still leaves the third line influx with Fraser, Soderberg, Johnson and Caron . Bartkowski should be a lock on D; Hamilton may need more seasoning, but does fit well with Chara;

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And bogie's in with his first dump Thornton post of the year!

Season must be getting close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anyone think Hamilton will not break camp with the Bs ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't make the team but not at all surprised if he doesn't make the opening night top 6.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think there's a snowball's chance Hamilton goes to Providence.  I think there's a 30% chance he ends up on the end of the 7 man rotation, but sending him down seems unlikely unless Bartkowski and Krug are rock solid right up to Christmas.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Thats going to be one good Providence team. I'm going to have to make a few games this year. I see Svedberg breaking camp as the B's back up.

so far he's deserved it.  I think Chad Johnson gets another chance tonight or next game.  Subban for certain is going to the AHL, that was inked before camp started unless Subban was lights out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't think there's a snowball's chance Hamilton goes to Providence.  I think there's a 30% chance he ends up on the end of the 7 man rotation, but sending him down seems unlikely unless Bartkowski and Krug are rock solid right up to Christmas.

Agree. I think Krug is a shoe-in, he came to camp to prove he belogs and has done that.  Bartkowski looks pretty good rushing the puck and he also has done a little more than Hamilton . It's been these two whom will be the 7th D in the press box . That is till McQuaid hurts himself : ) (not wishing any mal-intent)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

And bogie's in with his first dump Thornton post of the year!

Season must be getting close.

I listen to boggie, he's seen Milt Schmidt play. Just joking Boggie

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I still see the D conversation centred around Hamilton, Bartkowski and Krug, but what about Trotman? Maybe not straight out of camp, but he, from what I've seen, hasn't looked hugely out of place and may have earned at least first call up credentials. Does he still have a shot at playing his way onto the team?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Trotman picked a tough time to make a bid.  But you know, I might change my feeling about Hamilton going to Providence because of Trotman.  If they feel that Trotman has earned some time in Boston and Hamilton has been passed by both Krug and Bartkowski then maybe it's Trotman who gets the Boychuk treatment and stays with the big club as the 7th D while Hamilton plays 30 min a night in Providence.

The more I see of Krug, the more I like his chances to be a Bruin for a while.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dc-bruins-fan's comment:

I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't make the team but not at all surprised if he doesn't make the opening night top 6. [/QUOTE]

Agreed!

"Trotman picked a tough time to make a bid."

I am expecting an article to come out were PC sat down n spoke to Trotman, huge difference between last year and this year. He looks poised to finally bust out and if the pair him with Morrow in Providence they will poor some points on!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If you're curious, here's the Black Team, with Söderberg-Kelly-Smith following up their performance vs Detroit ^CS

Looking like Smith might be closing in on the 3rd line spot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I guess today's moves answer whether or not Trotman has moved ahead of Hamilton on anyone's depth chart.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Today's cuts

BOSTON, MA - Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, September 22, the following four players have been released from the Boston Bruins training camp and will join the Providence Bruins training camp: Carter CamperJustin FlorekMalcolm SubbanZach Trotman

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Pretty surprised Moore and Miller outlasted Trotman.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wonder about that too, red.  It means the team is thinking about this differently.  I think it has nothing to do with who's closest to making the team and everything to do with a) decisions already being made and b) coaches and management needing to get a longer look at certain guys to know where they fit in the organization.  Miller's 26 this year, Moore's 28.  Miller's RFA, but Moore is UFA at year end.  Fraser and Smith are new to the organization, so they'll stick around even if neither is the answer at 3rd line winger. Johnson's both new to the org and on a one year deal that sees him a UFA at the end.  They know what they have with the other guys and need some more space and attention for the remaining guys, including Spooner, Caron, and the 3D who are probably the ones really competing to stay in Boston.

I do hope Trotman gets some time eventually, though.

Sections
Shortcuts