So who gets the dreaded call today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: So who gets the dreaded call today?

Im guessing they want Trotman to be a leader in Providence and take in the whole camp. When injuries his I hope he is one of the first to get called up if his play is as good as it has been during camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Im guessing they want Trotman to be a leader in Providence and take in the whole camp. When injuries his I hope he is one of the first to get called up if his play is as good as it has been during camp.

I agree Rufus. They want him playing big minutes in Prov rather than seeing spot duty as a #7 in Boston. I still expect to see him called up at some point this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Pretty surprised Moore and Miller outlasted Trotman.

Especially if you had seen Miller skate and play last year, he's awful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

More cuts expected after tonigh's game

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

@HackswithHaggs: Craig Cunningham, David Warsofsky and Mike Moore released from Bruins training camp following win over Caps #BruinsTalk

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

No big surprises

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So this leaves, in addition to the regulars from last year:

F: Spooner, Caron, Fraser, Smith, Johnson and Lindblad.  (and Soderberg, who I count among the players from last year even though Caron played more games.)  Robins is still technically in Boston because he's injured.

D: Miller, Krug, Bartkowski.

G: Johnson, Svedberg.

Sure looks like it's Smith's job to lose on the 3RW.  OT goal last night was largely a result of his hussle, blocks out the D, makes a nice bank pass to Bartkowski so he can one-time a shot that pinballs to Kelly with an empty net.  I haven't heard boo about Caron in a week or so, and I think it's interesting they had him practising with Spooner at one point. In the spot Johnson had occupied.  The two underlined guys are a surprise.  I'm sticking with the  theory that the coaches have decided they want a longer evaluation, not necessarily because these guys are closer to the NHL (Miller's 26 on a one-year extension; Lindblad signed out of college in the spring and this is his first NHL camp at 23).

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good points Books . You should have Krug penciled in just because he became a regular in the playoffs.  Linblad,  while I know he will start in Prov. looked pretty good.  I could see him replacing Campbell on the 4th line over Spooner in event of Campbell not being able to play.  I don't think Spooner can be effective on a 4th liine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I thought Smith looked good last night... it was my first time watching.  Good speed (very good actually, better than I expected) good skill, good compete.  I can see why he was a (very) successful scorer in college and the AHL.  I don't see how you can't go with him in the lineup.  Spooner can play in the AHL and get ready to take Kelly's spot later on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hope Millers beat up, red face doesn't affect his skating in Providence LoL Do not get PCs thinking on this walking pilon, he is journeyman AHLr at best. 

Spooner is poised, his confidence is through the roof. Johnson n Fraser on Ryans wing should produce some serious points. The Caron expirement part IV continues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think they keep Krug and Bartkowski and carry 7 D.  If they go a month without an injury/suspension, then maybe one of them gets sent down.

As for the forwards, Smith, Spooner and Sweet Hands are the only guys that I have trouble sending down.  All three seem to be kind of seizing the moment, and all three probably deserve a shot with the big club.  Since there isn't room for that, I just hope that they carry 13 forwards and rotate the 13th guy in and out of Thornton's spot as much as possible.  Unlikely, but it would be nice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Boston, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, September 23, the following three transactions: Craig Cunningham and David Warsofsky have been assigned to Providence and Mike Moore will be placed on waivers for the purpose of assignment to Providence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://dnalloheoj.com/Gifs/2013-2014...oal9262013.gif

If I'm Chris Kelly I just got real nervous!

Bottle pop that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"GM Peter Chiarelli said B's will be making cuts to the roster tonight to get down to 23-man team of 13 forwards, 8 D-men, 2 goalies. Chiarelli said they'll be talking with players on the plane tonight heading back to Boston. Announcement can be expected tomorrow (Sat.)

Chiarelli: third line looks how I envisioned it; it's nice to see there's a little bit of chemistry there with Söderberg, Smith & Kells. B's GM stressed that the roster's fluid and what we see on 30th or Oct 1 might be what we see Oct 3 (with having to get cap compliant) ^CS"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wait.  What about Caron?  Oh, that's right. 

Hey, Jay!  What do you think about Jordan Caron's ability as a hockey player?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

To

Too funny.

I am thinking they keep Caron as the spare forward since he would have to clear waivers. This way they can extend his last opportunity before they ship him out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I want to be surprised, I really do.  But there's no way there's movement in the top two lines, and the top 7 D are pretty obvious so the final cuts won't tell us much about the depth chart.  From Chiarelli's comment on the chemistry of the 3rd line, I think Smith has first crack at the job, so what does that leave?  Will Caron/Spooner/Johnson be kept up as the 13th forward? 

Backup goalie.  That's what we'll learn.  Unless you think Spooner's done so well that the chemistry comments don't matter and Chiarelli's looking at trading Kelly.

Are you not entertained?!?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Caron is better than Spooner ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In the role they want him to play-yes. Spooner is better off playing big minutes in Prov than seeing spot duty in the bottom 6. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

CJ and PC (and me) don't share your opinion. Frankly, I'm surprised that you still must not have your TV fixed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In the role they want him to play-yes. Spooner is better off playing big minutes in Prov than seeing spot duty in the bottom 6. [/QUOTE]

I think Spooner could play on the 4th line, he's not a defensive liability. I also don't think there is anything else for Spooner nor Svedberg to do or prove in Providence.

For now i'll go with what Julien wants. I just don't like prospects having to wait for an injury to get called up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]Caron is better than Spooner ?

In the role they want him to play-yes. Spooner is better off playing big minutes in Prov than seeing spot duty in the bottom 6. [/QUOTE]

I think Spooner could play on the 4th line, he's not a defensive liability. I also don't think there is anything else for Spooner nor Svedberg to do or prove in Providence.

For now i'll go with what Julien wants. I just don't like prospects having to wait for an injury to get called up.

[/QUOTE]

My point San is that it's the 13th forward spot we're talking about so I think Spooner is better served to play 1st line minutes in Prov and be the guy who gets the call when a top 6 gets hurt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

CJ and PC (and me) don't share your opinion. Frankly, I'm surprised that you still must not have your TV fixed.

One of those guys kept Chris Bourque on the ice most of last season and the other traded for Daugavins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

One of those guys kept Chris Bourque on the ice most of last season and the other traded for Daugavins.

Daugavins was a waiver wire pick-up. He wasn't traded.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

Daugavins was a waiver wire pick-up. He wasn't traded.

[/QUOTE]

The Florida heat has melted some of his gray  matter.

Sections
Shortcuts