So Who is Everyone Rooting for Now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So Who is Everyone Rooting for Now?

Took me a good 48 hours to get over the loss. Yes, the B's are gone but the quest for the cup remains for 8 teams.

In the East I am going to cheer for the Devils. It would be a nice parting gift for Brodeur (who may retire after the post-season if they win it all) and I think Kovalchuk has a lot to prove and is very motivated.

For the West I am going to go with the Kings. Huge underachievers in the regular season. But with Quick in net and Brown, Richards, Carter et al giving it their all, I think that franchise is finally due to go for a serious run. I like their style.

There are "better" teams out there for sure but these are my personal preferences.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Re: So Who is Everyone Rooting for Now?

The blues really deserve some post season success. So that's my west team. As far as the east nj for my pool but would like to see holtby win some rounds cause as good as he was I don't think the media gave the rest of the caps the credit they deserved. They played the perfect style and lulled the bruins to sleep. If they play that same way they can knock out the rangers. And I hate the flyers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The Kings. It would be great for Hockey East if Quick backbone's a cup run and win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Been touting and pulling for St. Louis since last year. If they stay healthy they will not be stopped by anyone left in the playoffs. Their fans deserve it after having some cheap owners...hmmm maybe that is why I'm pulling for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Nashville, Kings, Coyotes, Blues..... Don't mind any of those 4 winning it. No preference really. If I had to choose a team from the East I'd say the Capitals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBfan67. Show BBfan67's posts

The NHL is hoping for the KINGS, and what the hell so am I.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Totally opposite for me.  It's a question of who I'm rooting against and whoever takes it all at the end, fine.

Really don't like Preds, Rangers, Flyers, Caps and Yotes.

That leaves blues, kings and devils and I'm not crazy about any of them

I would say the odds are that a team that has never won the cup before will take it this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Big fan of the way Nashville has done their best to ice a contending team year in and year out without doing anything stupid with their limited finances. Good fans, too.

And I've been rooting for Barry Trotz ever since his Portland days.

In the East...don't laugh, but I hope Philly takes it. They play with fire and I can respect that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

I'm rooting for Nashville

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Anyone but the Flyers would be fine by me. I'd like Ovy to get it I guess. He's a real good player that I'd like to see on the B's at some point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The Kings. Great goalie who plays in a bit of obscurity in LA. The team is a lot like the Bruins, with the ability to come at opponents with many lines, solid defenseman and a goalie who makes big saves. Their early struggles cloaked the balance they have. Like the B's they do struggle a bit on PP. 

It would be great for the NHL and would do a lot more for hockey in this part of the world that it did when the Ducks won the cup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I won't be able to even watch hockey for a few more days. But I guess I'm hoping for the Flyers because I enjoy their high-energy style, and against the Caps, because that lockdown clutch and grab style was simply awful. I don't want that creeping back into the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Yotes - Blues - Kings then the Preds....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I guess LA and the Blues - been around since 67 without a Cup.
    Next would be Yotes (33 years no cup - heck, 33 years without a second round win), Caps (38 years) and Preds. Be nice to see a team that has never lifted it win it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Lets go Flyers.

Love Hartnell, G, Jagr, Pronger(out), Couterier, Timmonen, Bryz, Simmonds

If JVR comes back thats even more offensive firepower.

Id like to see them slug their way to the cup and have offense win out this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I like the Blues.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I really wanted to see a final Blues-Bruins.  I've been rotting for the Blues since the playoffs startedand will stick for them to go to the final and win it.
    In the East I hate the Rangers more than the Caps and not too fond of the Devils.  That leaves me with Philly to go to the final.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Blues or anyone in the west.

Can't stomach the idea of any of the teams from the megalopolis hoisting the cup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

NASHVILLE

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

First of all it already felt strange watching last night's NYR/Sens Game 7 without a knot in your belly.  Hell of a game though.  I don't have any attachment to any of the remaining teams but to choose one I'd say LA. 

They're a talented, up and coming team with a premier defensive kingpin, a top-quality goaltender, some skilled forwards up front and are in the process of learning how to win much like the Bruins were several years ago.  That they took out Vancouver also doesn't hurt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Probably St. Louis. I want to see a franchise that has:
    Suffered (New York and New Jersey haven't really)
    Has at least a halfway decent hockey fanbase/history (Not LA, Phoenix, Nashville, or Washington....believe me, Washington does NOT)
    Plays a tough game (Not New Jersey)
    I don't hate them (New York, Philly).

This really only leaves St. Louis. I like their style, their fans have been solid and have endured. They deserve it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Anyone but the Rangers

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The Blues will win the Cup....beating the Rangers in the 7th game of the finals....

Sections
Shortcuts