...so who loses at musical chairs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...so who loses at musical chairs?

Good problem to have, 7 DMen. Meszaros looked excellent and just from the minutes he got it's obvious CJ already trusts him. I would assume CJ rotates a new DMan for R&R every night, but who knows? Hamilton out yesterday. I'm wondering who sits on Wednesday? I thought Meszaros would more or less take Bartkowski's place in the lineup. Do you think it was just a maintenance day for Hamilton? I'd imagine everyone gets an extra night off down the stretch to keep them sharp, but if the playoffs start and all are healthy, who is the the man without a chair? Miller? Bart? Hamilton?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: ...so who loses at musical chairs?

In response to seobrien's comment:

Good problem to have, 7 DMen. Meszaros looked excellent and just from the minutes he got it's obvious CJ already trusts him. I would assume CJ rotates a new DMan for R&R every night, but who knows? Hamilton out yesterday. I'm wondering who sits on Wednesday? I thought Meszaros would more or less take Bartkowski's place in the lineup. Do you think it was just a maintenance day for Hamilton? I'd imagine everyone gets an extra night off down the stretch to keep them sharp, but if the playoffs start and all are healthy, who is the the man without a chair? Miller? Bart? Hamilton?

I'm hoping it was a maintenance day, seo. Coming out of the Olympic break, especially in the first two games, Hamilton was one of the very few Bruins who had some juice in his play - particularly offensively.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Do you think it was just a maintenance day for Hamilton ?"

Hope so because I have not seen how Bartkowski has played better than Doogie. (some of the announcers on Center Ice can't pronounce "Dougie").

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think all 3 will have a chair, but until Miller has a bad game he's not sitting. He's a freight train out there! I also think that Krug will sit at some point as well. Potter will get a few games in before the season is over to get acquainted. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I also think that Krug will sit at some point as well."

Freddie Krugger stays put in the playoffs though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think sitting Hamilton just let Julien slot Meszaros in with minimal disruption.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Miller first to sit, Hamilton second, Bartkowski third is my guess.

Krug has earned his spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Miller first to sit, Hamilton second, Bartkowski third is my guess.

Krug has earned his spot.

[/QUOTE]

I might flip Bartkowski and Hamilton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I also think that Krug will sit at some point as well."

Freddie Krugger stays put in the playoffs though.

[/QUOTE]

Unless he turns into a complete moron in his own end. I agree dog. I'm just talking about this last 1/4 run. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No one can complain about Krug's offense, however his defense and size are not as solid as all of the other D men. His goal last nite shows his unique capabilities which can definitely add value on offence, but there are playoff solid teams that can totally disrupt his defensive zone play. Claude now has a strong hand to mix and match according to who the opponent is. I too, thought that Hamilton has been very good since the Olympic break; Bartkowski has logged extra minutes and helped Boychuck; Miller has been a rock, and tough as anyone out there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Don't forget McQuaid - it's 8 D, not 7, when he returns and he should be back before the playoffs.

I hate to say it, but I think it's Hamilton and Miller who sit unless Meszaros struggles.  Miller would likely spell McQuaid if he's not up to speed or struggles or gets hurt; Hamilton would go in for Meszaros or Bartkowsi (Boychuk playing off side). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Right Book, I had totally forgotten about Darth. Maybe a non-factor to the equation as his injury has nagged for so long. I would think Bart sits before Hamilton as they already have Krug to fill the role of speedy, offensive-minded, quick outlet, rush the puck guy. I personally don't see Bartkowski's defensive game being better than Hamiltion's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Great "problem" to have going into the playoffs.

If it's a scheduled day off scenario involved with the dcorps I'm fine with that. 

If it's a "insert who's playing better into the lineup" scenario.......that's even better. Makes the guy in the lineup up his game because if he doesn't ............there's someone there to replace him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I think Miller has taken McQuaid's job. With a 2-year one-way contract I think the Bruins think that too. Who does McQuaid supplant? In my estimation in a 3rd d-pair rotation of Bartkowski, Meszaros, Miller, McQuaid.. it's not Miller. But boy is that a young 3rd pairing :-/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Competition is a wonderful thing...but so is continuity, especially on defense.  McQuaid and Krug was a pretty effective third pairing at the start of the year; Krug's offense has dropped off since McQuaid started missing time.  Chara's Chara; he can play with just about anyone and he makes them better (though it is a load depending on who it is given teams preferring to attack the right side and avoice Cedfano).  That middle pairing...Boychuk and Bartkowski have been alright together, so that probably has a lot to do with Hamilton being first to the suit rack.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Since Meszaros only has one game under his belt, let's take what we know. When McQuaid first went out, we saw a lot of this:

Chara-Boychuk
    Bartkowski-Miller
    Krug-Hamilton

The "shutdown" Chara-Boychuck and then Krug-Hamilton sets got a long look during these weeks, only to see things change more recently since the Olympic break to more balanced pairings:

Chara-Hamilton
    Bartkowski-Boychuk
    Krug-Miller

Personally, I like the balance much better and we've seen this look for a long time now. Meszaros would then pair with Chara and Hamilton slides down with Krug while Miller sits. Nothing against the guy, but it is what it is.

If McQuaid is healthy, he replaces Bartkowski. Easy change there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I also stink some serious "lefty-righty" issues will come up. The only d men I think the bruins are comfortable playing on their off side are chara and seidenberg. Here is my guess at the playoff d pairings. 

Chara-hamilton

meszaros - boychuk

krug - miller/mcquaid

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I also stink some serious "lefty-righty" issues will come up. The only d men I think the bruins are comfortable playing on their off side are chara and seidenberg. Here is my guess at the playoff d pairings. 

Chara-hamilton

meszaros - boychuk

krug - miller/mcquaid

[/QUOTE]

The Bartkowski-Boychuk pairing has been pretty good. I'd prefer that they kept this pairing intact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since Meszaros only has one game under his belt, let's take what we know. When McQuaid first went out, we saw a lot of this:

Chara-Boychuk
    Bartkowski-Miller
    Krug-Hamilton

The "shutdown" Chara-Boychuck and then Krug-Hamilton sets got a long look during these weeks, only to see things change more recently since the Olympic break to more balanced pairings:

Chara-Hamilton
    Bartkowski-Boychuk
    Krug-Miller

Personally, I like the balance much better and we've seen this look for a long time now. Meszaros would then pair with Chara and Hamilton slides down with Krug while Miller sits. Nothing against the guy, but it is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

The question is, does McQuaid automatically get inserted in the lineup when healthy or has he lost his job ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The question is, does McQuaid automatically get inserted in the lineup when healthy or has he lost his job ?

[/QUOTE]

As much as i like McQuaid,if he's out for another 2-3 wks and thats just a guess,i can't realistically see putting him put back into the lineup on the eve of the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

I think you'll see some rotation for rest and to make sure everyone is ready for the playoffs. Not sure we'll see much of McQuaid going forward, I think Miller's play is putting McQuaid's spot in jeopardy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As much as i like McQuaid,if he's out for another 2-3 wks and thats just a guess,i can't realistically see putting him put back into the lineup on the eve of the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Me neither. When/if he comes back healthy he'll be the 1st guy inserted when CJ thinks a change is needed, or an injury happens to one of the other d-men. However this is where I find the Potter pickup rather interesting, because I think that even when McQuaid does come back. Whatever issue he has is one of those "nagging injuries" & he won't be 100% until next season anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Said Julien about the scratch:  "No big reason.  I said eventually we would see Meszaros.  I think Dougie Hamilton has played really good hockey for us.  Offensively he continues to be good.  He's struggled at times defensively.  We're going to pull him back and continue to work with him.  Certainy he's a guy we want in our lineup.  This is a one game situation.  This is an opportunity to see Meszaros.  I'll make a decision after this game for the next."

Can't have a guy struggling defensively in the playoffs.

Chara, Boychuk, Meszaros, Krug, Bartkowski...Miller/McQuaid/Hamilton

(no particular order)                              (in order)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hamilton is 20 years old.  Seguin was 21 in the SCF last year.  Hamilton has made great strides as a big defenseman.  I am not saying he is Pronger, hardly.  Yet, bigger defenseman need time to develop.  I saw Pronger play in his first two years, not overly impressive.  Meszaros is the left side of Chara to be proven wrong.  Hamilton will rise to the ocassion to play with Boychuk imo or be back with Chara.  The third paring depends on the last 19 games imo.  I will remain postive on CJ system to make up for the lack of experience skill on defense.  The forwards will have to be defensive minded.  Meanwhile, the third line will keep the opposing team's defense occupied.  We all know of the the first two lines.  In Rask I must trust.  Short synopsis, my apologizes.  BDC seal of approval, no Bookboy overload (JK).   Go Bs!!!

25. This post has been removed.