...so who loses at musical chairs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: ...so who loses at musical chairs?

No way has Bartkowski been outplaying Miller or Hamilton as of late. But again good problem to have all the 5, 6, 7 etc.  defenseman worked into the lineup, right up until the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

"I also think that Krug will sit at some point as well."

Freddie Krugger stays put in the playoffs though.

Unless he turns into a complete moron in his own end. I agree dog. I'm just talking about this last 1/4 run.

Torey the Hobbit is taller than you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No way has Bartkowski been outplaying Miller or Hamilton as of late. But again good problem to have all the 5, 6, 7 etc.  defenseman worked into the lineup, right up until the playoffs.

just curious. as of now what has bartkowski done on the ice that you disapprove of. I think he's been a very underrated asset. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Fred is dead if he does not learn his defensive game.  Krug I like on the PP.  Otherwise he is functional offense in the mold of Mike Green.  Unless you are Bobby Orr, an offensive defenseman rely heavily on the likes of Bergeron and Eriksson (postional players).  Mercy, Krug should be a number 7 defenseman par power play.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

just curious. as of now what has bartkowski done on the ice that you disapprove of. I think he's been a very underrated asset.

You obviously missed last year when I defended Bartkowski during his first few callups. Some on here were being very impatient. I just said he hasn't outperformed Miller or Hamilton. Nothing to do with how I value him as an asset. Obviously PC has convinced two GMs Bartkowski is of value.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20132014,2,963&lang=en

Jimmy Hayes 2nd goal was awful coverage. Need to stay with your man as a defender.

PS. French judge gives an "8" for the pirouette though.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Bart is +20 7a since Seid went down 26games ago, Boy is +19 2g8a 10pts==that answers 2nd d. bad game against flo isn't be end all/

Bart 1gm 20mins+ b4 , 19since only behond Z and Boy.

Mes/Ham with Z

Kru with Mill/MCQ/POtt  who knows lol

but 2nd pair B AND B

GOAT!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You obviously missed last year when I defended Bartkowski during his first few callups. Some on here were being very impatient. I just said he hasn't outperformed Miller or Hamilton. Nothing to do with how I value him as an asset. Obviously PC has convinced two GMs Bartkowski is of value.

Jimmy Hayes 2nd goal was awful coverage. Need to stay with your man as a defender.

Stay with your man?  You've been watching too much football maybe?  Hayes is pushed off the play and doesn't have the puck.  It's not Bartkowski's job to follow him around.  He cleared his area and kept his eye on the puck.  Boychuk is the goat on this play.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Chara

Krug

Mcquaid

Meszaros

Boychuk

Miller

IF McQuaid can get back 100% - then I would think this is the strongest line up Defensively and the most physical.

Miller has stood out over Bart and Hamilton in his own end. The kid is going for it on every shift - he wants to stay real bad, and it shows. I'm pulling for him.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Stay with your man?  You've been watching too much football maybe?  Hayes is pushed off the play and doesn't have the puck.  It's not Bartkowski's job to follow him around.  He cleared his area and kept his eye on the puck.  Boychuk is the goat on this play.[/QUOTE]

No idea what your talking about, no one pushed Hayes off the the play. Football isn't till fall and hasn't been played since Febuary 2nd. Bartkowski lost him because he did not stay with him. Bartkowski has his head down looking for the puck. If Bartkowski stays with Hayes no goal.

Miller and Hamilton are playing better. Mentioning football and Boychuk doesn't change this.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Stay with your man?  You've been watching too much football maybe?  Hayes is pushed off the play and doesn't have the puck.  It's not Bartkowski's job to follow him around.  He cleared his area and kept his eye on the puck.  Boychuk is the goat on this play.

[/QUOTE]

He's referring to the 2nd goal not the first. I do agree with your take on the first goal regarding Bartkowski.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Regarding the 2nd goal I'm going to have to say in a situation where the puck is around the feet of players around the net you see the goaltender drop with his paddle on the ice. 

Johnson didn't.

He stayed on his feet searching for the puck. A mistake in my opinion, to go along with Bartkowski losing Hayes on the coverage. If he would have dropped it might have been an easy coverup instead of a puck that was left lying between his feet for a puck that got shovelled in.

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

He's referring to the 2nd goal not the first. I do agree with your take on the first goal regarding Bartkowski.

How dumb.  It says right there "second goal" and I totally missed it.  My error.  Thanks Chowda, sorry San.

No worries and I am not saying Bartkowski is terrible, he loses track of the play sometimes. Again great problem to have with this defensman youth movement.

All hail Don Sweeney...he was a College Defenseman by the way.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I'm on my phone so I can't watch that video now, but fromy memory I would say the bruins play a zone. If Hayes was in his zone and was left all alone, I'd say that's an instance of a d man making a mistake, but even chara does that once a month

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

So same D pairings for tonight. Maybe we'll see DH for tomorrow night's game against Phoenix? I wonder if the plan will be to use 7 D across the five back-to-backs left in the schedule?

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins   5m

Julien said it's the same defense corps as it was vs Florida. Hamilton & Potter the healthy scratches on the back end ^CS

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

Since Meszaros only has one game under his belt, let's take what we know. When McQuaid first went out, we saw a lot of this:

Chara-Boychuk
    Bartkowski-Miller
    Krug-Hamilton

The "shutdown" Chara-Boychuck and then Krug-Hamilton sets got a long look during these weeks, only to see things change more recently since the Olympic break to more balanced pairings:

Chara-Hamilton
    Bartkowski-Boychuk
    Krug-Miller

Personally, I like the balance much better and we've seen this look for a long time now. Meszaros would then pair with Chara and Hamilton slides down with Krug while Miller sits. Nothing against the guy, but it is what it is.

If McQuaid is healthy, he replaces Bartkowski. Easy change there.

The question is, does McQuaid automatically get inserted in the lineup when healthy or has he lost his job ?

Thinking Chara, Mez, Boychuk and Bart are your top 4D in no particular order at this point. We seem to use Bart for more crucial times on the ice than Hamilton, Remember Bart has 4 or 5 years on him. Krug and Millar or Mcquaid ( I hope he is back ready for playoffs but I am beginning to doubt his return) are Regular bottom 6. Hamilton will replace Bart or Krug at times. Even Potter will get some time. Not sure we need to think about a rest at this point. Didn't they all just have an Olympic Holliday.

Will be interested to see how they use Mez and how he plays the Zone D down the stretch. If McQuaid comes back he will need time and Millar will sit.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Dougie is going to be out again," Julien said. "I'm going with the same D corps as I had the other night."

No chair for Dougie again. Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised. Very good chance 27 is now the spare DMan on most evenings for the time being. I truly wonder what Julien sees in Bartkowski over Hamilton? My eyes see Hamilton as the better player.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

"Dougie is going to be out again," Julien said. "I'm going with the same D corps as I had the other night."

No chair for Dougie again. Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised. Very good chance 27 is now the spare DMan on most evenings for the time being. I truly wonder what Julien sees in Bartkowski over Hamilton? My eyes see Hamilton as the better player.

I agree completely, and thats not a knock to Bart.  I just think Hamilton is a better player.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to seobrien's comment:

I agree completely, and thats not a knock to Bart.  I just think Hamilton is a better player.

CJ has pointed out that Hamilton's d coverage has been a tiny issue. Maybe he wants to make sure Hamilton gets the message. Bart will be next in line & maybe he sits for a couple. 

It's funny to see people saying that Hamilton this and Bartkowski that while Hamilton sits and Bartkowski plays.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It's funny to see people saying that Hamilton this and Bartkowski that while Hamilton sits and Bartkowski plays.

That is the whole point of this discussion, is it not??...to discuss our observations about the Bruins and particularly who is gonna sit? I'm not regurgitating some reporter's, schpeel nor am I stating that I know more about hockey than Julien. I'm saying that from my vantage point, as someone who has watched the Bruins alot that my opinion is Hamilton is the better player at this point, and to me has certainly been better than Bartkowski recently. To back it up with how I came to that conclusion... I think Hamiltom is better at the point on the power play, has a better shot, can skate just as well as Bartkowski (but because 43 is smaller he looks faster), is bigger, Takes the puck into the offensive zone with more care, is tougher in the corners, and moves better without the puck.

These are just my personal observations and views, nothing more. Doesn't make them right or wrong or in any way funny or stupid to the point of not being worthy of a post.

No one is saying CJ doesn't know what he's doing. I'm just surprised that one of the players I think would/should be in the top 6, may not be.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Funny how? Like a clown? Is that what you're saying?

I personally think Hamilton is a better player.  Again, no knock to Bartkowski, truth be told I think hes been playing very well, its just my opinion that Hamilton plays a better game than him.  Obviously right now Julien feels more comfortable with Bartkowski, he would know better than me.  Does that mean I cant still like Hamilton more and think he deserves to be out there more? Nope.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

Is this just about Chara being more comfortable with Meszaros as a partner? Is Hamilton going to replace Boychuk on the second pairing? I don't think so. Maybe Julien doesn't like a Krug/Hamilton bottom pairing or maybe it's just a few games off for Hamilton

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Matt Bartkowski - 49 games, 0 goals, 13 assists. 

ZERO goals?  You can't score, you can't play.  Put in Hamilton.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seriously, though - he doesn't get many shots, does he?  Not compared to the other D. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts