So Who Played Well Tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

So Who Played Well Tonight?

The play-offs are about making adjustments.  Toronto did it after game 1 and Boston now needs to do it after this game tonight.

Overall Toronto were hungrier than the Bruins tonight.

Who actually played well for the Bruins tonight - just a few.

Seguin

Horton

Maybe Campbell

Guys who need to be much better

Chara - he picked it up in the 3rd but was out of position all night, took stupid penalties and was even outmuscled at times.  He has to be better for Boston to win.

Jagr did nothing.

Kelly has been horrendous since he came back from his injury.  I don't understand why Julien plays him so much.

The whole Boston defense running around like idiots.

Bergeron wasn't bad but he needs to be an impact player not just okay.

Krejci was the best player the other night and was not noticeable tonight.

Lucic was a monster at times but he needs to play every shift that way.

TOO MANY GUYS WATCHING THEIR TEAMMATES CARRYING THE PUCK AND NOT ANTICIPATING REBOUNDS OR SUPPORTING THE PLAY.

JUST LIKE THE BOSTON WIN WAS JUST ONE GAME, SO IS THIS ONE BUT BOSTON LIKE THEY DID ALL REGULAR SEASON AGAIN DID NOT PLAY A 60 MINUTE GAME.  TO ME THAT IS COACHING AND IF THEY GET KNOCKED OFF AGAIN IN THE FIRST ROUND (THIS TIME BY A TEAM THAT HASN'T BEEN IN THE PLAY-OFFS IN 9 YEARS) JULIEN NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: So Who Played Well Tonight?

I'm not sure Hamilton and Pevs made a good enough statement for CJ to keep them in next game... I thought Seguin was out best tonight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

The play-offs are about making adjustments.  Toronto did it after game 1 and Boston now needs to do it after this game tonight.

Seguin

Horton

Maybe Campbell

Chara - he picked it up in the 3rd but was out of position all night, took stupid penalties and was even outmuscled at times.  He has to be better for Boston to win.

Jagr did nothing.

Kelly has been horrendous since he came back from his injury.  I don't understand why Julien plays him so much.

TOO MANY GUYS WATCHING THEIR TEAMMATES CARRYING THE PUCK AND NOT ANTICIPATING REBOUNDS OR SUPPORTING THE PLAY.

JUST LIKE THE BOSTON WIN WAS JUST ONE GAME, SO IS THIS ONE BUT BOSTON LIKE THEY DID ALL REGULAR SEASON AGAIN DID NOT PLAY A 60 MINUTE GAME.  TO ME THAT IS COACHING AND IF THEY GET KNOCKED OFF AGAIN IN THE FIRST ROUND (THIS TIME BY A TEAM THAT HASN'T BEEN IN THE PLAY-OFFS IN 9 YEARS) JULIEN NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

I feel pretty much the same way as you do Hunt although I disagree on Kelly. I think he's been OK.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I feel pretty much the same way as you do Hunt although I disagree on Kelly. I think he's been OK.

He hasn't looked out of place, but he hasn't made any plays either.

And Tuukka needs to step up as well. He didn't make any big or timely saves tonight, which is something the B's are going to need almost every game if they want to win the cup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Seguin

Horton

Maybe Campbell

Jagr did nothing.

How could you leave out Peverly. He was useless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Jagr lazy piece of crap out there,2 of goals while Leafs are rushing down ice,he goes for line change,and takes his sweet f'n time getting off

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Yes I agree Peverly wasn't very good either Stan17. 

Hey Dez I guess I just expect a lot from Kelly because he was so good the year they won the Cup.  Maybe I am being too hard on him but I see him making defensive mistakes he rarely made (not getting pucks out etc) and not chipping in with timely offense here and there like he did in 2011.  He may have been okay but I expect more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

How many times have I said it ?.?   The BRUINS wont win with 2 of the 3 stooges in the line up...

1st game webhad only one playing and we won

Tonight 2 played (pev and thorn) ..we lost 

if CJ benchs PEV next game we will win ...if not ...the Leafs will win again...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

And Tuukka needs to step up as well. He didn't make any big or timely saves tonight, which is something the B's are going to need almost every game if they want to win the cup.

This is a myth.  "Timely saves" are saves that happen when a team wins.  Rask stopped plenty of shots tonight.  The Leafs had plenty of chances that were shut down by Rask's positioning and reflexes.

He failed to stop Kessel.  That was a soft one.  It happens.  Let's not get all buzzword about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They played a really poor game.  No doubt about it.

I actually think Rask played well - it could have been 8 for the leafs.

Jagr is just a liability.  He is one dimensional and that diimension isn't very good.  Not sure why they got him.

But ultimately - Lucic and Bergeron were terrible.  Lucic was no factor at all. 

Bergeron is doing the playoff disappearing trick - which he has perfected.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost"

THAT was an easy decision.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Jagr is just a liability.  He is one dimensional and that diimension isn't very good.  Not sure why they got him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Has Mitchco98 in all of his 483 well thought out posts not referred to Chara as Captain Lurch?

and has he ever posted after a victory?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Chara had a terrible night. Peverley I thought was okay and won several key faceoffs. Bergy and Krejci have to be better, especially Bergy.

4th Line was great. Tuukka was okay. Jagr looked good at times and lost at others, and this is no time to have that inconsistency. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What is it about a loss that brings them out of the woodwork?

Give it a couple of hours before Pauly1 chimes in with his drivel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Seguin

Horton

Maybe Campbell

Jagr did nothing.

You're not wrong.  It used to be that it wouldn't matter who the wingers were, his line would never get burned.  Pevs is better at faceoffs than him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

This is a myth.  "Timely saves" are saves that happen when a team wins.  Rask stopped plenty of shots tonight.  The Leafs had plenty of chances that were shut down by Rask's positioning and reflexes.

He failed to stop Kessel.  That was a soft one.  It happens.  Let's not get all buzzword about it.

The point I was trying to make was that he needs to play better than he did tonight. He didn't exactly inspire confidence in anyone today.

We all know by now that a hot goalie is required to win the Stanley Cup, unless you have the offensive finesse of a Chicago or Detroit from a few years ago. Then you have a chance regardless. The Bruins don't have the capacity to do that. They need Tuukka to play lights out goaltending.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Desperation after not getting Iginla,Bergeron hasn't looked the same since comming back from concussion,wouldn't say he disappears in playoffs do you not remember game seven against Vanc?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Jagr hasn't been the same since he missed a couple games..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

On what evidence do you base this comment?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The demise of Chara has been a huge factor working against the Bruins all year and we saw it here again tonight. And clearly Bergeron has not been the same since returning from his injury. Still plenty of time to win this series folks.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chara had another poor game. Bergeron was not as excellent as he usually is, but factor in that it appears Marchand is playing hurt, but Seguin was cruising with a number of good feeds from Bergie. Jagr has been a misfit all along. He plays his own skate around game, and forget teamwork. This lackof team also effects kelly, and he and Peverly cannot keep covering the Jagr lack of any defense. Hamilton looked a bit shellshocked and hesitant. Claude was right, he's not ready. Claude needs to replace Thornton and Jagr with Daugavins and the Swede, but he won't. The poor coaching decisions, or lack of, will lead this team to the golf course in another week.

Sections
Shortcuts