So Who Played Well Tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: So Who Played Well Tonight?

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

The point I was trying to make was that he needs to play better than he did tonight. He didn't exactly inspire confidence in anyone today.

Who didn't he inspire confidence in?  McQuaid?  Is that why McQuaid got smoked for that goal?  Seguin?  Is that why he took so many shots and didn't score?  Paille?  Is that why he got shut down by Gunnersson on that 2 on 1?

Tell me a direct result you saw of Rask not instilling confidence in the grown men playing professional hockey in front of him because he let in a couple of soft goals.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Reimer outplayed Rask!

On the 1st goal Rask deflects the rebound in front of his own net on the 2nd he wasn't in his net

and on the 3rd and 4th he doesn't cover the bottom of his net.

They won't win with that type of goaltending, but it is only one game

But i am not blaming him only for the loss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Reimer outplayed Rask!

On the 1st goal Rask deflects the rebound in front of his own net on the 2nd he wasn't in his net

and on the 3rd and 4th he doesn't cover the bottom of his net.

They won't win with that type of goaltending, but it is only one game

But i am not blaming him only for the loss

Rask needs to be better but when the team in front of him plays so poorly he falls way down the list when it comes to blame.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Who didn't he inspire confidence in?  McQuaid?  Is that why McQuaid got smoked for that goal?  Seguin?  Is that why he took so many shots and didn't score?  Paille?  Is that why he got shut down by Gunnersson on that 2 on 1?

Tell me a direct result you saw of Rask not instilling confidence in the grown men playing professional hockey in front of him because he let in a couple of soft goals.

I was referring to everyone watching the game, not just his teammates.

I want Rask to convince me that he can carry the B's when they are having an off night. They are going to need that this postseason. All teams do.

Rask needs to play better. The defense needs to play better. Ference returning next game will help with that. The offense needs to bury more of their chances. 

If these all happen, they will win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"He failed to stop Kessel.  That was a soft one."

A breakaway goal is never a "soft goal". The skater, not the goalie, has the advantage in that situation.

Kessel and JVRs goals were prime examples of how the Bruins defenseman have let stretches of games get out of control. Defenensive breakdowns have been happening way too much and last night Reimer didn't let the Bruins off the hook.

Seguin, Horton, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Campbell, Paille and Kerjci played well. Bergeron, Marchand, Chara and Lucic need to play better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I swear that most folks around here prefer they lose so they have something to be miserable about and say "I told you so." Why do you even bother to watch the games? Clearly they don't give you any joy.

Tonight, Toronto really brought a full 60 effort, which is exactly what Boston did game #1. It was an exact reversal of the script. But it's not effort...it's technical. The Bs for some reason kept giving the Leafs the easy long transition pass, which can get mistaken for "speed" as the puck gets pushed up very quickly. Clog the middle and give some hits, like when Kessel basically curled away from entering the zone on the PP because Chara was there, and Game #3 will be a diferent story.

The KHL line looking good. Lucic and Horton are getting to the net, and that's always a good thing. Marchand looks fine. Bergeron seems to be 100% focused on defence, which isn't a bad thing for your Selke nominee to do. I agree that there's very little chemistry with Peverly-Kelly-Jagr and that line could use some shaking.

Rask was fine - several flurries where he stood his ground. The 2 breakway goals were both excellent shots...it happens. Just happened Okposo on Fleury. Those sharp, quick low shots are the absolute worst to defend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The series is tied 1-1.  Remember in 2011 when the B's were down 2-0 vs. Scabs?  Let the series play out and see what they've got.  They can certainly play better and I think they will.  If not then PC needs to make some tough decisions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:Bergeron has a cup winning goal!

They played a really poor game.  No doubt about it.

I actually think Rask played well - it could have been 8 for the leafs.

Jagr is just a liability.  He is one dimensional and that diimension isn't very good.  Not sure why they got him.

But ultimately - Lucic and Bergeron were terrible.  Lucic was no factor at all. 

Bergeron is doing the playoff disappearing trick - which he has perfected.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

The series is tied 1-1.  Remember in 2011 when the B's were down 2-0 vs. Scabs?  Let the series play out and see what they've got.  They can certainly play better and I think they will.  If not then PC needs to make some tough decisions.

Exactly how I feel too Hang. I never expected the Leafs to just give up. I'll wait until it's over before I decide what changes I think PC should make. BTW, Tavares just rifled a shot to tie the game in the 3rd. NYI are for real.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Exactly how I feel too Hang. I never expected the Leafs to just give up. I'll wait until it's over before I decide what changes I think PC should make. BTW, Tavares just rifled a shot to tie the game in the 3rd. NYI are for real.

Yeah dez Uniondale is rocking like it hasn't in a long time.  Great to see.  

The B's should be able to step it up too.  Looking forward to see their response to last night's stinker.  First 10 minutes of the game will be telling I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He hasn't looked out of place, but he hasn't made any plays either.

And Tuukka needs to step up as well. He didn't make any big or timely saves tonight, which is something the B's are going to need almost every game if they want to win the cup.

This is a myth.  "Timely saves" are saves that happen when a team wins.  Rask stopped plenty of shots tonight.  The Leafs had plenty of chances that were shut down by Rask's positioning and reflexes.

He failed to stop Kessel.  That was a soft one.  It happens.  Let's not get all buzzword about it.

This is why I have this guy on my ignore list. to fault Rask in any shape or form for the loss is beyond ridiculous! The guy made 4 in succession, plus stopped  breakaways & a 2 on 1. That's a nights work right there. Yes the Kessel goal was ugly, because along the ice 5hole is ALWAYS bas, but he more than made up for that gaffe. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

This is why I have this guy on my ignore list. to fault Rask in any shape or form for the loss is beyond ridiculous! The guy made 4 in succession, plus stopped  breakaways & a 2 on 1. That's a nights work right there. Yes the Kessel goal was ugly, because along the ice 5hole is ALWAYS bas, but he more than made up for that gaffe. 

1) I did not fault Rask for the loss whatsoever. I suggested that he, along with the rest of the team, did not have their best night- that they need to play better. It happens. When it does, I point it out. That is what a fan should be capable of doing.

2) Is it so wrong of me to point out what I feel needs to be better heading into the next game? So I can't find a fault with the team whatsoever or I am going to be put on ignore? Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this picture?

3) Sure, Rask made some good saves in the last game. He also allowed some opportunities that I thought he could have prevented had he been on top of his game. I expect him to play better next game.

The defense was not stellar. They will remedy that by pairing Seidenberg with Chara again now that Ference is back.

The Bergeron line needs to bury more of its chances. The KHL line can't be the only line consistently scoring. Hopefully that will happen next game. They are due for some more goals.

Peverley still isn't himself. I would give him one more game. If he still doesn't play well, bench him.

That is all. Scrutinize me all you like.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

1) I did not fault Rask for the loss whatsoever. I suggested that he, along with the rest of the team, did not have their best night- that they need to play better. It happens. When it does, I point it out. That is what a fan should be capable of doing.

2) Is it so wrong of me to point out what I feel needs to be better heading into the next game? So I can't find a fault with the team whatsoever or I am going to be put on ignore? Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this picture?

3) Sure, Rask made some good saves in the last game. He also allowed some opportunities that I thought he could have prevented had he been on top of his game. I expect him to play better next game.

The defense was not stellar. They will remedy that by pairing Seidenberg with Chara again now that Ference is back.

The Bergeron line needs to bury more of its chances. The KHL line can't be the only line consistently scoring. Hopefully that will happen next game. They are due for some more goals.

Peverley still isn't himself. I would give him one more game. If he still doesn't play well, bench him.

That is all. Scrutinize me all you like.

Hey your allowed to have an opinion,now some of the Forum god's won't like that,especially if you say anything negative about Bruin's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

They played a really poor game.  No doubt about it.

I actually think Rask played well - it could have been 8 for the leafs.

Jagr is just a liability.  He is one dimensional and that diimension isn't very good.  Not sure why they got him.

But ultimately - Lucic and Bergeron were terrible.  Lucic was no factor at all. 

Bergeron is doing the playoff disappearing trick - which he has perfected.

On what evidence do you base this comment?

The evidence that Lucic and Bergeron didn't play well - did you watch the game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He does.

But last year in 7 games he had zero goals.  This year in two games - zero points.

I like bergeron but the team needs moree production from the guy.  Not sure why this is controversial to notice  his lack of production.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

He does.

But last year in 7 games he had zero goals.  This year in two games - zero points.

I like bergeron but the team needs moree production from the guy.  Not sure why this is controversial to notice  his lack of production.

He was hurt last year,he hasn't done much since comming back from concussion,i think that's why he was so mad in game one when they didn't count the goal he scored,the game was well in hand,but sometimes once you get the first one,they start going in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

He does.

He was hurt last year,he hasn't done much since comming back from concussion,i think that's why he was so mad in game one when they didn't count the goal he scored,the game was well in hand,but sometimes once you get the first one,they start going in.

I hope not for Kessel...hope he starts a new slump.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to kitchener's comment:

He does.

I hope not for Kessel...hope he starts a new slump.

That's for sure!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

He does.

Bergeron typically plays fine in the playoffs. Last year was a down year for the entire team, not just Bergeron. And that doesn't even take into consideration that Bergeron had a severe oblique strain. The two years before that, he was nearly a point per game player in the playoffs. His line also singlehandedly carried the B's through the first round of the playoffs against the Canadiens in their cup-winning year, apart from the series winning goal.

So far this year, Bergeron and his linemates have played great against Toronto. They just need to bury their chances. Once that starts happening, we will see that line put up plenty of goals.

As for Lucic, he has had a disappointing performance in the playoffs for the past couple of years. This year is a make it or break it year for him so to speak. So far, he has delivered. I see no problems with Lucic thus far this year to warrant any negative attention either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

For the longest time now there's been too many of these feel good threads after the Bs lose a game. For example, Bs lose, Seguin manages 8 shots, comes away with nothing and everyone's slapping themselves on the back about what a great game he had. Making excuses and praising failure to the point where we believe we have the best hockey team in the universe? Sounds like what Leaf fans have been doing for over 40 years now. I want the Bs to win. No excuses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Hey your allowed to have an opinion,now some of the Forum god's won't like that,especially if you say anything negative about Bruin's.

You can say anything you want with negativity & have an opinion. But when your opinion & neagativity has no merit (Rask fault for the loss) & Jagr's a bum (basically) expect negativity back. If you can't handle it maybe it's time you need to either grow a pair. Or, maybe Red may have a pair of big boy pants somewhere for you to borrow. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

You can say anything you want with negativity & have an opinion. But when your opinion & neagativity has no merit (Rask fault for the loss) & Jagr's a bum (basically) expect negativity back. If you can't handle it maybe it's time you need to either grow a pair. Or, maybe Red may have a pair of big boy pants somewhere for you to borrow. 

Now I am pretty sure you are mistaking me for someone else. I have not once said anything about Jagr. Don't know where you are getting that from. In fact, Jagr has actually performed beyond my initial expectations of him when he first arrived in Boston.

About Rask, I only said that I thought he could play better. I never stated that he was at fault for the loss. I didn't know there was something wrong with that. Sorry if I offended.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Now I am pretty sure you are mistaking me for someone else. I have not once said anything about Jagr. Don't know where you are getting that from. In fact, Jagr has actually performed beyond my initial expectations of him when he first arrived in Boston.

About Rask, I only said that I thought he could play better. I never stated that he was at fault for the loss. I didn't know there was something wrong with that. Sorry if I offended.

OK...I responded to kitchener about Jagr & put your Rask comment in there, because I'm against that as well. 2 birds with 1 stone. I know JJ hasn't done much for the B's. I honestly expected more, BUT having said this. I have to take a lot into consideration here. The PP still isn't scoring much, but since JJ has been here their PP has looked 100% better. They're at least getting some looks. They already have a pp goal in the play-offs (JJ wasn't on the ice I don't believe) but in 2011' it took them 11 games to get one. They've only played 2 games & are 1 for 4. I don't count that 6 secs as a PP.

Who has JJ played with the most in the post season? Kelly/Pevs/Daug right? So how can anyone be blaming him for no production? These other 2 guys aren't the same guys. Now, it's only been 2 games there's lots of time to come around. JJ has never been a "speed" player. He's a puck possession player & when he has guys with him that can get open, he's shown he can be effective. The 3 guys that's been with JJ in the 2 games; haven't done anything to complement Jagr at all. JJ is a HOF'er. Who's the one that needs to help change their game a little bit to help who? JJ should change the way he plays to accomadate Daugs? I don't think so.. As far as complaining about Jagr skating to the bench slowly? The guy has done that his whole career. 

Now back to Rask. Yes I think Rask should've had that Kessel goal. But, to say he needs to be better? That's a bad choice of words to use. How many times have you seen Rask scramble like a TT & make 4 saves in succession? This is where people judge goalie's wrong. They see one thing, but forget another. He stopped breakaways & odd man rushes. So, where do you want him to be better? Stop everything right? And if he doesn't he needs to be better. Sorry, but I don't buy that. Rask made enough great saves to give the B's a chance to win. That's what his job is. The rest of the team didn't give him a chance to help him give them one. 

Sections
Shortcuts