So why was Tyler benched?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: So why was Tyler benched?

Goes back to PC before preseason even started then during preseason.

He was never giving confidence to the kid and Seg still backed him 100%.

PC said if he makes the team...
    so Seg said if he makes the team...

Seg answered everything in the best way possible, he was signed way later than Hall took less than Hall, if he was selfish like some figure he is then he would have said go blow or show me the money. Yes he gets big money if he hits said bonus's which is highly unlikely in the new NHL.

Orr would be unlikely to play before he was 20 now and it would have been in a reduced role.  I hate the system that puts talented players in Ahl until they learn the D side, it is taking the creativity out of the NHL and we are watching too many boring games.

Rec scored the winning goal and that is great, and I hope for 2 points he does well, the first is it helps the B's and the second is that he has been a strong player all his career and he deserves and has earned his accolades.  The only minus is that he is taking quality minutes away from more talented and far faster players.

This is the time to play Seg b4 the crunch of the playoffs, he needs time to play. This BesS of playing limited mins is just foolish.

Cj is off the wall, March draws a big penalty in 1st period 20 secs into the game and we score 8 secs later. An awesome result but why was March on the ice 20 secs into the game.  He is going to lose respect of the vets very quick starting lesser players when they are not getting the ice.  He has his faves and they continue to get time when they are not the players they need to be.

Seg will be a star in the NHL despite how he is used by the B's just like Joe was.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have a great idea:

They should play him 20 minutes a game on the first line and give him PP1 time also.  When he makes glaring mistakes, as 18 year old kids tend to do, pat him on the back and tell him it's okay.

At the end of the season, if the B's don't win the Cup, have a parade in Boston JUST FOR HIM.  Award him a differently shaped Cup and call it the Seguin Cup.

Then rename the TDGarden the TSGarden and change the name of the team to the Boston Seguins.

The other option:

Don't put the silver spoon in his mouth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Being Canadian, we all know the silver spoon is given to newborns in Alberta

Seg is not from Alberta, and he is not asking for a silver spoon, he is asking for nothing, he is playing when told to and not raising 1 bit of stink like players of past and he will continue to play when asked.  He didn't go home and cry when cut from Team Canada last year, he went home and showed them they made a big mistake and it cost the gold.

I for one believe he will be a star, I also hate to see his talent being wasted in this NHL of lets play D first. Yes  D needs to be covered but lets face it Pit's 6-3 win was more exciting than the B's 4-3 win. I will gladly take the win and the 3rd position in the playoff hunt, but when it comes to playoffs will we be able to make the adjustments that we couldn't over the last 2 years to play from behind.

Give Seg some PP time and see if he can convert and yes throw March with him and maybe his enthusiasm and verve will rub off.

This thread is not a What did Tyler say when he was benched, because he took it like a man even though it was no more warranted than benching half the players all season long that never happened.

He is reacting like the pro he is!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: So why was Tyler benched?:
    [QUOTE]Krejci: 15:29 Even Strength, 3:20 PP time, 2:19 PK time, 1 hit, 1 GV Wheeler: 15:24 Even Strength, 0:32 PP time, 2:52 PK time, 3 Shots, 3 Hits, 1 GV Ryder: 15:27 Even Strength, 3:25 PP time, 0:00 PK time, 1 PPG (leads team with 7)  Trying to point out that these guys didn't play much better than Seguin and still earned more ice time. Lets now look at Seguin's line mates: Bergeron: 12:50 Even Strength, 3:20 PP time, 0:28 PK time, 1 Power Play Assist, 3 shots, 1 TK Recchi: 12:45 Even Strength, 3:04 PP time, 0:08 PK time, 1PPG, 1 Power Play Assist, 3 Shots, 2 Hits, 1 GV Seguin: 10:28 Even Strength, 0:00 PP time, 0:00 PK time    As you can see Seguin's line mates were all taking care of business on the Power Play. Only playing 2 more minutes of even strength time, probably a reward for there performance on the Power Play. Seguin could have earned more ice time by bumping another player off another line, but who? Krejci, Ryder, & Wheeler are playing well together, Campbell, Thornton, & Marchand are playing really well together, and finally Savard and Horton for the most part were benched in the 3rd period. The only players for him to play with were Bergeron & Recchi.
    Posted by captainbergeron[/QUOTE]

Excellent analysis!... disagree with your earlier post on that fact Seguin needs to earn his spot.  He really has not found his game yet, to earn his spot he will have to make mistakes and/or find what he can do best for the team (on ice).  As for Seguin on the PP thought, well if he has effective play 5 on 5 ocassionally he should have shifts on the power play.  CJ did well to bench players last night, the Bs won the game playing uninspired hockey and a better goaltender.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Tyler needs a coach like Grapes -- Learn to play with passion and have the will to stick your head in a buzzsaw for the team or have a nice trip the the minors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So why was Tyler benched? : B-Hab, you're killing me.    You're love affair with Seguin is leading to Rmiller87 quality posts. His development is stunted?  Based on what?  Based on or based on whom? What the heck do you know about developing players?  I know nothing. If a player is playing hard, playing well, and playing right, he never misses a shift.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

(groan).

Lookit, all I know is that I believe I saw his charts progress straight up until about 6 weeks ago and I'm wondering what's going on.  He surprised me with something new every 3 games or so and now no more.

I am disappointed.  I can see he has more potential and I'm not seeing it percolate to the top.

He's been awesome on the shootout except for the last one.

No he doesn't have to get 20 mins a night, he doesn't have to be on the 1st pp unit, but I'd like to see him get rewarded some.

Never mind just Tyler himself, I'm thinking about the team.  It would be good to have another polished guy on the PP.  I think he could replace Ryder right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Doesn't Ryder have 7 PP goals? Why replace him on PP?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So why was Tyler benched? : (groan). Lookit, all I know is that I believe I saw his charts progress straight up until about 6 weeks ago and I'm wondering what's going on.  He surprised me with something new every 3 games or so and now no more. I am disappointed.  I can see he has more potential and I'm not seeing it percolate to the top. He's been awesome on the shootout except for the last one. No he doesn't have to get 20 mins a night, he doesn't have to be on the 1st pp unit, but I'd like to see him get rewarded some. Never mind just Tyler himself, I'm thinking about the team.  It would be good to have another polished guy on the PP.  I think he could replace Ryder right now.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's not the coaching staff.  Maybe it's Seguin that is the problem.  Maybe he's been playing poorly because he's been playing poorly. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't Ryder have 7 PP goals? Why replace him on PP?
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

That stat is deceiving as most of those PP goals have been on scrambles and not the set plays, I believe any capable forward could have gotten those.

On the PP vs. the Habs he coughed up the puck on a PP really bad, he basically had the puck taken away from him, that is a rare thing to happen on an NHL PP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So why was Tyler benched? : Maybe it's not the coaching staff.  Maybe it's Seguin that is the problem.  Maybe he's been playing poorly because he's been playing poorly. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Could be, but it doesn't make me any less frustrated.

From the work ethic I've seen I have a hard time accepting it is him alone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Badhad, are you serious?

Your just coming off as a ryder hater now, he leads the team in PP goals, and his last 2 in the very least have been great pp goals, and really have been one man efforts..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I'm going to have to agree with rolerhoky19 here BadHab. Your dislike of Ryder is really starting to show. Ryder has brought his game to another level and is starting o pull his own weight. He still may not be worth what he is getting paid, but his compete level has improved which is more than I expected from him this year. He is earning his PP time by scoring goals, even if that means he has to do it all himself. That PPG that Kampfer assisted on was a thing of beauty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So why was Tyler benched? : (groan). Lookit, all I know is that I believe I saw his charts progress straight up until about 6 weeks ago and I'm wondering what's going on.  He surprised me with something new every 3 games or so and now no more. I am disappointed.  I can see he has more potential and I'm not seeing it percolate to the top. He's been awesome on the shootout except for the last one. No he doesn't have to get 20 mins a night, he doesn't have to be on the 1st pp unit, but I'd like to see him get rewarded some. Never mind just Tyler himself, I'm thinking about the team.  It would be good to have another polished guy on the PP.  I think he could replace Ryder right now.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    A player can't deke every time in a shootout(especially when you fire the biscuit like Seguin).I think you're reading too much into his not scoring on that one attempt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

What Seguin's going through, especially of late, is nothing more than standard stuff in development of most high draft picks who make the big club in their first year.  When I say "most", I'm referring to rookies who either aren't immediate stars or rookies such as Seguin who play on good clubs that don't have to play them a lot in order to win. 

In other words, this topic is much ado about nothing IMHO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Badhad, are you serious? Your just coming off as a ryder hater now, he leads the team in PP goals, and his last 2 in the very least have been great pp goals, and really have been one man efforts..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Ryder:  I'm fair minded, I thought Ryder played well last game.  I wish he would bring that every game.