So you like the shootout? Check this out...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So you like the shootout? Check this out...

London v. Mississauga - 19 round shootout.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/63476

Notable in part because the first and last goals of the shootout came from Bruin pick Seth Griffith.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: So you like the shootout? Check this out...

The shootout is pure misery.  4 on 4 for five minutes, then drop it down to three on three.  After five of that, mark it a tie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Like the shootout ? Yes, pure entertainment. This was my game to watch yesterday but missed it due to being on injured reserve. Darn !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Not a fan of shootouts.  The length of that shootout proves my argument, it does not save time.  Yet, like the DH in the MLB American League it will never go away.  Attending game fans like it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They're always beefing about lack of scoring.

How about no sudden death and empty nets for 5 minutes and whoever has the most goals wins.  An no face off at center after goals, the other guys have to clear the blue line and you fish the puck out of the net and continue playing.

Just like basketball.

Oh what the hell, make it basketball, take the nets out and wheel in some hoops and have them all take their gloves off.

Chara will be the first Wayne G (or Kareem Adbul Jabbar) of the new sudden death basketball NHL.

Or have the enforcers go at it at center ice and however lands the most blows wins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a fan of shootouts.  The length of that shootout proves my argument, it does not save time.  Yet, like the DH in the MLB American League it will never go away.  Attending game fans like it.  

[/QUOTE]

19 round shootout's are a rarity. They take longer. Most don't.

And regarding the DH ? Having to watch some pitchers hit is comparable to isla and chowda stepping on the ice to play hockey with NHL players. Downright embarassing to watch ! Have all of MLB adopt the DH.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I Like the shoot-out, but I partially agree with NAS I think there should be 5min of 4 on 4 then 5 of a 3 on 3; then a shoot-out. As someone who doesn't go to a lot of games, but depending on the B's schedule I go to anywhere from 1-5. I think having a tie is wrong. You pay far too much money to see a tie. You deserve to see a winner & a loser. Hell, I'd rather see a 2 on 2 and a 1 on 1 before a tie. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/show/type/top_scorers

Griffith has not cooled off either, still at the top of the OHL scoring. So possibly in a few years the Bruins will have more than one player that can score during the shootout.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The shootout is pure misery.  4 on 4 for five minutes, then drop it down to three on three.  After five of that, mark it a tie.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.  It can be entertaining, like any sideshow, but it isn't hockey.  Reducing a complex team game down to a very specialized skills competitions between a few individuals irks me.  Let em' play hockey.  I hate ties too.  Go down to 3 on 3 if you must have an winner.  At least that's still hockey. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Being old school, I didn't like frigging with tradition at all in the first place.  Now, I enjoy both.  Jury is still out on 1 point for a reg tie though.

I like the 3 on 3 idea, that could really change the make up of many rosters, as it might impact 10-15points in the standings.

Really want to see a winner though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

4 on 4 and take the goalie's stick away from him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 on 4 and take the goalie's stick away from him.

[/QUOTE]

..........then minute by minute, gloves.....mask .....pads.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

4 on 4 for 5 minutes..... no scoring.... go to a college football-like format where each teams alternate PP's (doing complete rounds of course- equal chances). after so many (two a piece?), it is then declared a tie. just an idea, and not one i've ever read on here, so what ya think b's fans?   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There's one good thing that resulted from the shootout and that was that some real attention was finally paid to stickhandling 1 on 1 v. the goalie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd actually take 37 rounds of shoot out over the "strike over" thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's one good thing that resulted from the shootout and that was that some real attention was finally paid to stickhandling 1 on 1 v. the goalie.

[/QUOTE]

That's one. Another is having a winner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I hate the shootout. The Black Friday game against Detroit is a good example. Bruins outplay the Wings for the majority of the game, and instead of ending with a tie the Wings get 2 points and the Bruins get one because they completely stop the momentum and flow of the game to have a skills competition. It's BS, needs to go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate the shootout. The Black Friday game against Detroit is a good example. Bruins outplay the Wings for the majority of the game, and instead of ending with a tie the Wings get 2 points and the Bruins get one because they completely stop the momentum and flow of the game to have a skills competition. It's BS, needs to go.

[/QUOTE]

Not winning a game when you've outplayed the other team ? 

This doesn't happen in regulation or losing in OT ? 

And the flow of the game stops ? A shootout has nothing to do with stopping the momentum and flow of the game because...........time has expired.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And the flow of the game stops ? A shootout has nothing to do with stopping the momentum and flow of the game because...........time has expired.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The shootout has nothing to do with the flow or momentum of the game, therefore it should be eliminated imo.

One team getting an extra point because they are better at something that should only be done in an all-star competition is strange.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The shootout has nothing to do with the flow or momentum of the game, therefore it should be eliminated imo.

One team getting an extra point because they are better at something that should only be done in an all-star competition is strange.

[/QUOTE]

Having nothing to do with the flow of the game and stopping it are two seperate things. Penalty shots are part of the game. Shootouts are the same thing with a different name.

I see your point although I don't agree with it because the game clock has expired. This adds to the entertainment which tie games never gave us before they brought it in.

Keep the shootouts so the boring result of a tie never reappears again. 

Sections
Shortcuts