Soderberg - First Line?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Soderberg - First Line?

The player Im really looking forward to again this year is Soderberg. Someone help me with this. Could he be a possible fit in Iginla's position on the first line? He impressed the heck out of me last year and brought it to another level. I definitely would rather see him on the top line if possible, over the likes of Loui.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Soderberg - First Line?

He seemed to thrive in the second half of the season at center. At wing...not so much. Then there is the eye thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

He seemed to thrive in the second half of the season at center. At wing...not so much. Then there is the eye thing.

Ya, I was just throwing it out as an option and was wondering what others would think. Seguin was able to fill in on wing, even though it wasnt his preferred position. Soderberg did not impress me one bit, when they introduced him in the playoffs 2 years ago. But after a full preseason and season, he is coming into his own. I like this kid.....Alot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He's got vision issues that would make playing RW dangerous.  He is also clearly more comfortable as a C than a W.  It's not a bad idea in theory, but I don't think it would seem as good in practice.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No worries. Book is right, if it weren't for the "eye thing" it might have been a possible option.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

When you look at the LA team you see them deep in center.  I like that our 4 centers can all play.  I think we may sign someone that plays RW to go on his line to a cheap one year make good contract while Loui goes up.  My call is Setoguchi on a Mason Raymond type deal.  

Soder is a big part of the club next year 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I like Sods at center also, hes got krecji like skills and would love to see a pair of decent wingers with him. that 3rd line could be the difference maker this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Soderberg and Lucic

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So where going back to the eye thing then ?

Never saw how it affected his game at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I was thinking of trying to move him up off the third line and getting more out of him. He's definitely not a third line center, but with Krecji and Bergy in there he has no chance unless one goes down or he moves to wing. Its crazy how an eye thing can affect playing a position that much. He still has to skate in a prone position every shift, no matter what position he is playing. I get it may put him more at a disadvantage on the right side. Its a shame.

Ah, it escapes me, who was the defender that was blind in one eye. Bryan Berard. thats it. Anyway, he adjusted and played with it for a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

I can see him on the first line. I think he'd be a big physical force if not for the eye issue. He'd be good for 40 on the first line.

I also think that his goals need a catch-phrase. Imagine when he scores Jack Edwards saying "And Price has been "Soder-mized"!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Good for 40? Pump the brakes a bit there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He looked very impressive at times, but he's better as a center.  Also, on the third line he faces weaker opposition.  He may not do as well at both ends playing tougher players.  He is slick on the PP though...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:

I can see him on the first line. I think he'd be a big physical force if not for the eye issue. He'd be good for 40 on the first line.

I also think that his goals need a catch-phrase. Imagine when he scores Jack Edwards saying "And Price has been "Soder-mized"!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You are saying 40 goals? Right?

Thats just ridiculous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

He looked very impressive at times, but he's better as a center.  Also, on the third line he faces weaker opposition.  He may not do as well at both ends playing tougher players.  He is slick on the PP though...

But increasing his icetime by moving him to the first line would result in more production, no?

Just bustin your chops OC :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

His best position is clearly at center, he should be left there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He'll be the third line center. Need to find him a right winger.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

He'll be the third line center. Need to find him a right winger.

Other than shedding Kelly's salary for deadline moves, getting Soderberg a right-handed shot should be PCs only other item to fill on his off-season shopping list.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He did well between Lucic and Iginla when he filled in for a shift after DK had been killing a penalty.  He would be a great backup plan if Krejci gets hurt, and he's contingency plan 1 should DK give PC reason to think he's going to test the waters next summer.

Berard was surprising when he came back as One-Eyed Jack.  Had his best season points-wise with the Blue Jackets - 47 points in 58 games, which is 66 in a full season.  Of course, he just kept his bad eye on the defensive zone and no one could tell the difference....

Are you not entertained?!?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Too bad he wasn't that productive as a Bruin.

By the way, those numbers are when he was a Hawk not a Jacket:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Berard

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

But increasing his icetime by moving him to the first line would result in more production, no?

Just bustin your chops OC :)

lol.  Yup, it probably would! But it might not be better for the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Then if that's true then after this season his best option would be to find another team where he can be a 1st or 2nd line center. He's better than a 3rd liner and If he has another good season there should be plenty of teams willing to pony up some big dough for him as an UFA..   If he hits that 40 goal prediction the Bruins could never afford him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agree with that. He adds production on the third line which is needed for scoring depth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Too bad he wasn't that productive as a Bruin.

By the way, those numbers are when he was a Hawk not a Jacket:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Berard" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Berard

Evidence of my advancing age.  Where's bogie these days?  That guy made me feel young.

[object HTMLDivElement]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Then if that's true then after this season his best option would be to find another team where he can be a 1st or 2nd line center. He's better than a 3rd liner and If he has another good season there should be plenty of teams willing to pony up some big dough for him as an UFA..   If he hits that 40 goal prediction the Bruins could never afford him. 

Let's see him hit 20 first. He's a real good third line center and I hope he gets extended as such

Sections
Shortcuts