SODERBERG HAS STONES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

SODERBERG HAS STONES

MR> Soderberg has told the Swedish hockey where to stick it and wants to play for the Bruins now. In this fans opinion he is just what the Bruins ordered and need for the up coming playoffs.

This man wants to play and will not allow anything to stop him.  This is the type of player the Bruins need going into the playoffs. GO CARL we need your hype. Be here ASAP, GO SODER.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Re: SODERBERG HAS STONES

I applaud the kid for sticking to his guns. the fact that he has agreed to a three year deal, tells me that he is genuinely wanting to be apart of the Bruins.
    Right now the team looks a little gassed, and could use some fresh legs on the wing.
    Go Carl!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I don't see how a guy whose never played 1 NHL game, whose  pro resume consists of a tour in a highly skilled gentlemans league,  on a different sized ice surface.......is gonna be much help "short term".

The NHL is the best, meanest league on the planet, and that mean factor increases expotentially when the playoffs begin.

If he does play, I  can't see Soderbergs "real" contribution coming close to any of the Black Aces, let alone anybody currently holding a roster position.

Nothing against the guy, but Geez folks....consider the odds.  Unless he's the next Gretzky(which he's not), expectation should be almost zero.  Even if he's "can't miss", he's going to need at least a year to develop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

I don't see how a guy whose never played 1 NHL game, whose  pro resume consists of a tour in a highly skilled gentlemans league,  on a different sized ice surface.......is gonna be much help "short term".

The NHL is the best, meanest league on the planet, and that mean factor increases expotentially when the playoffs begin.

If he does play, I  can't see Soderbergs "real" contribution coming close to any of the Black Aces, let alone anybody currently holding a roster position.

Nothing against the guy, but Geez folks....consider the odds.  Unless he's the next Gretzky(which he's not), expectation should be almost zero.  Even if he's "can't miss", he's going to need at least a year to develop.

my expectations are low with a high level of curiousity.  I hope he finds a wy to come over this year.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

my expectations are low with a high level of curiousity.  I hope he finds a wy to come over this year.   

Great way of saying it shupe, I align with that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The NHL is the best, meanest league on the planet, and that mean factor increases expotentially when the playoffs begin.

If he does play, I  can't see Soderbergs "real" contribution coming close to any of the Black Aces, let alone anybody currently holding a roster position."

Thanks Don Cherry but Soderberg has a mean streak. You obviously don't know this becuase if you had watched any of his games you would have this knowledge.

Now those black aces you speak of, which ones ? Whitfield ? Hansen ? Tardif ? All life long AHLrs. You think Julien is going to throw prized prospects Knight, Spooner or KoKo into a playoff  game ? Have you been watching Julien's coaching style and acumen the last few years ?

Dave Poulin could lace up his skates and play better then Pandolfo, Daugvins, Peverley, Kelly or Caron right now. Thanks for taking us back to 1994 with your Coaches Corner speech!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

He will make 100K less than the clown.

The new act will be the Yeti and the dancing clown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"The NHL is the best, meanest league on the planet, and that mean factor increases expotentially when the playoffs begin.

If he does play, I  can't see Soderbergs "real" contribution coming close to any of the Black Aces, let alone anybody currently holding a roster position."

Thanks Don Cherry but Soderberg has a mean streak. You obviously don't know this becuase if you had watched any of his games you would have this knowledge.

Now those black aces you speak of, which ones ? Whitfield ? Hansen ? Tardif ? All life long AHLrs. You think Julien is going to throw prized prospects Knight, Spooner or KoKo into a playoff  game ? Have you been watching Julien's coaching style and acumen the last few years ?

Dave Poulin could lace up his skates and play better then Pandolfo, Daugvins, Peverley, Kelly or Caron right now. Thanks for taking us back to 1994 with your Coaches Corner speech!

Dirtiest player in the league.  Suspend him for life!   

Sally. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Long live staged fights so clowns can start threads like "who is going fight whom in tonights game". Maybe one day Raffi can right a book with Dave Shultz against violence after he retires ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Long live staged fights so clowns can start threads like "who is going fight whom in tonights game". Maybe one day Raffi can right a book with Dave Shultz against violence after he retires ?

Bet you wear a helmet when you go outside.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Only if Torres or Cooke is in the neighborhood or another one of your heroes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Datsyuk?   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'll gladly do the Don Cherry, as long as you're content being Dumbo the Clown.  And the way you're speaking....you weren't even born in 1994.

This "mean streak" you're bringing up...how does that translate to the NHL.  You've watched enough "of his games" to "have this knowledge".

Enlighten us.

Please point out where I've suggested Julien will play any "prized prospects".   Yes I have been watching Juliens coaching style, and again, please point out how that has anything to do with what I said above.

Looks kind of like Redden will be playing the part of a Black Ace.  Maybe that has escaped you when attempting to impress with your ability to "list".

Finally, the Dave Poulin analogy suggests your own closet Don Cherry delivery.

Time to take your meds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And since when did i ever like cooke.  More lies from san dawgy dawg.  Happy saturday.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This "mean streak" you're bringing up...how does that translate to the NHL.  You've watched enough "of his games" to "have this knowledge".

Enlighten us.

You have not watched any of Sodeberg's to know what he can or can't do. And your idiotic dance around my answer isn't going to make me second guess Chiarelli's europeans scouts birdbrain! You've been enlightened!

Please point out where I've suggested Julien will play any "prized prospects".   Yes I have been watching Juliens coaching style, and again, please point out how that has anything to do with what I said above.

"I  can't see Soderbergs "real" contribution coming close to any of the Black Aces, let alone anybody currently holding a roster position."

Black aces aren't on the Bruins current roster DOPE! They have to called up from the minors.

Looks kind of like Redden will be playing the part of a Black Ace.  Maybe that has escaped you when attempting to impress with your ability to "list".

Wayne Redden is on the current roster therefore he is not  Black Ace DIPSTICK!

Thanks for not playing along or paying attention and verifying that you know nothing about scouting, the black aces, how the 3rd line is playing right now or if Wayne Redden is on the current.

WingNut!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Datsyuk?   

Goezzintite!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Sounds like a Big Bad Bruin to me... even if he can't deliver much on the ice, maybe he can at least restore an identity to this team (and I think John Scott beat that identity out of Thornton and the rest of this team back in January.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Wayne Redden has aged since his Ottawa days.

https://www.facebook.com/wayne.redden

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You think Julien is going to throw prized prospects Knight, Spooner or KoKo into a playoff  game ?

------- 

I'm thinking this is more of an organiztional philosophy then what Julien does. Develop them first before throwing them into a situation where they'll not succeed. 

If they're not ready, why rush them ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

LOL @ "Black Aces".

Each year it's a story.  When was the last time anyone from Providence was called up for the playoffs and accomplished anything?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

LOL @ "Black Aces".

Each year it's a story.  When was the last time anyone from Providence was called up for the playoffs and accomplished anything?

Now that's an Urbain myth !  although they were all on the ice hositing the cup last getting pictures with it. Caron has the biggest album of pics (ya know with that large family) and not having his name on it.  LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

After hearing his name mentioned each year I'll be interested in seeing what kind of game he's got and if he was worth the wait.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Now that's an Urbain myth !  although they were all on the ice hositing the cup last getting pictures with it. Caron has the biggest album of pics (ya know with that large family) and not having his name on it.  LOL

I'm surprised Caron made it down for the pictures.  The people who sat two pews behind him in church needed to be hugged and kissed before he took the ice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Enlighten us.

You have not watched any of Sodeberg's to know what he can or can't do. And your idiotic dance around my answer isn't going to make me second guess Chiarelli's europeans scouts birdbrain! You've been enlightened!

"I  can't see Soderbergs "real" contribution coming close to any of the Black Aces, let alone anybody currently holding a roster position."

Black aces aren't on the Bruins current roster DOPE! They have to called up from the minors.

Wayne Redden is on the current roster therefore he is not  Black Ace DIPSTICK!

Thanks for not playing along or paying attention and verifying that you know nothing about scouting, the black aces, how the 3rd line is playing right now or if Wayne Redden is on the current.

WingNut!

Along with a plethora of other assorted social disabilities, appears you find reading to be a real challenge too.  Guess one shouldn't be surprised you have such difficulties with the ability to comprehend basic, straightfoward conversation.

Starting from the top...you gave no answer, so I didn't dance around yours.  When you get back to school on Monday, your kindergarten teacher will explain that you're the one dancing around(and doing a below average job for a 5 year old.)  If you have the ability to focus that long, AGAIN, please explain why you feel so threatened when someone suggests a guy with zero NHL experience will probably have little to no impact in the playoffs.

#2.  You continue to embarass yourself by blindly introducing information that drives home not only your inability to process meaningless hockey trivia, but your more prevalent personality issues.  Black Aces are generally considered to be those looking for a spot on the roster, who normally aren't there.  Eddie Shore first coined the phrase as a descriptor of those who didn't have a regular spot on his team, but were looking to get in any way they could.  You probably don't have the faculties to process this either, but those on Eddie's team, and those looking to be on Eddie's team, were ALL in the minors.

Who are the Black Aces? You may have heard hockey commentators like Barry Melrose, Don Cherry, Mickey Redmond and others mention the importance of the Black Aces to a hockey team. They are the extra players all teams carry to fill in for injuries, demotions, etc. They have to be ready at a moments notice to jump into the lineup and perform well, hoping to impress the coaching staff enough to stay in the starting lineup. The Black Aces practice and workout amongst themselves. During games they can be found in the locker room on an exercise bike watching the game on a TV monitor. 

Most adults don't prefer to wage war on something so insignificant, so please have your older sister explain things before you put your foot in it again.  If Redden doesn't get any icetime prior to the playoffs, most sensible,rational hockey people get the comment..."Reddon will be playing the part off a Black Ace".  As long as your sister is over 7, she can probably help you out on this.

Finally, WTFF, does the 3rd line have to do with anything I've written.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

You think Julien is going to throw prized prospects Knight, Spooner or KoKo into a playoff  game ?

------- 

I'm thinking this is more of an organiztional philosophy then what Julien does. Develop them first before throwing them into a situation where they'll not succeed. 

If they're not ready, why rush them ?

Why rush them when Jullien has Pandolfo, Caron, Daugvins and Black Ace Redden ? Wink

No I agree that is the last place I would expect to see them. Stop being so logical jerk!

PS. Forgotten if you answered this question or not- Should it have been Whitfield or Marchand for the 2010 playoff series vs. Philly ?

Sections
Shortcuts