SODERBERG HAS STONES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: SODERBERG HAS STONES

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Why rush them when Jullien has Pandolfo, Caron, Daugvins and Black Ace Redden ? Wink

No I agree that is the last place I would expect to see them. Stop being so logical jerk!

PS. Forgotten if you answered this question or not- Should it have been Whitfield or Marchand for the 2010 playoff series vs. Philly ?

Marchand had 1 assist in 20 games that year. Was he ready ? There was nothing suggesting he was. Those 20 games were a good indicator of that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Marchand had 1 assist in 20 games that year. Was he ready ? There was nothing suggesting he was. Those 20 games were a good indicator of that.

There will always be a job in the NHL for muckers thank goodness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I agree, whether you like it or not. Dan Paille also agrees.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

If he can bring energy to the third line, and pop in the odd goal, I'm all for it.

If he can contribute 20 goals next year, Awesome!

who knows?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

MR> Soderberg has told the Swedish hockey where to stick it and wants to play for the Bruins now. In this fans opinion he is just what the Bruins ordered and need for the up coming playoffs.

This man wants to play and will not allow anything to stop him.  This is the type of player the Bruins need going into the playoffs. GO CARL we need your hype. Be here ASAP, GO SODER.

I think some are missing the OP's point.

SODERBERG HAS STONES

Does this suggest he's Gretzky's second coming or Espo's secret illegitimate child from Sweden?

No, it's all about Carl telling his country's hockey federation that he does not give a flying knäckebröd about their WC (world cup or water closet, whatever that may stand for).

I think some guys on the Bruins roster (#17 comes to mind) could definitely use some of Carl's attitude. At least the Yeti could provide a breath of fresh air.

BTW: According to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/9168579/swede-carl-soderberg-signs-three-year-deal-boston-bruins), Söderberg will join the Bruins on Wednesday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Adjustment questions?

Does anyone know any Swedish players that played in Yeti's league for 2 or more years and then came over to the NHL?  I'd be curious as to what their stats are and who they are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

In response to brunod's comment:

MR> Soderberg has told the Swedish hockey where to stick it and wants to play for the Bruins now. In this fans opinion he is just what the Bruins ordered and need for the up coming playoffs.

This man wants to play and will not allow anything to stop him.  This is the type of player the Bruins need going into the playoffs. GO CARL we need your hype. Be here ASAP, GO SODER.

I think some are missing the OP's point.

SODERBERG HAS STONES

Does this suggest he's Gretzky's second coming or Espo's secret illegitimate child from Sweden?

No, it's all about Carl telling his country's hockey federation that he does not give a flying knäckebröd about their WC (world cup or water closet, whatever that may stand for).

I think some guys on the Bruins roster (#17 comes to mind) could definitely use some of Carl's attitude. At least the Yeti could provide a breath of fresh air.

BTW: According to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/9168579/swede-carl-soderberg-signs-three-year-deal-boston-bruins), Söderberg will join the Bruins on Wednesday.

I think the amount of press he's getting here, suggests many think he's going to be a significant piece right out of the gate.  Guys who have never played 1 game of North American professional hockey virtually never are.  Assuming otherwise is setting oneself up for disappointment, plus it puts undue expectation on the player, thwarting development.

As far as Carls "attitude", or "stones"...those are the same attributes that have flipped the Bruins off more than once in the past.  I see nothing there that isn't posessed by most "me first" athlete's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree, whether you like it or not. Dan Paille also agrees.

Lotsa grind in that pasta, no muck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Even if this guy becomes a Dave Poulin/ PJ Axelson that can play SOLID 2 way hockey and be a even a little slick bt keep a +2 it is a HUGE BONUS for this team. In a perfect world and the first line clicks and gets their game back and everyone is healthy and clear headed for the playoffs they will be deadly. I mean it...

Krecji Lucic Horton/Jagr

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Soderberg Peverly Horton/Jagr

Kelly Cambell Paille

Idk that is a pretty slick veteran lineup. If Rask can hold the fort and they play team d like we know they can. It's the offence that has been the problem this year. What are they in goals allowed? 2nd 3rd?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Adjustment questions?

Does anyone know any Swedish players that played in Yeti's league for 2 or more years and then came over to the NHL?  I'd be curious as to what their stats are and who they are.

Ok Luc so there is the reverse but not a "Shup reverse prediction". Kris Beech potted 8 goals, 26 points in 2007 for the Caps, best output for him in Elitserien is 17 goals. Marcus Nilson 6 goals for Calgary, highest output in Sweden 24 goals.

Then there is Nicklas Backstrom 12 goals in 2007 for Brynäs IF and 101 points for Washington in 2010. I would take have of that in 80 games for $1M a season. I think Carl will do better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Thanks SanDog... any others?    A Backstrom type player would be awesome.  The other guys you mention are 3rd/4th line types.  For the price they are paying him, this is a terrific gamble. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Adjustment questions?

Ok Luc so there is the reverse but not a "Shup reverse prediction". Kris Beech potted 8 goals, 26 points in 2007 for the Caps, best output for him in Elitserien is 17 goals. Marcus Nilson 6 goals for Calgary, highest output in Sweden 24 goals.

Then there is Nicklas Backstrom 12 goals in 2007 for Brynäs IF and 101 points for Washington in 2010. I would take have of that in 80 games for $1M a season. I think Carl will do better.

Maybe we should put the above in a little bit of context.  Backstrom didn't score 100 plus points til he was in his 3rd year in the NHL.  That "have of that" you so deftly and inappropriately point out...is in reality fairly close to Backstroms first year totals.

He was playing with Ovechkin, when Ovy was at his zenith.  Backstrom was a 4th overall draft pick.  Soderberg was drafted in the second round by St Louis.  In fact, at the time, Matt Sundin and the Sedin sisters were the only Swedes in history to be drafted higher than Backstrom. 

Any comparison to Nicholas Backstrom is exactly the kind of drama queen hype that will have the natives calling for Soderbergs head if he doesn't set the world on fire right out of the gate.

I hope you're right.  A 20-30= 50 pt first year would be outstanding for Carl and our Bruins.  That's pegging him to accumulate almost two and a half times more points than can't miss prospect Seguins first year numbers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I'd be psyched if he was like Jakob Silfverberg, another 2nd rounder.  I think he is a very good player for Ottawa with a tremendous upside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'd be psyched if he was like Jakob Silfverberg, another 2nd rounder.  I think he is a very good player for Ottawa with a tremendous upside.

Yeah me too.  Looks like JS could be a good one.  He was the SEL's version of the Hart recipient I believe, so that's quite an accomplishment leading up to his NA pro debut. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I didn't dig as much as I should have, i just skimmed quite a bit. Going more along the lines or theory...20 goals in the AHL, 10-12 in the NHL or 30 in the AHL, 17-23 goals in the NHL. I don't think Bruins or the fanbase would have a ton of curiosity if Soderbrg didn't have the size and the chippy history to survive the playoffs. From what i've seen he has the mojo.

If, big  IF, Carl Sodeberg gets the proper TOI he should be worth that $1M. One thing you'll like is the man loves to wind it up from his own end on great rushes through the neutral zone. Biggest thing for me is how he will react to his first big hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I didn't dig as much as I should have, i just skimmed quite a bit. Going more along the lines or theory...20 goals in the AHL, 10-12 in the NHL or 30 in the AHL, 17-23 goals in the NHL. I don't think Bruins or the fanbase would have a ton of curiosity if Soderbrg didn't have the size and the chippy history to survive the playoffs. From what i've seen he has the mojo.

If, big  IF, Carl Sodeberg gets the proper TOI he should be worth that $1M. One thing you'll like is the man loves to wind it up from his own end on great rushes through the neutral zone. Biggest thing for me is how he will react to his first big hit.

The smaller ice surfaces ( and clogging of the neutral zone ) will make this harder for him to do. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

I think the amount of press he's getting here, suggests many think he's going to be a significant piece right out of the gate.  Guys who have never played 1 game of North American professional hockey virtually never are.  Assuming otherwise is setting oneself up for disappointment, plus it puts undue expectation on the player, thwarting development.

As far as Carls "attitude", or "stones"...those are the same attributes that have flipped the Bruins off more than once in the past.  I see nothing there that isn't posessed by most "me first" athlete's.

I don't care how much press Söderberg is getting; it's part of their nature that they want to get as much mileage out of the "Yeti" story as possible. Fact is that he always had coaches and scouts raving about him, but one can dismiss that as well. But you cannot take away 31 goals scored in a league where they preach defense even more than Claude Julien does. Could he still turn out to be a waste of time and money? Absolutely, but again, that's beside the point of this thread - because what Söderberg just did is not the same as, for instance, Phil Kessel notifying Brian Burke that after a long season he won't be available for the World Cup. The World Cup means a lot more to the Swedes (or any other European hockey federation and fan base) than you could ever imagine, and Söderberg's snub is almost as huge as Eric Liddell's famous proclamation that he won't run on Sundays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Soda is 27 not Seg's 18, he is fully grown 6'3 200,  his history is as a 2way player.

Cj will give him more than Seg's 7-8 mins, do not be surprised if he is playing with Krej and Hort on LW to start or with Jagr and Camp on LW.  Cj has Camp as his new pj playing as first center and on PP, hope this discontinues save him for SHtoi duty not PP.  Even if he is with Berg and Se on LW he will be getting decent icetime and there will always be someone defensive minded with him until Cj sees his style and changes him to the B's style.

Cj had just stated that we were not carrying the puck enough, hopefully Soda is able to do so in the NHL as in SEL.

I am hoping the hype is at least half right and he is a solid player, a piece of the puzzle, a missing link so to speak for the cup. If he can have Ryder playoff numbers and be better than Poul, he will help us be strong contenders when all are back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The smaller ice surfaces ( and clogging of the neutral zone ) will make this harder for him to do.

Really (revelation) ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Let me throw this into the discussion.  The guy has a high IQ, mentioned already he was studying dentistry.  The quotes coming from PC said that he felt 'ready for the NHL' - so obviously he himself knew something was lacking in his game that he felt unready for the NHL.

Until now.

I think we're looking at a smart player who has been watching the NHL and is prepared for it, at least in his own mind.  I think that's a positive.  It appears that he's been studying the NHL N. America game.

Any idea whne he'll actually play?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He will be with the Bruins Wednesday. Do you have your stop watch n camcorder ready to go for your visits to Wilmington this week ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Really (revelation) ?

[/QUOTE]

No. Just something everyone else knows. Which means we're not going to be seeing too much of this  .........

......."One thing you'll like is the man loves to wind it up from his own end on great rushes through the neutral zone."

This isn't your Dad's brand of hockey from the Bobby Orr days.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Really (revelation) ?

No. Just something everyone else knows. Which means we're not going to be seeing too much of this  .........

......."One thing you'll like is the man loves to wind it up from his own end on great rushes through the neutral zone."

This isn't your Dad's brand of hockey from the Bobby Orr days. [/QUOTE]

LMAO How about Mike Milbury rushes ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Backs was 20 when he came over for 69, 21 for 88, 22 for 101 since then a point a game, Soder is 27, should be mature and game ready.

Dackell was 22 when he came over played 8 solid years and left during last lockout, half the numbers of Soda

Pyorala 4pts in 36 games at 28 for Phi

Hlavac  came at 23  42 pts in 67gms-1st year career - 436gm 90G 134 a 224pts

Kallio at 24    27pts 56gms in Atl  career3yrs - 140gms  24G 31A 55Pts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good research GOAT!