Soderberg in: Horton on way out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Soderberg in: Horton on way out?

I think Lucic is going to be a beast in this years playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think he will as well.  I think the entire team when healthy will be ready to rock.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I already said this.  DK with jagr though.  Dork. 

Whatever!  I didn't read every single word in the thread because it was all over the place.  Stop trying to trade Lucic.  He's going to be a beast next year.

NAS - I hope he is a beast next year, but if he doesn't wake up this year and somebody calls PC with a really really good offer on draft day.... he might just end up being a beast somewhere else. Edm or maybe Van if we go that route. Bottom line, he's gotta start showing up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I hope he wakes up for the playoffs as well but he is conspicously playing this season like he did against the Caps last playoffs....in short, non factor.

Hard to simply switch on a light when the bulb is broken...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree.  When the crowd is either going nuts with "Let's Go Bruins" or booing the heck out of them, I think the whole team will be at optimal level.  Right now they are tired and their playoff spot is basically secured.  Might as well take the foot off the pedal for the last few games.  No one in the East is a worry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lucic has played away from Horton three times this year.  He has goals in two of those games.

Look at that lineup without Lucic again and ask yourself: who will the softest team in the NHL be if the Oilers upgrade with Lucic?

DK - average sized skill player who is not known for hitting or ferocity (pace Bob Cole)

Bergeron - 4 concussions in the last 5 years.  Not going to be banging.

Marchand - pest with a rep who is now keeping his nose clean to keep his skill on the ice. 

Seguin - rep is that he's afraid.  Truth is that he's not an instinctive contact player - looks to use his speed and skill to get space.

Jagr - has he ever hit someone?  1650+ points, 2 hits for the career?  Big guy, strong guy, but not a physical force.

Peverley - speed player not a hitter

Kelly - speed player, uses the body for leverage, not a contact player

Yak - hits more than Seguin, but is awful defensively and not that much more productive than Lucic.  Absolutely insane to say he is more valuable than Lucic.  Could be, but right now?

Soderberg - never played in NA.  Think he's a banger?

Spooner - not as soft as he looks, but no one is sweating the pre-game thinking "gotta keep my head up when that 5'10" 170lb guy is on the ice."

Campbell - if he hit more than he does, we wouldn't be worrying about how soft they are right now.

Thornton - Does it really matter?

If anything, the Bruins need a Clarkson or Backes type player for the third line who can drop 15-20 goals, play responsible D, and wear teams down.  The only guy they have in the system with a hope of meeting that profile is Camara.  Yakupov would be a nice toy - until CJ or whoever else they replace him with if some get their wish bury his hot-dogging arze in the dog-house.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree.  When the crowd is either going nuts with "Let's Go Bruins" or booing the heck out of them, I think the whole team will be at optimal level.  Right now they are tired and their playoff spot is basically secured.  Might as well take the foot off the pedal for the last few games.  No one in the East is a worry.

I'd consider giving Chara a night off, same for Seidenberg. Be a good chance to put Redden in there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The debate over what Horton will get is entirely guesswork.  At 27, he'll be coming off of concussion problems and an underwhelming "no heartbeat" season.  If others interpret it the same what shupe does - that he's playing it safe to make sure he gets to payday - they'll be out.  If they see a Bergeron situation - the long road back to full speed from a serious concussion - they might think he's a bargain now coming off of an underwhelming year.  Horton, meanwhile, might be consciously holding back, and he might just be slow getting up to speed, in which case, he'll probably be a bit disappointed by the level of offer he gets including no offer from Boston (looking at the cap figures...).  He might want to cash in long term even if it's a $3.75M deal for 5 years, and he may want to take a one year deal in Boston looking to reassert himself as a 25-30 goal man with a physical edge thinking that, with the cap going back up the following year, he can get a Lucic like $6M somewhere for 4 years and come out several millions ahead.  Especially if he's not worried about the risk - and really, the guy has banked over $20M already, so he won't be stocking groceries.

If I'm PC, I pretty much know what I plan to offer Horton already.  The strength of his playoffs make move the number one way or the other, but not as much as you would think because team-building is a longer term planning exercise under the Cap and you can't be depending entirely on playoff performances to make your decisions.  Soderberg does have some impact here - the Bruins will have to find two forwards for next year without him, one if he proves he belongs.  The Bruins have no issue using a goal-scoring centre on the wings - witness one T. Seguin.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Sad but losing Horton wouldn't be a massive loss. Remember that the Bs won the  play off final in 2011 without him. He's just not been the same player since being taken out by Aaron Rome in game one of that series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Horton is a goner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I sure hope so he should be well rested.