Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm excited for BadHab.  Remember his rant ?  he's so much calmer in person.

This is a relief because I went nuts the first time he didn't show up - a little.  Then second time...

But one way or another it should be a done deal because if he doesn't sign, at least the Soderberg stories will be over.  And life would be better without those conversations going on in here - as they are with Riendeau and Hamill - Thank God!

IF this works out - and it hasn't happened yet - it's a major coup for PC.  The Blues only got 23 games out of Hannu and he was just awful for them.  And what's really weird is just saw that Hannu played on Soderberg's team for a year in Sweden.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Let's hope Chia doesn't screw this one up too! They have to sign him before the playoffs for him to be eligible. I can see it now-- Chia saying something like "well I didn't realize the season was officially over yet and we had a verbal agreement with Mr. Soderberg"   Lol

That being said, Sods will be a HUGE addition IMO. Bye Pandolfo

Yeah, PC is well known for screwing this team up.  Please tell us more how adding Soderberg will be huge.  I've never seen him play.  Who do you think he should play with?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Earth to goodnewsbears, do you think they'd sign him if they weren't planning on using him? He could play with Jags, Krecji, Horts, Pevs, yada yada. Use your imagination assuming you didn't leave it behind along with your brain ; - )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You can just promise to buy a Soderberg jersey for yourself if you'd like.

whew.  I was worried that I might have to go out on the lam.

Soderberg likes number 17.  I wonder if the guy who has it now will give it to him.

I'm hoping he wants #69. An old geezer like you wearing that number ? Take pictures !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Earth to goodnewsbears, do you think they'd sign him if they weren't planning on using him? He could play with Jags, Krecji, Horts, Pevs, yada yada. Use your imagination assuming you didn't leave it behind along with your brain ; - )

LOL, you never seize to amaze me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I'm hoping he wants #69. An old geezer like you wearing that number ? Take pictures !

Fair enough.  It will cost me less than the $200.

My guess is that he'll take 71 since whatsisname already has 17.

I wonder if he'll be surprised that Boston is a hockey town?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Reports all over say he's signing a 3 year deal and that they have to buyout the Swedish hockey federation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

71 would be good. Numbers are inching up anyway. It would be cool to see Soderberg with that number on the same line as Looch. They'd look like bookends! And maybe he brings the skillset to wake Looch up! We nee Milan to snap out of that funk if we want to beat the scabitants and the 'Guins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And I'm thinking back to a few posters ( well not really, just one ) saying PC's trade deadline was disgraceful. PC obviously had Soderberg on the backburner coming over. He had to keep room for him on the roster.

Getting Kelly, Bergeron and McQuaid back to go along with Jagr and depth players ( Redden and Daugavins ) will give this team a different look then recently.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

And I'm thinking back to a few posters ( well not really, just one ) saying PC's trade deadline was disgraceful. PC obviously had Soderberg on the backburner coming over. He had to keep room for him on the roster.

Getting Kelly, Bergeron and McQuaid back to go along with Jagr and depth players ( Redden and Daugavins ) will give this team a different look then recently.

The mystery is knawing away at me...???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

You're awesome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Plenty of room as long as we didn't trade for Wade "I used to be good" Redden. He's this year's Zanon. Lot of good Zannon did for us! Can you spell one and done last year Fletch? So you think Redden was the puck mover we needed? If so, where is he? I've played as many minutes as him LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Let's hope Chia doesn't screw this one up too! They have to sign him before the playoffs for him to be eligible. I can see it now-- Chia saying something like "well I didn't realize the season was officially over yet and we had a verbal agreement with Mr. Soderberg"   Lol

That being said, Sods will be a HUGE addition IMO. Bye Pandolfo

I'm pretty sure Shero will not swoop in an sign him first or he will only sign with the Pens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Here are the details of the negotiations:

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/4/9/4204740/carl-soderberg-watch-bruins-transfer-card-signed-what-does-this-mean

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I remember, waaaay back when this trade happened.  There was much outrage from some, because PC had just given away a good goalie prospect for a guy that was never going to come to North America.  The level-heads touted it as a swap of players that were not likely to ever play for their organizations anyway.

If this works out for the Bruins, it will be hilarious.  After all this time, at the 11th hour, he comes over and improves the team?  No one expects the Swedish Acquisition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiz33. Show chiz33's posts

Transfer through IIHF is agreed upon....3 year contract in place....Yeti flight booked to Logan...my guess is yes...sorry if anyone has posted this info already...but since I started the thread I thought I would add this...thanks!!!

Boston Bruins Buzz (@bruinsbuzztap) 2013-04-09 1:19 PM Stanley Cup of Chowder >> Soderberg Watch: TRANSFER CARD SIGNED. 3-year Bruins contract allegedly in place. Now buzztap.com/-71160m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The whole Iginla mess was at best an embaressment, and not getting Clowe when he was available to anyone who wanted him is unexpalinable. Daugavins and Redden ? Give me a break, not great IMO. But this move in waiting is a plus for him no doubt, and if it works out, I'll be the 1st to applaud it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I had a feeling that he had something in his back-pocket.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

The whole Iginla mess was at best an embaressment, and not getting Clowe when he was available to anyone who wanted him is unexpalinable. Daugavins and Redden ? Give me a break, not great IMO. But this move in waiting is a plus for him no doubt, and if it works out, I'll be the 1st to applaud it.

You forgot to mention Jagr.  The Bruins had a problem scoring goals.  Clowe had ZERO goals all season. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

The speculation for the next seven days should be phenomenal.  JK a small price to pay for added depth and potential improvement.

My lines, KHL, Bergie-Jagr-Marchand, Kelly-Seguin-Soderberg (LW?)-Campbell and the best two (in my current order) Paille-Peverley-Caron-Daugavins

It's incredible that Paille would be fighting for minutes in this lineup.  Also I should note that Soderberg has no guarantees in my mind.  I like the idea of two offensive minded wings next to Kelly.  WHo do teams play there to checkers against.  I guess I would play them against Bergie et al.

From http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/4/9/4204740/carl-soderberg-watch-bruins-transfer-card-signed-what-does-this-mean

From there, it gets a little hairy. Sweden wants Soderberg for the national team, to compete at Worlds in May. They have the right to refuse the transfer agreement, and they have seven days to do so. A few things can happen from here. Either Sweden doesn't respond in seven days, which means Soderberg is free to join the Bruins after that seven day period; Sweden signs off on the agreement before the seven day period is over, in which case Soderberg can come over as soon as that's done; or they can refuse. Sweden would need actual contract-related reasons to refuse the transfer. Allowable reasons are as follows:

1) the player is a signed professional player currently under a professional player contract;
    2) the player wishing to transfer has not fulfilled his contractual obligations to his former club (all contractual obligations other than those involving signed professional player contracts);
    3) the player has not fulfilled financial commitments to his former club such as debts or has not returned the club's equipment; and
    4) a material reason between the two clubs regarding the player transfer exists other than issues concerning compensation (an example of a material reason is the existence of a confirmed suspension or pending disciplinary proceeding by either the IIHF or by the player’s member national association when such suspension is recognized by the IIHF)

As far as we know, the only one that applies to Soderberg is the fact that he's under contract with Linkoping. If the Bruins were to buy out his contract, Sweden wouldn't have a viable reason to refuse the transfer - and suddenly a Swedish unicorn is ours. There's no telling whether or not the Bruins will actually do that, though (thanks, Jacobs!) or whether they'll work out some sort of other compensatory deal, so for now, it's a waiting game for the next seven days.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kind of reminds me of the hype there was when Marius Czerkawski was coming over. I remember reading he did back flips after he scored etc..Oh well, I hope the kid does good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I loved Marius Czerkawski and Dimitri Kvarltanov (sp) Never understood why they flamed out so fast.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Use Thornton as a rotating linemate,when a line from the opposition gets testy with a Bruin line just substitute the guy who was targeted with Thornton next shift and have him go after the instigator!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

No one expects the Swedish Acquisition.

BRILLIANT!

Sections
Shortcuts