Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

In response to lambda13's comment:

Red, how can you not fault them for stopping a Swedish citizen from earning more money in a better league?

We're sorry , but we cant let you take advantage of this tremendous opportunity.  

When did Sweeden turn into Cuba?

This is beyond enraging.  This isnt even about the Bruins. This is about human rights.  For goodness sake, he's a human....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Apparently Soderberg has told the SIHF that he's not going to play in the WCs.  Why would they block him if he's not going to play anyhow???

Get over it Sweden!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Big meeting starts in one hour in NY.

Sweden has one chip to play.  What are they trying to gain.  I imagine if we were simply going to beg them to change there mind, then the meeting would be in Sweden right?  I'm guessing that the SIHF wants something and if they get it, Soderberg will play in the NHL this year.  Maybe it is as simple as Zinabadejad plays in WC, then Soderberg plays in NHL.  I imagine they probably want any AHL player to be able to choose the WC, and that is a request I imagine the NHL would balk at, but I would agree with.

Chris Johnston @reporterchris 17m

The NHL/NHLPA/IIHF/IOC Sochi Olympic talks could be coming to a head. Key meeting gets underway in NYC within the hour.

Retweeted by Dominic Tiano

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It stood/stands to reason that politics were invovled.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok, something else to muddy the waters. The current transfer agreement expires on April 30, start of the playffs. Could Soderberg just holdout and come over once the agreement expires?

This situation is becoming as clear as a brick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

Big meeting starts in one hour in NY.

Sweden has one chip to play.  What are they trying to gain.  I imagine if we were simply going to beg them to change there mind, then the meeting would be in Sweden right?  I'm guessing that the SIHF wants something and if they get it, Soderberg will play in the NHL this year.  Maybe it is as simple as Zinabadejad plays in WC, then Soderberg plays in NHL.  I imagine they probably want any AHL player to be able to choose the WC, and that is a request I imagine the NHL would balk at, but I would agree with.

Chris Johnston @reporterchris 17m

The NHL/NHLPA/IIHF/IOC Sochi Olympic talks could be coming to a head. Key meeting gets underway in NYC within the hour.

Retweeted by Dominic Tiano

Why would the NHL balk at allowing AHL players to play in WC for their native lands?  For goodness sake, these are human beings.  They should have the right to choose where they play!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The swedes can force him to play, but they can't force him to play well. Here's hoping he decides to shoot a few pucks into his own net. Maybe then they'll ship him to the Bruins!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Ok, something else to muddy the waters. The current transfer agreement expires on April 30, start of the playffs. Could Soderberg just holdout and come over once the agreement expires?

I believe Soderberg would have to play in a regular season game for the B's to qualify for the playoffs.I thought i read this somewhere so i am going totally on memory.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I agree with what I think Chowda was hinting at from an earlier post. This is all about the mighty dollar. The guy's never played in the WC in the past 3 seasons. What's the deal on this holdup? No wait; I KNOW! COLON CAMPBELL IS AFRAID THIS WILL AFFECT HIS SONS ICE TIME! He's behind all of this I KNEW IT!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Red - You were right! I should have paid more attention to a woman's instincts. However, I think something will be worked out fairly soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

It is utterly moronic of the SIHF to veto the transfer card of a player , who says he has no intentions , of playing in th WC . Soderberg is under contract with the Bruins , and that his desire is to play in the NHL . It seems that Sweden is the new Cuba , and are denying the kid a chance to play in the best league in the world . Thumbs down on Sweden, if Carl Soderberg is not playing for the Bruins this year .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

you are correct he would have to play at least 1 game.

Kind of stupid rule why 1 game?

I believe Soderberg would have to play in a regular season game for the B's to qualify for the playoffs.I thought i read this somewhere so i am going totally on memory.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've seen some conflicting reports on the 1 game - some have said yes, some have said no.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

i do not know what happend to my reply.

You are correct he would have to play 1 regular season game.

Kind of a stupid rule why 1 game?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

you are correct he would have to play at least 1 game.

Kind of stupid rule why 1 game?

Maybe has to do with a technicality so that teams cannot sign players after the playoff roster freeze.As far as playing one game to qualify it might have to do with a team being up front with who is playing with them so other teams know what they are dealing with, who knows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, I posted that earlier.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/4/10/4209314/carl-soderberg-contract-boston-bruins

He will not require re-entry waivers, as the Bruins had him on their reserve list. In addition, he will be eligible to participate in the playoffs as long as he plays one regular-season game

I don't ever recall this happening before, the closest I can think of is some head butting with the KHL and that got resolved so I think this will, too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Sort of like the Phoenix Coyotes ownership debacle? Or worse?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/4/10/4209314/carl-soderberg-contract-boston-bruins

He will not require re-entry waivers, as the Bruins had him on their reserve list. In addition, he will be eligible to participate in the playoffs as long as he plays one regular-season game

I don't ever recall this happening before, the closest I can think of is some head butting with the KHL and that got resolved so I think this will, too.

This seems like nothing but a powerplay by the SIHF to strongarm the NHL to cough up some dough. If Sods doesn't want to play for Sweden at the World championships and has told them such then what is the point of blocking this move.Stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kreider played in the post season for the Rangers last year without appearing in a regular season game. What makes Soderberg's situation different?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

According to one Mr. Peter Chiarelli on the Sports Hub on Wednesday, Soderberg DOES NOT need to play a regular season game to play in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So apparently the article I quoted is wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That's what I meant by conflicting reports. Hopefully PC is right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

As per Chiarelli's interview with Toucher and Rich the other morning "He does not need to play a regular season game to be eligible " NHL has an expcetion only this time around due to the shortened season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sort of like the Phoenix Coyotes ownership debacle? Or worse?

Nothing is like the Phoenix debacle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to inflamedcolon's comment:

According to one Mr. Peter Chiarelli on the Sports Hub on Wednesday, Soderberg DOES NOTneed to play a regular season game to play in the playoffs.

just saw you answered it also.  I got antzy

Sections
Shortcuts