Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Re: Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

The speculation for the next seven days should be phenomenal.  JK a small price to pay for added depth and potential improvement.

My lines, KHL, Bergie-Jagr-Marchand, Kelly-Seguin-Soderberg (LW?)-Campbell and the best two (in my current order) Paille-Peverley-Caron-Daugavins

It's incredible that Paille would be fighting for minutes in this lineup.  Also I should note that Soderberg has no guarantees in my mind.  I like the idea of two offensive minded wings next to Kelly.  WHo do teams play there to checkers against.  I guess I would play them against Bergie et al.

From http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/4/9/4204740/carl-soderberg-watch-bruins-transfer-card-signed-what-does-this-mean

From there, it gets a little hairy. Sweden wants Soderberg for the national team, to compete at Worlds in May. They have the right to refuse the transfer agreement, and they have seven days to do so. A few things can happen from here. Either Sweden doesn't respond in seven days, which means Soderberg is free to join the Bruins after that seven day period; Sweden signs off on the agreement before the seven day period is over, in which case Soderberg can come over as soon as that's done; or they can refuse. Sweden would need actual contract-related reasons to refuse the transfer. Allowable reasons are as follows:

1) the player is a signed professional player currently under a professional player contract;
    2) the player wishing to transfer has not fulfilled his contractual obligations to his former club (all contractual obligations other than those involving signed professional player contracts);
    3) the player has not fulfilled financial commitments to his former club such as debts or has not returned the club's equipment; and
    4) a material reason between the two clubs regarding the player transfer exists other than issues concerning compensation (an example of a material reason is the existence of a confirmed suspension or pending disciplinary proceeding by either the IIHF or by the player’s member national association when such suspension is recognized by the IIHF)

As far as we know, the only one that applies to Soderberg is the fact that he's under contract with Linkoping. If the Bruins were to buy out his contract, Sweden wouldn't have a viable reason to refuse the transfer - and suddenly a Swedish unicorn is ours. There's no telling whether or not the Bruins will actually do that, though (thanks, Jacobs!) or whether they'll work out some sort of other compensatory deal, so for now, it's a waiting game for the next seven days.

just a note of caution, i remember when we got SATAN,AND ROLSTON AND EVEN RECCHI.  they all had slow starts , especialy satan i thought he was useless! then after about 5 games he just went off! and played great. clod even spoke up about rolston last year saying he needed to get up to speed and sat him for a couple of games. remember? then rolston was pretty good against washington. and recchi was just a FIND. so give sodaberg a week or so, i know nothing about him,except reports he's good and the b's scouts have been damm good the last 5 yrs or so.  GO BRUINS!!  oh ya  these guys  look tired big time, i can see pitts and the scabs looking faster  but man they had clod larose looking like guy laflour last night, and look at the shot totals  not us  we need a week off

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

No one expects the Swedish Acquisition.

BRILLIANT!

LOL!! BOOK!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Anybody else here thinks Soderberg might be a bigger version of Chris Bourque?  Good against lower leagues, but useless in the NHL.  I hope I'm wrong.  Go Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Maybe he's another Josef  Stumpel or Mike Krushelnyski? I'd be VERY happy if so. Don't think he's ever going to be compared to Chris Bourque. My only worry is that Cload starts harping on him "forget the offense, just concentrate on defense. We're NOT in the business of scoring goals here!"     LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Just checked Orbitz.  There's a flight leaving Stockholm at roughly mid-night tonight (tomorrow morning Sweden time), arriving in Boston 1:00 P.M. tomorrow.

Book your flight Carl!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wanna official anouncement.

How many more nights do I have to sleep?

I don't wanna go to bed.

I wanna Soderberg article by Fluto.

I have to buy my Soderberg jersey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The Swede is freed! 3 year deal according to the radio.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I don't wanna go to bed.

The big topper will be when Cross dresses for one of the final games of the season when CJ is resting most of his regulars. That would be swell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

BadHab, I wouldn't be worried about buying that jersey yet. The WC is in Sweden this year and the SIHF want him to play. If the Bruins don't buyout his Linkopings contract there's a clause in the international transfer agreement that would allow the SIHF to kibosh the deal and make him play in the WC. If they're absolutely set on having him at the WC, Yetiberg could remain a myth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Here's the breakdown from Stanley Cup of Chowdah

From there, it gets a little hairy. Sweden wants Soderberg for the national team, to compete at Worlds in May. They have the right to refuse the transfer agreement, and they have seven days to do so. A few things can happen from here. Either Sweden doesn't respond in seven days, which means Soderberg is free to join the Bruins after that seven day period; Sweden signs off on the agreement before the seven day period is over, in which case Soderberg can come over as soon as that's done; or they can refuse. Sweden would need actual contract-related reasons to refuse the transfer. Allowable reasons are as follows:

1) the player is a signed professional player currently under a professional player contract;
    2) the player wishing to transfer has not fulfilled his contractual obligations to his former club (all contractual obligations other than those involving signed professional player contracts);
    3) the player has not fulfilled financial commitments to his former club such as debts or has not returned the club's equipment; and
    4) a material reason between the two clubs regarding the player transfer exists other than issues concerning compensation (an example of a material reason is the existence of a confirmed suspension or pending disciplinary proceeding by either the IIHF or by the player’s member national association when such suspension is recognized by the IIHF)

As far as we know, the only one that applies to Soderberg is the fact that he's under contract with Linkoping. If the Bruins were to buy out his contract, Sweden wouldn't have a viable reason to refuse the transfer - and suddenly a Swedish unicorn is ours. There's no telling whether or not the Bruins will actually do that, though (thanks, Jacobs!) or whether they'll work out some sort of other compensatory deal, so for now, it's a waiting game for the next seven days.

So in other words, BadHab, there's definitely no guarantee yet that he's coming over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

3 year deal ... done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The deal is done, but Sweden could veto.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to dogmonsta's comment:

3 year deal ... done.

That's what I said up above. Then blah blah blah then you said so so it must be fact at this point.

Welcome yeti....I hope you live up to 50% of the expectations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Let me repeat one more time, it's not done yet.

Per ESPN

Swedish star forward Carl Soderberg and the Boston Bruins have reached an agreement on a multi-year contract, and his release from his Swedish team Linkoping also has been finalized, a source confirmed Tuesday.

According to the source, the only thing left to be done as of Tuesday afternoon was for the Swedish Ice Hockey Association to approve Soderberg's transfer to the Bruins and the NHL

It's in the SIHA's best interest not to approve it. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but it is not a done deal until they do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I don't wanna go to bed.

The big topper will be when Cross dresses for one of the final games of the season when CJ is resting most of his regulars. That would be swell.

Honestly, that would be a shame.  I think there are other Providence dman that are better that should get their few minutes of glory far above Cross.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Let me repeat one more time, it's not done yet.

Per ESPN

Swedish star forward Carl Soderberg and the Boston Bruins have reached an agreement on a multi-year contract, and his release from his Swedish team Linkoping also has been finalized, a source confirmed Tuesday.

According to the source, the only thing left to be done as of Tuesday afternoon was for the Swedish Ice Hockey Association to approve Soderberg's transfer to the Bruins and the NHL

It's in the SIHA's best interest not to approve it. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but it is not a done deal until they do.

Your post contains a quote which says that if the B's successfully buyout the remainder of his contract, which they appear to have done, then Sweden should have no leg to stand on.  I am not saying it is a done deal, just that the road bumps are not apparent if the report is acccurate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Honestly, that would be a shame.  I think there are other Providence dman that are better that should get their few minutes of glory far above Cross.

Possibly, but if Cross gets the call, it'll be us BDC posters few minutes of glory.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Cam's on 98.5 sports hub, he says that things were looking good for the release from the federation

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Your post contains a quote which says that if the B's successfully buyout the remainder of his contract, which they appear to have done, then Sweden should have no leg to stand on.  I am not saying it is a done deal, just that the road bumps are not apparent if the report is acccurate.

Is there a report he's been actually bought out? I've read that he's been released, but that's different than a buyout. If Linkopings didn't get cash, then Sweden would still have the ability to veto. I hope they did pay up as that would make this all moot, but I've yet to see any report of a buyout.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Cam's on 98.5 sports hub, he says that things were looking good for the release from the federation

Good to hear.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Is there a report he's been actually bought out? I've read that he's been released, but that's different than a buyout. If Linkopings didn't get cash, then Sweden would still have the ability to veto. I hope they did pay up as that would make this all moot, but I've yet to see any report of a buyout.

release from the Swedish team has been finallized
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/9152572/carl-soderberg-boston-bruins-agree-contract-source-says

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiz33. Show chiz33's posts

The only hurdle left to overcome is the SIHF transer agreement...as stated before everything else has been taken care of....everything I have been reading has said that this she only be a formality and these transfers are very common and cordial between NHL/HUSA and SIHF...this is not Russia and the KHL and their idle threats to interfere with transfers(which in fact have been very minimal)....I am not 100% sure but would say we are about 95% or 98.5% per last post that there will be a Yeti sighting in Boston...call National Geographic!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Possibly, but if Cross gets the call, it'll be us BDC posters few minutes of glory.

ONE black hearted BDC poster dedicated to the downfall of the BadHab

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't think they release that there is a 3-year deal DONE if they weren't reasonably assured that he would be cleared to leave Sweden for the NHL. I could be wrong on that given that we were recently told Iginla was a Bruin, but I think all the pieces are actually in place this time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1399641

Sections
Shortcuts