Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Soderberg is on the way as per Linkoping GM..

In all seriousness Soderberg can't make his own decisions? What is this? Nazi Germany?

The NHL can't tell the Swiss league to kick rocks and let him play?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It has nothing to do with the SEL, and I can't even completely fault the SIHA. It was the IIHF that gave them this veto power.

An English confirmation
    @TSNBobMcKenzie: As per @steffeG and NHL/Boston sources, Swedish Ice Hockey Federation trying to block Carl Soderberg from joining Bruins. Stay tuned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Red, how can you not fault them for stopping a Swedish citizen from earning more money in a better league?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Red, how can you not fault them for stopping a Swedish citizen from earning more money in a better league?

I said not completely. It was the IIHF that gave them this ability in the first place. As such they share culpability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm also going to put some fault on PC and Jacobs. Had they not just negotiated a release but had in addition bought out his contract from Linkopings, Sweden couldn't have pulled this move.

Dammit, my gut was telling me this was going to happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Thats what Jim Morrison said. I don't think he knew much about Soderburg though.

I knew he wasn't dead....break on through, man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

And the Yeti saga continues:

One day.....one...day....

Don't lose hope!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So somone from twitter is reporting that the Sewdish Federation is not going to release the Yeti. Oh ok then it is most certainly confirmed.

I think she is the same person that tweeted P Diddy was seen kissing Kate Upton last week. I'll wait until PC confirms this then if he does I'm not going to go crazy over it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Crazy.  Why wouldn't Yetiberg just tell Sweden that if they block his career in the NHL he won't play in the WC?

That would seem to solve the problem.  If Sweden wants to screw their countrymen out of opportunities, then they won't represent them.

Pathetic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Mac is too.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: As per @steffeG and NHL/Boston sources, Swedish Ice Hockey Federation trying to block Carl Soderberg from joining Bruins. Stay tuned.

Maybe not done completely yet, but not boding well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Sounds like it is still fluid, so who knows at this point?  Not sure what kind of leverage the Bruins or the NHL have in a situation like this.

That said, he has agreed to a contract with the Bruins, right?   So the Swedish Hockey Federation can block until what point/date? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Mac is too.

Maybe not done completely yet, but not boding well.

So Mckenzie is rewteeting a TV reporters "tweet" that the Swedish Federation is trying to block the move.

Still waiting for the official, official announcment. You are right though not looking good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

That said, he has agreed to a contract with the Bruins, right?   So the Swedish Hockey Federation can block until what point/date? 

Good question- What is the precedent or is this it ?

Jacobs should just buy Sweden then, there yah go LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again, it seems to me that Soderberg has plenty of leverage, even if the Bruins or the NHL don't.

Playing in the WC is optional.  All Soderberg has to do is tell them he'll only play after he's allowed to play in the NHL.  Then, what's the point in blocking him?

Maybe the Bruins go far and he doesn't make it back for the WC, but that's still better than him refusing to be on the team altogether.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"So are you communist? Force him to play for you?"

One of the replies to the tweet, love it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Again, it seems to me that Soderberg has plenty of leverage, even if the Bruins or the NHL don't.

Playing in the WC is optional.  All Soderberg has to do is tell them he'll only play after he's allowed to play in the NHL.  Then, what's the point in blocking him?

Maybe the Bruins go far and he doesn't make it back for the WC, but that's still better than him refusing to be on the team altogether.

Or just make sure Soderberg has seen this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFCdXDAA3-U

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Does Sweden sanction players that refuse to play for them internationally? I know some countries like Belarus and Kazahkstan do, while others like US and Canada don't. What's Sweden's policy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Searching all over and can't find a precedent. Anyone else track one down?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Soderberg will threaten to never play for Sweden again. The NHL can lean on the Swedes too. He's gonna get to BOS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My brother is contending this is just a ploy for the SIHA to milk more cash from the Bruins. Sounds plausible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Searching all over and can't find a precedent. Anyone else track one down?

I think this will be the precedent Red.

Any chance Carl fooled around with this reporter, dumped her and she is just trying to stir things up ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

My brother is contending this is just a ploy for the SIHA to milk more cash from the Bruins. Sounds plausible.

I have a pretty good coin collection I could send over...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Does Sweden sanction players that refuse to play for them internationally? I know some countries like Belarus and Kazahkstan do, while others like US and Canada don't. What's Sweden's policy?

Don't know.  Didn't think so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

San, I'll take it, I just found a 1960 silver quarter. Starting a collection lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BTW, we just hit 200 posts in the thread.

Sections
Shortcuts