Soderberg on the 4th line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Soderberg on the 4th line

Might be replacing Daug according to twitter.

To me, he's an upgrade but what do I know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Soderberg on the 4th line

Hard to judge whether he'll be an upgrade or not.  Interesting timing.  Excited to watch him play!  I didnt think Daug played poorly, but we'll see how this pans out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

@NaokoFunayama: Carl Soderberg has replaced Kaspars Daugavins on the 4th line LW this morning in practice.

Hopefully this produces great results!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I prefer Caron but if Julien chooses Soderberg at least it is a change from a do-nothing-castoff. Not expecting allot of minutes from either, they both will be assisting Khudobin with door duties if they have a "Seguin moment" at the blueline Saturday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I see no problem with this as he clearly has more skill than Daugavins. Hopefully it may produce something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

What the heck!  Maybe he can close for the Red Sox as well???????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I do like this tweak.  It is unfortunate that Boston's stronger depth is on defense where we have good players like Hamilton and Bartkowski sitting.  Soderberg is probably the only real option for changes upfront unless injuries forced changes. You obviously don't want to make many changes anyway but I think once in awhile taking one guy out and putting another guy in energizes the line-up a little.  Also when a guy is sat out and gets to come back in, he comes back in with a little more energy. 

The Bruins need to be looking to win two 2-1 hockey games on Saturday and Monday.  Remember they lost 6-5 to Tampa Bay in game 6 in 2011 and came back with a 1-0 win in game 7.  I am looking for that type of effort Saturday night.  If they do that they will have a chance to win the Cup on home ice on Monday night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If CJ keeps Thirnton in the line up ...he is a fool

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Maybe it's a good move. He certainly should be one of the most talented 4th liners out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Yeah, we read that in the #43 for #22 thread(and countless others).

You made your point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

What is Julien thinking?  We are 2 wins away from the Stanley Cup and our only 2 losses are in overtime.  Status quo is the way to go.  He must not have any hockey knowledge whatsoever!  LOL

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Entertainment value is much more with the Yeti rather than the Daug.

This just keeps getting funner all the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Any word on how long his stick will be?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Any word on how long his stick will be?

I hope it's not too long, Davey.  No one can succeed with an extra long stick.

(Good one.  Made me laugh.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Agree they don't need an enforcer in this series!I would do with both Soderberg and Caron!

But I would also go with Hamilton

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradyfan1972. Show Bradyfan1972's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I prefer Caron but if Julien chooses Soderberg at least it is a change from a do-nothing-castoff. Not expecting allot of minutes from either, they both will be assisting Khudobin with door duties if they have a "Seguin moment" at the blueline Saturday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would have expected it would be Thornton who was removed.  He gave great effort the other night and still seemed to be constantly trailing the play.  I would have thought the idea was more skill that could shoot glove side.  I understand that this should have been obvious given CJs track record; I am surprised that I guessed wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I really don't care who it that is playing, but they need someone they can rust enough to get some shifts in O.T. Paille has been terrific but he is losing out on ice time in OT because his linemates cant be trusted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

speaks volumes that CJ prefers a skilled guy over Caron to play fourth-liner minutes that only ask players to bang and be responsible defensively.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

4th line scoring is down due to the Campbell injury and Paille on the third line.  Soderberg's defense will be limited by his minutes.  Certainly he is an unknown and has played in championships before albeit in Sweden.  I am sure he is more of a threat scoring than Caron.  

Don't judge me monkey!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

@NaokoFunayama: Carl Soderberg has replaced Kaspars Daugavins on the 4th line LW this morning in practice.

Hopefully this produces great results!

Agree I am waiting to see this kid play in the post season. Hopefully he can show something tn like a ball of fire power. It is a  hell of series so far and enjoying this cup run. Another OT i am assuming both teams are relentless. 8 tn my BP will be on the rise, lmao.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Soda looked pretty good last night.  No complaints from me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Soda looked pretty good last night.  No complaints from me.

Agree hang, thought Soderberg was  pretty effective.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Certainly brought more to the game than Daug.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

At this time of the year when the 2 best teams face each others every little detail is so important...6 minutes a game when you play one of the slowest player in the NHL is a total waste of ice time ...among all the scratched players last night all of them would be an improvement over Thornton ...I see it , I am sure you all see it ...how come CJ doesnt see it ???  Now its even more obvious without Bergeron if useless ST is in the line up for game 6 there is not a single for the Bruins to beat the Hawks in game 6 ...i am not saying with BART or Hamilton or Caron replacing ST we will win but we will improve our chances....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011