Soderberg, what a change !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Soderberg, what a change !

Can someone say how many points for Soderberg since he's playing center ?? I have the feeling it's near a point per game...he's been impressive since the move. Strong, patient, intelligent...the third line is a threat again, like it was in 2011 with Ryder. And Eriksson could give more !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Soderberg, what a change !

I count 18 points in 21 games as a C, including 7 goals.

He's hot on Marchand's heels in team scoring and has played fewer games.

Trade Marchand, I guess?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Almost as many as Seguin at center

Seriously though this guy is unreal ... showing 1st line talent. As crazy as it might sound, he might be the best center on this team. I think about Lucic Soderberg and Iginla - who would want to deal with that crew -

knees jerking all over North America

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Unbelievable.  Where's Hannu Toivonen?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I will be the first to admit, I didnt care for his play and didnt think he was close to ready for the NHL, when they introduced him last year in the playoffs. He looked out of place and a step behind. But I also gave him the benefit of the doubt, being new to the team and pace of the NHL. Then I had him making the team over Caron at the beginning of the season, along with Smith, but Soderberg got hurt. Soderberg looks great this year. He's bigger and stronger than he was showing early on in the NHL. He has really come into his own and I am very impressed. Very solid and its amazing how the NHL can bring out another speed and level from players, when even they might not have thought it was possible. For some it is and for some it never really comes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Unbelievable.  Where's Hannu Toivonen?

Starring for the Toledo Sockeye!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Walleye. Toledo Walleye.  For some reason that makes it funnier.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Seriously though this guy is unreal ... showing 1st line talent. As crazy as it might sound, he might be the best center on this team. I think about Lucic Soderberg and Iginla - who would want to deal with that crew -

He's been terrific but lets not get crazy. He has a ways to go before that becomes true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

No - the Sockeye is on reserve for the new NHL team in Seattle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Those 3 were out there together during some line change issues in the 3rd. I had never thought about it before, but when it happened I instantly had the same thought as you. No need to change a thing, as Krejci continues to be a beast, but it would be fun to watch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

No - the Sockeye is on reserve for the new NHL team in Seattle.

Heh watching too many Filet O Fish commercials LoL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Have spooner switch to lw now

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

He's been terrific but lets not get crazy. He has a ways to go before that becomes true.

Soderberg impressed me at training camp and  I mentioned since then he would be a good one. Hes for real.. take it to the bank.  Hes above any of the younger forwards the bruins have I.e Smith spooner whoever

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yep, I've got no problem with the way things are. But, I do see this guy make plays that the other two just don't have in their game. This guy could actually be that good...and it's happening on a regular basis. I'll even go as far as saying that if he was ready last yr., Chicago would've been in trouble.

PC might have struck gold on this one. It's a real turbo boost for the B's -

Yep, I've got no problem with the way things are. But, I do see this guy make plays that the other two just don't have in their game. This guy could actually be that good...and it's happening on a regular basis. I'll even go as far as saying that if he was ready last yr., Chicago would've been in trouble.

PC might have struck gold on this one. It's a real turbo boost for the B's -

We can't know for sure how ready he could have been. We can knock julien for that.  Julien very conservative and that's why he opted for whitfield over marchand. Its an approach that has worked for him overall but there are instances that we can question

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

We can't know for sure how ready he could have been. We can knock julien for that.  Julien very conservative and that's why he opted for whitfield over marchand. Its an approach that has worked for him overall but there are instances that we can question

Not always the case. I dont think Julien opted for Whitfield over Marchand, the people who saw Whitfield and Marchand playing at the time opted for him. I think circumstances play a role in that as well. From what I understand, the minor league personnel play a significant role in who gets called up. The coach of the NHL team might not have as much input simply because he's busy coaching the  club.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Love Soderberg's game & he could be that next diamond in the rough. I have one issue though & it's the goalie in me that I can't help but to have it. I love his going to the net hard & poking at pucks. BUT...If he's going to continue to do this he needs to stand up to what comes after for playing this style. You can't continue to just skate away. I don't like it when players from other teams do it. I'm not going to be OK with it just because he's a Bruin. I can see him scoring some huge goals in the play-offs from him being in the dirty areas. He'll take a beating to stand there too & I love that. But it's the extra whacks & hacks that I'm not a fan of. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Love Soderberg's game & he could be that next diamond in the rough. I have one issue though & it's the goalie in me that I can't help but to have it. I love his going to the net hard & poking at pucks. BUT...If he's going to continue to do this he needs to stand up to what comes after for playing this style. You can't continue to just skate away. I don't like it when players from other teams do it. I'm not going to be OK with it just because he's a Bruin. I can see him scoring some huge goals in the play-offs from him being in the dirty areas. He'll take a beating to stand there too & I love that. But it's the extra whacks & hacks that I'm not a fan of. 

Great points Nite. As long as he stands there and takes it, I don't have as much of a problem with it, and to his credit he's done that.

When a player of his skill set does that, it's impressive. He'll be heard from in the playoffs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He could urinate on the opposing goalie for all I care

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

He could urinate on the opposing goalie for all I care

The guys name you use would be disappointed with your attitude. Wensink wouldn't accept anyone not willing to have some push back. 

Great points Nite. As long as he stands there and takes it, I don't have as much of a problem with it, and to his credit he's done that.

When a player of his skill set does that, it's impressive. He'll be heard from in the playoffs.

Yes he will be heard of in the playoffs. . I stronly believe that and have said it from the start when no one was talking about him.  I also always maintained a tad less then conservative approach on smith.

But I don't get that! If he's tough enough to stand there & take it should he not be tough enough to just have some push back? He's a big boy & shown he's strong as an ox! I can't stand Brian Boyle for the exact same reason, but Boyle's worse because he acts tough! I'm not saying Soderberg needs to fight. I'm saying he needs to be willing to push his way around after whistles the same way he does in between them. That's all I'm saying.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

The laser shot yesterday was great !!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Nite, not getting into a scrum after the whistle isn't a sign of not being tough. I take it as a sign of discipline. The play's dead - the only thing that accomplishes is a potential penalty. Yeah, lots of players do the push back thing once the whistle goes. When has it ever once changed the outcome of the previous play?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

But I don't get that! If he's tough enough to stand there & take it should he not be tough enough to just have some push back? He's a big boy & shown he's strong as an ox! I can't stand Brian Boyle for the exact same reason, but Boyle's worse because he acts tough! I'm not saying Soderberg needs to fight. I'm saying he needs to be willing to push his way around after whistles the same way he does in between them. That's all I'm saying.

Might have something to do with the Euro style.  I'm guesing the more comfortable he feels, the more we'll see him push back.

• Sections
    Shortcuts