Soderberg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Soderberg

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And Eriksson doesn't? 

[/QUOTE]

Nite, i don't think its a matter of if he does or doesn't deserve it, i think its a matter of who has had the most chemistry & success on Bergy's line and that without question has been Smith. Now after Loui gets back and he plays awhile with King Carl & Spooner and shows nothing then you might look at making a change. Loui can still take regular shifts on the PP but for now Smith has to stay on the second line. Also other adjustments will have to be made when Kelly gets back.

[/QUOTE]

I hear the reason how everyone thinks that Smith should be on line 1a/b, but I just don't think Julian works that way. I don't see too many great coaches doing this. The B's don't have a guy in the top 30 in scoring & their going to reduce they're best offensive player to the 3rd line? Not buying it. Not until I see it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

I don't think Julien is as inflexible as many others. Maybe a little slow to change, loyal to his players. In the past I don't think there really was an option better than Thornton for the 4th line. Look at how he is using Soderberg, Spooner, Smith, Krug. I think Eriksson will start on the 3rd, hopefully he gets up to snuff. I think it is premature to expect him to starting lighting the lamp. Erikssons was only on a 17G 30A 47pts full season pace. This doesn't bother me, I think in time he will be better. As long as he's going come playoffs I'm happy. If the third line starts playing even better (more productive), I expect that Julien will roll his lines even more than he does now. The schedule is going to get tight, Julien will want to keep everyone fresh. Player for player, line for line (assuming Kelly and Eriksson come back good) I would put the Bruins up against any team 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

I see Soderberg as having adapted his particular skills very well to the NHL game and the Bruins system. Other posters have mentioned a number of his strengths - he is a strong and creative skater, continually finding open ice during breakouts which puts a ton of pressure on the opposing D-men. Chiarelli's persistence with him is already paying dividends.

WRT, Eriksson - having him replace the likes of Fraser, Johnson, etc has the potential to create another very dangerous line for the Bs. His experience, disciplined two-way play and offensive skill gives a budding star like Spooner that much more to work with and will create major match-up headaches. His TOI has only been around 16:00 and a solid 3rd line like this could easily be given these kind of shifts.

What excites me just as much is the prospect of Kelly returning to grab RW ice time from Thornton or Caron ... teaming him with Paille and Campbell would create an interesting high-energy checking line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hear the reason how everyone thinks that Smith should be on line 1a/b, but I just don't think Julian works that way. I don't see too many great coaches doing this. The B's don't have a guy in the top 30 in scoring & their going to reduce they're best offensive player to the 3rd line? Not buying it. Not until I see it.

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson is currently light years away from being the Bruins' best offensive player (that title belongs to David Krejci). Why does everybody buy into this "he scored a lot of points on a bad team, so he must score even more as a Bruin" theory? I think it works the other way around - Loui had a lot of ice time in Dallas and made the best of it (see: Seguin, Tyler). I want him to show some consistency before they bump a red-hot forward (Smith) to the third line for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson is currently light years away from being the Bruins' best offensive player (that title belongs to David Krejci). Why does everybody buy into this "he scored a lot of points on a bad team, so he must score even more as a Bruin" theory? I think it works the other way around - Loui had a lot of ice time in Dallas and made the best of it (see: Seguin, Tyler). I want him to show some consistency before they bump a red-hot forward (Smith) to the third line for him.

[/QUOTE]

totally agree and if he and Smith end up being the reason that the Bruins can skate three very dangerous forward lines, then the trade with Dallas is a huge success (not to mention Morrow, Fraser and $$$ to sign Iginla) regardless of whether Seguin matures into a top-line star

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

Eriksson this year 17G 30A 47pts over 80 games

Eriksson last year 20G 28A 48pts over 80 games

Eriksson career     24G 33A 57pts over 80 games

Obviously he had a stretch in Dallas where he put up really good numbers, i don't know if that will translate to the Bruins as Mr Hulot says. But those are good numbers in todays NHL. Also those are the numbers the Bruins top players seem to gravitate to, 20-25G 50-60pts for Krejci, Lucic, Iginla, Bergeron, Marchand, Smith and Eriksson plus this year we may end up with 2 20G defenceman (unlikely I know).

I don't see Kelly playing RW on the 4th, he's either C on the 3/4 line or LW on the 3rd

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

interesting that Sweden did not want to release him for World championships and yet don't name him to the olympic squad. Hilarious even.

Hopefully Spoon stays with team when Kell Loui and Thorn are all back, hard to say with cj.  Maybe we can get a pick for Caron or just let him go.

A long playoff run may be dependant on a Seid replacement.

GOAT!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Soderberg I thought looked good v. Ducks, his problem seems to be just getting off quality shots or netting opportunities. Otherwise, I do like his game, and he's very effective at cycling and is does a good job of keeping the puck forward in the offensive zone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And he gets the game-winner...Soderberg! Soderberg!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubberduck. Show rubberduck's posts

Julien should keep him away from taking faceoffs, you can see that taking faceoffs is not his cup of coffee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I agree.  He is not the prototypical Bruins player but his postional play is superior.  Failger on CSSNE finds him to have poor hands, easy to knock off the puck, and an average skater.  What a bunch of caca.  To wit:  the sampling is limited this year.  Two concussions bothered Bergeron for a couple years.  The logic is for Eriksson to stay on the third line.  I do not buy he is a top six and must play on the second line.  $ don't dictate decisions on play.  It is about produciton from the team.  If Eriksson connects with Spooner and Soderberg, then why change?  This is the time of the year to experiment anyway.  I agree if Smith faulters then Eriksson if he produces should move the second line.  

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Think Horton is a diff story he had good chemistry with Luc and Krec Loui never had any playing with Berg and Marchand ,no way you can take Smith off that line,so he has to go to third line,lets just hope everbody is healthy and stays healty,nothing wrong with having 3 good lines.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I thought Loui was starting to connect in those last few games before his last concussion.  Loui does a lot of good things that tend to be overlooked.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Kickin azz! great energy out there. even with all the inconsistency in line mates and learning the NHL game............

I know it was only 2 games but is is what it is. he looked fantastic at center. I'm very impressed with his game right now.

KEEP IT UP SODS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Absolutely crushing it as a center. More, please!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Please keep Soderberg at center let Kelly play LW.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please keep Soderberg at center let Kelly play LW.

[/QUOTE]

I think this something that may happen.  At the very least the coaches will have to think about it.  He looks so much better at center and you can see it in his skating. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I remember several years ago when Krecji in his rookie year toed in a puck and beat a guy, can't remember if he scored or not, but it was an awesome move and it was a good shod on net if it didn't score.

At that moment I thought - this kid has "arrived".  That play told me he was going to perform at the NHL at a different level from there on.

I'm wondering if that goal was Soderberg anouncing he has "arrived" in the NHL.

There are times when it all boils down to one play that shows you the guy is there and he's for real.