Some awesome hockey last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Some awesome hockey last night

I was switching back and forth between the Colorado / Minni game and the Chicago / St L game. WOW what great hockey. 

Nathan MacKinnon is some incredible player at 19. They came back from a 2 goal deficit in the 3rd to tie it and the OT was end to end. This is a scary good team, with all the talent they have accumulated through the draft. And they were missing Matt Duchene last night. I know its early, but you know their Coach is going to make sure they believe in themselves.

St Louis plays a very sound game, much like the Bruins. They don't have the game breakers that Chicago has, but they don't make many mistakes. This might still be a series yet. I thought the Hawks were going to blow them out.

just had to post that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Some awesome hockey last night

Thought MacKinnon was the best player on the ice.  Unreal.  3 assists in his fist playoff game.  You watching nite?

Great night of watching hockey.  Can't wait for the B's tonight.  Going to the Avs game tomorrow.

It's divorce season again in the Fletcher house...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

This is quite simply the best time to be a hockey fan. The first round is just awesome. Players are still mainly in one piece and have energy, max effort, great hitting.

Even Brad Richards had an awakening, nice game by him. Loved the Chic vs Blues game. Was surprised Miller turned it around after a horrible start of 3 goals in 7 shots. Mackinnon and the Avs in general are so fun to watch . A smorgasbord of hockey delights.

Now for the main course, bring on the Wings. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I am already divorced, so I can watch as much as I want, unless my daughters are with me. 

I am just so impressed with MacKinnon. I really thought they should have taken Seth Jones in the draft - a big stud Dman, but it's obvious why they took Nathan. 

I can see a Bruins / Avs Final. I know it's a long way to go yet, but...

So looking forward to tonight against the Wings. Popcorn and beer at the ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

The CHI/STL game was unbelievable.  Reminded me a lot of game 1 last year of the SCF.  

Toews was abused all night and kept coming out for more.  Love his game.

The games last night were a nice warm up to tonight's matchup.  Let's go B's!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The first round of the Stanley Cup finals is without a doubt the best calibre hockey that a fan can watch.It is intense,fast,hard hitting,adrenaline pumping,out of your seat action.The subsequent rounds are still great but by then the remaining teams have settled down and are just playing their game.I love hockey,regular season and playoffs,but the 1st round is over the top. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

The CHI/STL game was unbelievable.  Reminded me a lot of game 1 last year of the SCF.  

Toews was abused all night and kept coming out for more.  Love his game.

The games last night were a nice warm up to tonight's matchup.  Let's go B's!!!

Yes that's why I like him so much.  Toews also would play with a broken rib and punctured lung.

Last night was great hockey, I found myself cheering for LA to tie to get to OT.

The PHI-NYR game fell short IMO, didn't like the Ranger player looking for blood and then chasing the ref " see see see ! "  It's hard to change that rule but I don;t like it.  Hate when a penalty decides the outcome of a game like that.

Blues almost got caught with those delay of game penalties.  Karma worked well in that game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Miller started off shaky in the Blues/Hawks tilt but settled down and made some huge stops the rest of the way,if he heats up lookout for the Blues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

MacKinnon sticks out. He just has it. Was at the rink and ran into a guy who does a lot of power skating drills for NHLers and he told me MacKinnon is the most explosive one he's done yet.

I'm with you in the camp that is not that high on Stastny but he delivered last night.  I think he's a Maple Leaf or a Red Wing soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Wouldn't surprise me if Stastny became a Scab as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt that. He was brought up to hate the Canadiens! You do remember who his Dad is right? I think if Nashville won't make a deal with Edmonton. David Poille is gong to over pay to grab him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt that. He was brought up to hate the Canadiens! You do remember who his Dad is right? I think if Nashville won't make a deal with Edmonton. David Poille is gong to over pay to grab him.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ,those old Scab/Nordique wars were legendary,i used to love watching them along with the old Flame/Oiler tilts.The thing i loved about the Nordiques is they showed the Scabs absolutely no respect,its as if the Scabs couldn't believe the Nords would push them around like that,right in Quebec of all things.But money talks Nite & i think Stasny would listen if the Scabs showed him the green.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

Mackinnon is a joy to watch. Wednesday felt like Christmas morning to me getting to watch playoff hockey. Just the difference in intensity make it that much better. I watched the Blues/Blackhawks game. Wow, that should have been a meeting in the Western Conference Finals. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thought MacKinnon was the best player on the ice.  Unreal.  3 assists in his fist playoff game.  You watching nite?

Great night of watching hockey.  Can't wait for the B's tonight.  Going to the Avs game tomorrow.

It's divorce season again in the Fletcher house...

[/QUOTE]

You bet I was! The Av's put me in 1st place in both my pools last nite! Long way to go, but what impresses me the most. Is that nothing fazes this team. It's like they're using their youth to an advantage in a "Don't know any better" attitude. As much I hate the fawk. The guy behind the bench has his whole team playing with the same swagger & attitude he played with. If Varlamov starts playing the way he did in the regular season this team could make it. Tyson Barrie thinks he's Paul Coffey & so far it's working. Eric Johnson is finally playing like a 1st overall pick. And this team skates like we all thought the Oilers would be. Fun team to watch for sure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Tyson Barrie bowling for dollars was the key to the winning goal. Awesome!!!

Rangers are pukes.

Toews finishing series is looking less and less what a pounding he is taking.

In Newfoundland after 3 when games were done, wicked hockey.

TB needs Bishop badly.

Rask needs to be better than all the goalies have played so far as does the B's D.

GOAT!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ,those old Scab/Nordique wars were legendary,i used to love watching them along with the old Flame/Oiler tilts.The thing i loved about the Nordiques is they showed the Scabs absolutely no respect,its as if the Scabs couldn't believe the Nords would push them around like that,right in Quebec of all things.But money talks Nite & i think Stasny would listen if the Scabs showed him the green.

[/QUOTE]

Yep that "Good Friday Massacre" was one of the craziest brawls I ever seen. I don't think the Scabs will offer the highest bid though. I can see him getting in the 5-7 6yr range, but won't be surprised if he gets more. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was switching back and forth between the Colorado / Minni game and the Chicago / St L game. WOW what great hockey. 

Nathan MacKinnon is some incredible player at 19. They came back from a 2 goal deficit in the 3rd to tie it and the OT was end to end. This is a scary good team, with all the talent they have accumulated through the draft. And they were missing Matt Duchene last night. I know its early, but you know their Coach is going to make sure they believe in themselves.

St Louis plays a very sound game, much like the Bruins. They don't have the game breakers that Chicago has, but they don't make many mistakes. This might still be a series yet. I thought the Hawks were going to blow them out.

just had to post that. 

[/QUOTE]

Same here. It wasn't just the Av's comeback but how hockey is truly a game of inches. Roy doing his pulling the goalie with 3:30 left then the almost open net goal which would have sealed it for Wild. Couldn't believe the puck was rescued and cleared.

Sections
Shortcuts