Some good news for the BRUINS fans ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Some good news for the BRUINS fans ....

Move him: Iginla could be the prize of the trade market. The return value for the Flames in an Iginla deal could provide the building blocks for a full-scale rebuild and return to success. The Pittsburgh Penguins and Boston Bruins have been mentioned as the most prominent suitors, but any team looking to solidify its playoff position should be interested. It would be difficult from a public-relations standpoint to move Iginla -- as well as convince the long-time Calgary captain to waive his no-trade clause -- but the potential bounty for a return really is too much to pass on. In addition, failing to trade Iginla ahead of the deadline could allow him to leave in the summer as a free agent, with the Flames getting nothing in return.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Some good news for the BRUINS fans ....

Not really news - they've been saying this for weeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it's speculation. bruins are good, have young assets and cap room. iginla is a UFA in the off season, has a large cap hit is very good. I don't see the bruins giving up a 1st, boychuk, and koko and that's what it would probably take. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

it's speculation. bruins are good, have young assets and cap room. iginla is a UFA in the off season, has a large cap hit is very good. I don't see the bruins giving up a 1st, boychuk, and koko and that's what it would probably take. 

Good ????  Kelly, McQuaid, Krejci out....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Good ????  Kelly, McQuaid, Krejci out....

what is your point? you think the bruins aren't a good team? then they shouldn't be trading for a rental. okay. seriously, enough is enough. back on ignore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I read today Spooner, Subban and our 1st round pick is the current offer for Iginla... genius if PC can pull that off and still sign him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Calgary is still in the hunt for a playoff berth, remember the shorten schedule.  As someone on here stated wait a couple weeks before the standings filter out the sellers from the buyers.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

speculation or not, ( such as Boston was interested in perry ) the team needs a boost, Im sorry whether you like it or not, there just not cup contenders this year, they have a wall to go thru in mtl, pittsburg and beyond. This teams offense is inconsistent, why ? leadershop ? coaching ? Id say it needs some fire and lets not blame this recent play from injuries because theres a select few on this team thats taking too many nights off. I dont think its gonna take as much as you think to get iginla in a Bs uniform, if its a 1st rd pick, likely will be conditional to signing him then to a 2nd. A spooner, yes i can see it along with another lower prospect.

This team needs an iginla, morrow or alfredsen if there gonna contend for the east.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I read today Spooner, Subban and our 1st round pick is the current offer for Iginla... genius if PC can pull that off and still sign him.

I'd do that move right now ...Subban may have an NHL carreer ...so is Spooner ...but for another Stanley Cup ..I would do it right away ....Calgary will not let go a player like Iginla for nothing ..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

stanley you want to give them sauve, a 2nd and ference i believe, and now you are okay with spooner subban and a 1st? do you see how ridiculous that is?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I'd do that move right now ...Subban may have an NHL carreer ...so is Spooner ...but for another Stanley Cup ..I would do it right away ....Calgary will not let go a player like Iginla for nothing ..

No way Id give up on Subban for a rental player who by no means guarantees you a Cup. Even with Iginla, the Bs still have to get past Pittsburgh, Chicago and a host of other teams that have similar Cup aspirations.

Even though Subban is a few years away from being NHL ready, the Bs could lose both Rask and Khudobin next year. I dont think it is a good idea to give up on Subban unless you are getting a NHL caliber goalie back in a multi-player deal.

Giving up Spooner and some other AHL prospects for Iginla is more along the lines Id prefer to see the Bs go. Maybe they can influence Calgary to take Caron back in the deal...must be lots of NHL teams looking for perfect positional players who make few mistakes.