Some NYRs Fed Up With Tortorella - Asham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Some NYRs Fed Up With Tortorella - Asham

Dear Vancouver Canucks,

Not that the following is a certainty but please read anyway:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/18/arron-asham-some-rangers-were-fed-up-with-john-tortorellas-act

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Some NYRs Fed Up With Tortorella - Asham

Torts in the same catagory as Keenan. Both good coaches but come with a short shelf life. Players hit the wall after a couple of years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Torts in the same catagory as Keenan. Both good coaches but come with a short shelf life. Players hit the wall after a couple of years.

I've read the same about Ken Hitchcock, zam.  It remains to be seen if Tortorella in this his third NHL stop will alter his adversarial style with the media and incendiary form with the players.  His bouts with Larry Brown may not have been prominent news in New York but I'd imagine anything similar will in Vancouver. 

Ex-Leaf coach Ron Wilson would have his own set-too's with the Toronto media from time to time and they weren't along the lines of Tortorella vs Brown - except maybe this one.  It starts at 1:28.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZrkcpOcFY

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's a good coach but he has a short shelf life because he demands the most out of his players and expects them to be accountable. These days, that doesnt last long with spoiled pro athletes. Just because Vigneault is there doesnt mean they will be better.

His tiffs with Larry Brooks got old, and they are both to blame for that because John has a short fuse and Larry loved to light it. Every week he would throw a job at Torts in his overrated Slap Shots column.

The way Torts treated Sam Rosen one day was uncalled for and Torts really came out looking bad on that one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

I've read the same about Ken Hitchcock, zam.  It remains to be seen if Tortorella in this his third NHL stop will alter his adversarial style with the media and incendiary form with the players.  His bouts with Larry Brown may not have been prominent news in New York but I'd imagine anything similar will in Vancouver. 

Ex-Leaf coach Ron Wilson would have his own set-too's with the Toronto media from time to time and they weren't along the lines of Tortorella vs Brown - except maybe this one.  It starts at 1:28.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZrkcpOcFY

Hitchcock has mellowed, he said it himself and the St. Louis Blues are a pretty darn good team. Wouldnt shock me to see Torts maybe not mellow as as much, but adjust his style a little more to fit the Canucks better. I think Torts a better coach can Vigneault, and thats not a slap at Vignault who I feel is good in his own right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think it's gonna be interesting to see how Torts gets rid of the country club atmosphere in Knuckleville. This team aren't just in for a culture change. It's gonna be a culture shock! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Sections
Shortcuts