Some positives so far...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Some positives so far...

1. Hamilton continues to impress, not only do I love seeing him jump into the play, he really picks the right times to do it.

2. Bergeron on face offs. 99.9% of the time when the face-off is out of the offensive zone you have to have your goalie back on the ice. Not with Bergeron. Julien kept Tuuka on the bench while the face off was in the neutral zone with Bergeron taking the face-off. He won it cleanly as he did all 3 towards the end of the game. That is not easy, all the other center is trying to do there is not let you win it cleanly. They could not. Very rare that you see that, speaks volumes of Bergerons ability to win face offs.

3. I don't think the B's have played anywhere near their game and yet they are only down 2 games to 1. I think they have beaten themselves more than Montreal, and that's a goods thing. I trust they will get it together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Some positives so far...

I would say that the Canadiens can't generate offense without breakaways or powerplays, but that's only a positive if they stop getting breakaways and scoring on the powerplay.

Krug, Hamilton, and Bergeron have all looked really good.

The biggest positive is that this is a 7 game series and the Canadiens have only won half as many games as they need to.  The Bruins can only get better, I think...?

Everything we know about this team tells us they will counter-punch and battle back.  They need to do it quickly.

But, they are one win away from going back to Boston with all of the momentum and home-ice advantage.

Bruins in 6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The B's played the worst game of the series in game #3 and only lost 3-2.I believe the Bruins will fix the d breakdowns and come out with some fire from the opening whistle,take game 4 and then its down to a 3 gamer.In Tuukka i trust.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No positives when you lose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I feel sorry for you in your black and white world. Were there no positives from last year's Cup run either? For one, I've really enjoyed this season and this series so far. It's 2-1 Montreal, not 4-1 Montreal. The Bruins haven't played close to their best, while one could argue the Habs have. All of the games have been close and we've seen this Bruins team play their best when they've had to. Well, now they have to... I expect them to take some motivation out of the game yesterday at least, and to be more "themselves" on Thursday.

Have fun with your "if it's not full it's empty" glass... :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Close the drapes and pull the covers up tight Bill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Not playing up to their own standards so far, their fault or the Habs , not mine.  Out gamed and probably out coached.  Time to show up in the first period.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

A big positive for me is the Bruins seem to be spending a lot more time in the offensive zone and creating more scoring chances than the Canadiens.  The results haven't been there yet, but Montreal hasn't exactly been suffocating them on defense.  I'm sure they'll see plenty of missed opportunities on film and hopefully they can make some adjustments for game 4.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Not playing up to their own standards so far, their fault or the Habs , not mine.  Out gamed and probably out coached.  Time to show up in the first period.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Abandoning their game plan due to fear of taking a penalty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

As long as they don't lose confidence and start doubting themselves.  Game four should tell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Positives.....I don't see the Habs as being able to step it up any more than they already have. This is all they have got and they are still barely surviving in the end. Should the b's find their extra gear more quickly than in the third period they is no reason they can't win three of the next 4 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Ok lets not candy coat this anymore there is no positives so far in this series,Bruins best players have not been there best players,or even close to it,Montreal has led for 107 min to the Bruins 11 so far in series,the big bad Bruins got knocked around like rag dolls last night.Haven't given up on them,still think they can win this series,but not playing the way they have so far.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Lots of press making a big deal about this 'can they win 3 out of4" thing.  Well, basic logic dictates 1 team would have to win Game 3, and it was the Habs.  If the Bs when Game 4 then, it's can either team win 2 out of 3?  It's silly and looking for stories.

Positives?  They won a game and are not down 3-0.  I'll take it ontologically.  

They could play like horse muck tomorrow and win; they could play their best game of the playoffs and lose.  If a team has 5 scoring chances all game and scores on 3 of them while another has 50 and scores on 1 of them, the 50 chance team gets the L, not the "style points W."  That's the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I was listening to some late night yob host on THE FAN 590 last night after the game. The guy said the way this series was going it WILL be a repeat of 1971 Habs vs Bruins with the powerhouse B's stumped by upstart Habs. My thoughts were since when was a 100 point team upstart? Because they finished 17 points behind their opponent?

Playoff teams don't go far without top-flight goaltending. Price is providing it. Rask, not so much so far but the usually stout Boston team D in front of him has been shaky. There's little this Bruins team hasn't experienced. We know they know what it takes to upgrade their form and reduce the costly defensive lapses displayed last night. When this happens they'll no longer assist the Habs in their own demise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Bruins are playing very well. They have lost due to a handful of key breakdowns but have generally carried the play. If I'm CJ I preach mental focus and details, and let the superior talent carry the day.