Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out

I think this teams top six is fine, not quite sure what the worry is all about. There are very few players who can "show up" for every playoff series, everyone is bound to have a bad one at times. Though the lack of motivated play was pretty dissapointing.

I can't see the Bruins making a splash. Parise is one of my favorite players but I can't see PC going out and signing a big name like that.

-Greg Campbell or Chris Kelly - can't see both coming back as much as a like 'em both
    -Benoit Pouliot
    -Paul Gaustad
    -Ryan Carter
    -Dominic Moore
    -Brandon Prust
    -Alexi Ponikarovsky
    -Travis Moen
    -Brandon Yip
    -Jordin Tootoo
    -P.A. Parenteau
    -Adam Hall
    -Marco Sturm
    -Samuel Pahlsson
    -Andrew Brunette
    -Tanner Glass
    -David Jones

With the returning players and players coming up through the system (although unproven), all this team really needs is depth. These guys could all be good fits on the third and fourth lines, or the press box.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out

What about David Jones from Colorado, he is a 220 lbs right winger who scored 20 goals this year and 27 the year before.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Parenteau would be a great fit with Seguin. Wouldn't bet my life on it happening but he has skill. Ponikorovsky is talented but just too inconsistent more my liking and wouldnt be much of an upgrade over Pouliot. I think Dominic Moore would be an ideal player on the 3rd line, he can work the power play also, I like his game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

We have to resign Kelly. He is the best fit for this team as a #3 center.  I want no part of Ponikarovsky. He is far too inconsistent. We need an upgrade on the wing. Paranteau could be a nice fit there. I would love to sign Parise, but I don't see that happening unless we move a top 6 forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out:
    [QUOTE]I think this teams top six is fine, not quite sure what the worry is all about. There are very few players who can "show up" for every playoff series, everyone is bound to have a bad one at times. Though the lack of motivated play was pretty dissapointing. I can't see the Bruins making a splash. Parise is one of my favorite players but I can't see PC going out and signing a big name like that. -Greg Campbell or Chris Kelly - can't see both coming back as much as a like 'em both -Benoit Pouliot -Paul Gaustad -Ryan Carter -Dominic Moore -Brandon Prust -Alexi Ponikarovsky -Travis Moen -Brandon Yip -Jordin Tootoo -P.A. Parenteau -Adam Hall -Marco Sturm -Samuel Pahlsson -Andrew Brunette -Tanner Glass With the returning players and players coming up through the system (although unproven), all this team really needs is depth. These guys could all be good fits on the third and fourth lines, or the press box.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

This is where I was going on the "realistic" thread.  A few guys on the list I really don't like, but I would be excited to see a number of them over Pouliot and Paille.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out:
    [QUOTE]We have to resign Kelly. He is the best fit for this team as a #3 center.  I want no part of Ponikarovsky. He is far too inconsistent. We need an upgrade on the wing. Paranteau could be a nice fit there. I would love to sign Parise, but I don't see that happening unless we move a top 6 forward.
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

We need to resign Kelly and Campbell - both perform important and valuable roles on the club and are versatile, Kelly especially.  Campbell often plays off the fourth line in the third period, he kills penalties, and he makes the fourth line click which is important as Thornton has been re-upped.

Assuming Horton is healthy in October, I'd sign Parise, play him with Bergeron and Seguin, run Marchand with Kelly and Peverley, and replace Paille with Pouliot, giving us a lot of guys who can shuffle up and down the lineup as needed ... depth.  Thomas would have to be moved to free up cap space - I think it's Tuukka's time, anyway, although Thomas will be in a contract year and probably will feel the need to prove himself once again.  Knight and Spooner would have a year in Providence and challenge for a spot in 2013-14.

Pipe dream?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I'd like to see Suter or Parise, PA could be an interesting addition also. We are pretty good with the cap space too, if i remember right, now that Savards $ is removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see Suter or Parise, PA could be an interesting addition also. We are pretty good with the cap space too, if i remember right, now that Savards $ is removed.
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

Pretty good cap space now. Next off season will require a lot of money though, with Seguin, Lucic, Horton needing contracts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Prust? We already have a guy who loses all his fights-campbell.

there are a few straight up pylons on that list.

Totoo?-crazy inuit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin. Show mohawkbruin's posts

David Jones would be ideal for 3 rd line wing, don't see Kelly coming back, Peverly, Caron, Jones could be a good 3 rd line, PC may have to kick the tires on Parise and Parenteau, he knows he didn't upgrade at the deadline after Pev and Hort were out, he must add a scoring winger, Campbell will be back, possibly Paille but time to dump Pouliot, defense seems set, with Hamilton in, maybe resign Motteau as depth, I would agree to trade Thomas, time to move on

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Prust? We already have a guy who loses all his fights-campbell. there are a few straight up pylons on that list.  Totoo?-crazy inuit.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Don't they have political correctness where you're from?
    I'm a little uncomfortable with that remark.

And I think Tootoo is one of the more exciting players in the league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually Moen would not be too bad for a stopgap. Only $1.5 million last year for a solid 3rd/4rth liner. As long as he does not have to play the role of the heavyweight or is forced into a role unsuited to him (like a top six spot), he is a good team guy who has won it all before.

Gaustad may be funny to have around after his ill-fated attempt at retribution for the Miller hit last year. I wonder if Lucic would beat him up in practice? Probably too expensive for a bottom 6 guy anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

For the people getting excited about David Jones, he is very Ryder-ish.  Except that he had a much, much, worse season than Ryder last year and was demoted to the 4th line at one point.  He has good hands and can shoot, but he needs to be set up.  He doesn't carry the puck and he is a pretty quiet player when not scoring.  Many people ran Ryder out of town for that same skill set.

Suter would be amazing, but it would cost Krejci, I think.  Nashville has no need for Thomas and the Bruins don't have the prospects to deal.

And yes, the comment about Tootoo's race is out of bounds.  Clean it up 86.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : Pretty good cap space now. Next off season will require a lot of money though, with Seguin, Lucic, Horton needing contracts.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

rfa, well paid 25 goal scorer in lucic as an rfa again, and a 25 goal scoring ufa with concussion problems who already makes $4M too.  I can see Seguin having a big year and going from 4M per up to 6.5M, but I wouldnt be paying up much more than the 4-4.5M that lucic and horton already make.

To your earlier comment that our top 6 is fine, that's true for a cup team only if we have a goalie putting up 950% save pct's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

"Crazy inuit" is bad? Everyone might as well sew their lips shut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]"Crazy inuit" is bad? Everyone might as well sew their lips shut.
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]
    The guy is an Inuit and he plays like he's crazy. Seems like an OK description to me too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Watching Parise in these playoffs just cements the fact that every team with $6M under the cap will be going after this guy, he's a bulldog out there.  The fact that he named Boston as a place he would love to play a few months back makes it that much harder to resist thinking of seeing him with Bergy and Seguin or Krejci/Seguin.  That would change the PP

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Watching Parise in these playoffs just cements the fact that every team with $6M under the cap will be going after this guy, he's a bulldog out there.  The fact that he named Boston as a place he would love to play a few months back makes it that much harder to resist thinking of seeing him with Bergy and Seguin or Krejci/Seguin.  That would change the PP
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    The trouble is he won't be signing anywhere for 6. Think closer to 8 than 6. He's a great player though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Not sure what inuit has to do with his craziness, so why call him a crazy inuit. Sorry, just trying on my pc hat there.
    I like Tootoo and if you've followed his story it's sad but you have to admire his battling back to play in the NHL again. I hope he stays on top of his issues.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure what inuit has to do with his craziness, so why call him a crazy inuit. Sorry, just trying on my pc hat there. I like Tootoo and if you've followed his story it's sad but you have to admire his battling back to play in the NHL again. I hope he stays on top of his issues.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    I like Tootoo and have no problem with him playing on the edge. He's playing the game that got him there. As I said, Inuit has nothing to do with his craziness. An Inuit is what he is. Is it that much different than calling Ryder a crazy Newfie? I've heard the players jokingly refer to him as such. I'm not trying to be argumentative and I really don't want to offend anyone either. I'm also a little worried that Badhab may try to get anyone that offends him banned and believe me, offending him is way easier than you think. Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Last year I had a man-crush on Erik Cole and the Habs got him. This year, my sights are on Gaustad at center and Moen at LW. Exactly the type of depth players the Bs need in order to give more balance to the lines.

I'm expecting Kelly is gone. Paille and Campbell are gone in order to clear some space. I can see Pouliot coming back as a cheap RW with some upside.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

jiri hudler is someone i would consider.  the adding depth vs a high end player argument is a little hard to quantify as if you add a first line player you also add depth to every other line do to the trickle down effect.

parise will get in the ballpark of what richards got, ie to much.  judging by the crop of free agents the only way the bruins make a splash is through a trade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : I like Tootoo and have no problem with him playing on the edge. He's playing the game that got him there. As I said, Inuit has nothing to do with his craziness. An Inuit is what he is. Is it that much different than calling Ryder a crazy Newfie? I've heard the players jokingly refer to him as such. I'm not trying to be argumentative and I really don't want to offend anyone either. I'm also a little worried that Badhab may try to get anyone that offends him banned and believe me, offending him is way easier than you think. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

No offense here I assure you. I kinda don't really care what people say as long as I don't sense malice behind it. I do put a ton of stock in people's actions. Words mean very little in the end.

Never thought of Ryder as crazy.

There are people on here that are easily offended????? Next you will tell me NAS is a cranky SOB :p

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : The trouble is he won't be signing anywhere for 6. Think closer to 8 than 6. He's a great player though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That's exactly it. Everyone gets a raise even if they stunk, which Parise most certainly did not this year. He'll likely get a sweet long term deal by someone. That's also why the likes of Kelly, Zanon, Campbell, Paille, or even Pouliot will not be signed for cheap or at a discount as some seem to think on these boards.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

anyone else here get the feeling that parise ends up in detroit?