Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out

inuit is not derogatory.
    "eskimo" is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Gaustad and Sturm, otherwise pass! Paille is history, I like his play but he sat the bench again this year along with some no shows.  Campbell is going to be eyed as a third line center by some other teams.  Keep Kelly if Horton does not come back!  Then let youth be served, it is a younger NHL now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out:
    anyone else here get the feeling that parise ends up in detroit?
    Posted by WalkTheLine

I hear rumours that the Canes will try to sign Parise AND Suter. It could certainly turn them into a contender overnight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : The trouble is he won't be signing anywhere for 6. Think closer to 8 than 6. He's a great player though.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Ok, say 7, who would you rather pay $1.5 M for Parise or 1.5M less to have krejci?  I would personally rather move seguin to the middle to play with Parise, slide horton down a line to start next year to ease him back in and then find out who plays with seguin/parise for the stretch run as season wears on.

I guess put it this way, I would rather have Parise than Krejci and Paille (this isnt a bash krejci type post either, I'm more pointing to the fact that bergy and seguin will be the 1st and 2nd centers on this team for atleast the next 5 yrs). 

The way I look at it, if you can trot out a 1st line with scoring punch and grit like that followed by bergy and his line w Z and Seids against the other teams top units, and be able to roll out a PP with that first line, we won't need to hope for a historic once in a lifetime goaltender performance to win the cup again.

I'm not even sure we need to dump krejci to get Parise either, just moving on from TT would probably do the trick (plus savvy's $).

I would rather take TT, Savvy, and Krejci's money (14.5M or so) and trade it for Suter and Parise straight up.  Obviously, that is not reality given terms etc, just saying a one year swap of those cap dollars we would be better served with tuukka suter parise.  Let's face, you can only play 1 goalie, so pick who you want to ride.  I bet St. Louis wishes they could cash in Halak's cap hit for a scorer right now!

Wow, my longest post ever, sorry for the bible recreation, I think I passed out for a minute there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : You're right.  And no matter what we do, we're going to be good.  I just realize the Thomas/Chara window is short, and I want to maximize it.  Kelly is the only player of that group that would take something of substance to replace imo.  So if it isn't him, it's going to have to be something else similar.  The others I think almost could be anyone, ie: any one of our rookies etc.  I'd include Peverley in that category as well.
    Posted by mattc355

Replacing Kelly will be the hardest no doubt. Here's a thought. We already have 2 excellent centers in Krecji and Bergeron. Why not slot Seguin at center as well and build on the wings? This is his natural position. Then the team has three top notch centers (like Pittsburgh) who can all score goals and be defensively responsible. Besides, its easier to find a winger then a good center. Perhaps the B's can dispense with the notion of needing a defensive third line center and go with three lines that can sustain offensive pressure? the best defense is playing most of the game in the offensive zone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : Ok, say 7, who would you rather pay $1.5 M for Parise or 1.5M less to have krejci?  I would personally rather move seguin to the middle to play with Parise, slide horton down a line to start next year to ease him back in and then find out who plays with seguin/parise for the stretch run as season wears on. I guess put it this way, I would rather have Parise than Krejci and Paille (this isnt a bash krejci type post either, I'm more pointing to the fact that bergy and seguin will be the 1st and 2nd centers on this team for atleast the next 5 yrs).  The way I look at it, if you can trot out a 1st line with scoring punch and grit like that followed by bergy and his line w Z and Seids against the other teams top units, and be able to roll out a PP with that first line, we won't need to hope for a historic once in a lifetime goaltender performance to win the cup again. I'm not even sure we need to dump krejci to get Parise either, just moving on from TT would probably do the trick (plus savvy's $). I would rather take TT, Savvy, and Krejci's money (14.5M or so) and trade it for Suter and Parise straight up.  Obviously, that is not reality given terms etc, just saying a one year swap of those cap dollars we would be better served with tuukka suter parise.  Let's face, you can only play 1 goalie, so pick who you want to ride.  I bet St. Louis wishes they could cash in Halak's cap hit for a scorer right now! Wow, my longest post ever, sorry for the bible recreation, I think I passed out for a minute there.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

That's Ok. It's good stuff and trust me, you don't need to sell me on Parise. I like his game and think he's an example of a player that is better than his numbers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : That's Ok. It's good stuff and trust me, you don't need to sell me on Parise. I like his game and think he's an example of a player that is better than his numbers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

That's what made B's so good last playoff run, when a certain guy wasn't producing on the sheet, he was chipping in off the sheet with forechecking, D, playing the body, blocking shots, effort stuff.  Parise is one of those guys who digs, he can put up 45, but if he doesn't, he won't be useless like many skilled guys. 

I like everything PC has done to this point, was so happy he didn't blow money last season on the likes of Wiz for 5.5M etc.  However, I would like to change the conservative nature this year if an opportunity to get Suter or Parise (especially Parise) arises.  I hope we don't sit on our cap space and play it too conservative.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"Crazy inuit" is bad? Everyone might as well sew their lips shut.
    Posted by RawrBear

C'mon, don't play dumb.  If you're putting a guy down and you feel the need to mention his ethnicity as part of that, its out of line.

Would you say that the Bruins shouldn't sign player X because he's a crazy Jew?

What's the difference?  Pointing out that he's Inuit is fine.  Suggesting that he's crazy because he's Inuit isn't.

And if you look at my posting history you'll see I'm no PC preacher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : I like Tootoo and have no problem with him playing on the edge. He's playing the game that got him there. As I said, Inuit has nothing to do with his craziness. An Inuit is what he is. Is it that much different than calling Ryder a crazy Newfie? I've heard the players jokingly refer to him as such. I'm not trying to be argumentative and I really don't want to offend anyone either. I'm also a little worried that Badhab may try to get anyone that offends him banned and believe me, offending him is way easier than you think. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi

Well, BDC agrees it was in bad taste.

And I can assure you, no one gets banned no matter what they do.

At most a post gets deleted.

The Communist was WAY out of line when he suggested that he(?) of a certain race would arrive with a ski mask and gun with an intent to rape - and he didn't get banned.  WAY out of line.

And the other clown marketing his crap on here is also WAY out of line, and he didn't get banned and I wrote to BDC saying he should be banned.  As his parting shot he quoted his website.  He'll probably be back next season.

Anyways, I think the free agent market is going to be good for the Bruins this year.  And I would love to see Tootoo in black and gold.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : I like Tootoo and have no problem with him playing on the edge. He's playing the game that got him there. As I said, Inuit has nothing to do with his craziness. An Inuit is what he is. Is it that much different than calling Ryder a crazy Newfie? I've heard the players jokingly refer to him as such. I'm not trying to be argumentative and I really don't want to offend anyone either. I'm also a little worried that Badhab may try to get anyone that offends him banned and believe me, offending him is way easier than you think. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi

And you're right.  I am a bit sensitive as I don't know how many of my posts were deleted for "offending" someone when all I did was either repeat their posts back to them or say the truth.  So if that's the way it's going to be, then the rules should apply to everyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I don't think there is a free agent that is out of the question for the Bruins.  At least there shouldn't be.  What is this, we have players to sign 2 years from now, so we must save the spot for them? NO.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Just because we sign a big ticket free agent doesn't mean we necessarily won't trade him next year.  Players like Lucic, Horton etc.  Play well and you will get re-signed.  And the big ticket free agent will be the one sent packing.  If we can squeeze it in capwise for this one year, I'd do it.  If it is avoided for any other reason, I don't get it.
    Posted by mattc355

No "big ticket" free agent signs anywhere, without a NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE in the contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

Orrthebest - probably the most interesting suggestion I've heard in a while, and I really like it. He can play both left and right wing, and won't be too expensive. 2.5 mill per year should do it. To those saying we NEED to re-sign Kelly, well, no, we don't. If he gets a contract offer that is above his value as a player, thank him and wish him well. Here is where Chiarelli's love for versatility comes into affect. Let's assume the top 2 lines are set. I think Kelly is gone, someone will overpay. I also think that Caron should be given a year of fourth line duty. With his size, he needs a year to learn how to grind. That leaves us with a fourth line (assuming Campbell re-signs, which I think he does), and one player on the third line. I like the thought of jones, bring him in and then try to give one of the kids a chance or bring in a stop gap. I think Spooner might just be ready. I would take a good hard look at Jones - Spooner - Peverley if you can sign a guy like Jones. If spooner doesn't look ready maybe give Jones - Peverley - Knight a look. If that doesn't work, finding a third line winger via trade shouldn't be too difficult

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : And you're right.  I am a bit sensitive as I don't know how many of my posts were deleted for "offending" someone when all I did was either repeat their posts back to them or say the truth.  So if that's the way it's going to be, then the rules should apply to everyone.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I only said you were "easily offended" to give you the gears. I didn't really think that (until now). Cheers to you, my sensitive friend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

(1) If we can not sign Kelly then Gaustad will be good center addition can win face offs and good size that will fit on the third line caron gaustad peverly

(2) Then sign Campbell and get either Tanner Glass or Tootoo for the fourth line duties

(3) We still have either sign or trade Rask and go with a the goalie tandem Thomas and Kudo, if do not sign Rask then 2 years from now the Bruins goalie situation will be very weak !!!!!!!!!!

(4) With this years 1st rd. pick we pursue a goalie or trade the pick for a good prospect goalie

(5) Turco sign to a 2 way contract can be good security but can a vet goalie be signed on 2 way contract, Turco can eventually be worked in as goalie coach for the bruins organization.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : And you're right.  I am a bit sensitive as I don't know how many of my posts were deleted for "offending" someone when all I did was either repeat their posts back to them or say the truth.  So if that's the way it's going to be, then the rules should apply to everyone.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Whew , I didn't know you were that sensitive. I have to watch what I post from now on. After calling you "irregular" I'm worried about my posts getting nullified.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Some realistic free agent names that Boston could seek out : Whew , I didn't know you were that sensitive. I have to watch what I post from now on. After calling you "irregular" I'm worried about my posts getting null ified.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

...grumbling and bitter sounds as I look for reading material on my way to the wter closet...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

(1) If we can not sign Kelly then Gaustad will be good center addition can win face offs and good size that will fit on the third line caron gaustad peverly (2) Then sign Campbell and get either Tanner Glass or Tootoo for the fourth line duties (3) We still have either sign or trade Rask and go with a the goalie tandem Thomas and Kudo, if do not sign Rask then 2 years from now the Bruins goalie situation will be very weak !!!!!!!!!! (4) With this years 1st rd. pick we pursue a goalie or trade the pick for a good prospect goalie (5) Turco sign to a 2 way contract can be good security but can a vet goalie be signed on 2 way contract, Turco can eventually be worked in as goalie coach for the bruins organization.
    Posted by boborielly224

i don't know why you're discussing this. tuukka is an RFA. sign or trade are pretty much his only two options. so, duh. 

they're going to sign him. not much of a question i dont think

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

This NYR Wash series just goes to show me how close the bruins are to dominating over the next 3-5 years if they land a guy like Parise.  Imagine us with a powerplay and the core in tact with the addition of Dougie as well?  I say forget planning for the cap to figure out how to resign horton, get Parise and go deep every year in the playoffs for a long time, and some of those will result in cups.

It feels a bit like the Pats over the past 5 years to me.  Pats are perenial top team who have seemed to waste some years by not using draft picks, not signing free agents on D etc and wasted a window with Brady at the helm.  B's are a piece or two away from being top of the NHL food chain, let's go for it!

Sections
Shortcuts