some realistic namse for UFA's and RFA's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

some realistic namse for UFA's and RFA's

I know their are bigger names out there but we need to be realistic :
    The players in bold are the one's I would go for.

UFA'a that can replace Rechhi:
    Jason Arnott
    Brooks Laich
    Erik Cole

RFA Ryan Callahan still mending from the broken leg but worth trading for and TJ Oshie is worth a shot to trade for. The NYR are persuing Richards ( DAL) so a good possibility Callahan can slip into the Bruins hand.

Marchand Bergeron Callahan can be a threatening line

If we don't sign Kaberle then some d man are available:

Pitkanen
    Wisniewski Jovanoski Andy Greene are UFA's then Zach Bogosian and Chris Campoli are RFA 's worth the shot to trade for.

Other notable UFA's of interest to replace Ryder:

UFA's: Tomas Fleischman Scottie Upshall Marcel Goc Joel Ward Vernon Fiddler Matt D'agostini Chad Larose Ville Leino Aaron Asham Pascal Dupuis Michael Rupp Maxime Talbot

RFA's; Ted Purcell Andrew Cogliano

Possible Bruins Line Up that i would like:

Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Callahan
    Kelly Seguin Peverly
    Paille Campbell Joel Ward

Chara Sieds
    Pitkanen Boychuk
    Ference Mcquaid

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: some realistic namse for UFA's and RFA's

Rangers have stated Callahan is the future captain.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

What about ?

Christian Ehrhoff -- Ehrhoff finished the regular season with a career-high 50 points. The 28-year-old was tied for sixth among defensemen with 14 goals in the regular season, which tied the career-best total he posted last season.
    Cap ATM 3.1m
    Him and Dennis S have played together for team Germany. I think this could be a good pick up chemistry right off the bat and this kid and put the puck in the net.
    Joni P has a Cap at 4m

Also for a winger, who are we going to replace Ryders gross contract with?
    Looking at the list and its pretty grim to be honest. Only like 2 people i would like to see in a Bruins uniform and even at that point i don't think its even worth it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No way does slats let Callahan walk he would match anything. I'm all for letting Ryder walk then let Sauve, Spooner and Caron battle it out and if they are not ready use the money later in November or December to make a trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I like Ehrhoff on D to replace Kaberle and a depth signing with tremendous speed or grit like a Joel Ward, Scottie Upshall, or Pascal Dupuis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ain't it great to have all this speculation when we have no idea what Chiarelli is thinking. Another thread would add Cam Barker to the available D-men. IMO the Recchi slot will be filled with Arneil or Caron, and not necessarily on Bergeron's line.I do not think that Chiarelli will put up with Slyder's lack of commitment every day. On defense IMO boychuck will be traded; Kaberle may be signed to a 2 year 2.5-3.0 deal, and an upscale defenseman will be acquired. With Khudoban signing in Russia, Timmy and Tuuka will be more of a tandem alternating more frequently. We will all comment about Claude needing an offensive labotomy, but , he was able to play his game because the Canucks tried to play a Bruins style with a number of Swedish trained players, and we all know what Cherry says.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Laich just got re-upped for 6 years by Washington. Ya, not the best news to wake up to.

Anyways, as far as the forward group goes, I say give Jussi Jokinen a look. But with the increase in the cap, he could get severely overpaid, something I wouldn't want to do (he's a late bloomer). If the money is right, then definitely go after him. For Cole, it's the same deal, but I have no doubt he'll get $4M+ from some team.

I'd also look into maybe bringing Simon Gagne in on a 2 Year deal, or so.

After that, there is a BIG drop off. Although, there are a lot of guys (Upshall, Glencross, etc.) that could be solid 3rd liners, at the right price. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: some realistic namse for UFA's and RFA's:
    [QUOTE]What about ? Christian Ehrhoff -- Ehrhoff finished the regular season with a career-high 50 points. The 28-year-old was tied for sixth among defensemen with 14 goals in the regular season, which tied the career-best total he posted last season. Cap ATM 3.1m Him and Dennis S have played together for team Germany. I think this could be a good pick up chemistry right off the bat and this kid and put the puck in the net. Joni P has a Cap at 4m Also for a winger, who are we going to replace Ryders gross contract with? Looking at the list and its pretty grim to be honest. Only like 2 people i would like to see in a Bruins uniform and even at that point i don't think its even worth it.
    Posted by G4ck5[/QUOTE]
    Ya, unless you want to shell out 5-6 Years at around $5-6M/YR. It's not far-fetched to think he'll get that. His agent is in a good position to demand those numbers, given how his offensive #'s are better than virtually everyone out there. Plus, he's 28/29, I believe, and still in his prime, as far as age is concerned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: some realistic namse for UFA's and RFA's:[QUOTE]I like Ehrhoff on D to replace Kaberle and a depth signing with tremendous speed or grit like a Joel Ward, Scottie Upshall, or Pascal Dupuis. Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Siedenberg wouldn't mind it. Christian is only 28 just had a 14 goal season plus what a slap that would be to Gillis by Chiarelli.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Gagne at reasonable (read: oft-injured, declining veteran) money would be interesting as a Recchi replacement.  Gagne's a former Olympian with a nose for big goals, and the Bruins would win a few more games just because he wasn't killing them with another team.  Chances are he gets more than $1.9M elsewhere, so....

Every year, someone goes on e-harmony and types "looking for Erik Cole type...so if you are Erik Cole, call me!"  I have never understood the fascination.  I also didn't sag when seeing Laich sign with Washington.  Would you pay him more than Lucic - more than any forward on the team not named Bergeron?  I wouldn't.  So hasta la pizza.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I care nothing for Laich.  The Bruins need to find cheap talent, not someone who is overpaid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I would be shocked if Ehrhoff made it to midnight, June 30 without signing a new contract with the Canucks.  He's an integral part of the Canucks' blueline.  With Juice re-upped for 5 years, expect a similar deal for Ehrhoff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Add me to the Erik Cole bandwagon. Thornton's role is going to be reduced, Savard ain't walking through that door, Ryder is gone and Recchi is done, so it never hurts to make sure there's a healthy mix of young talent and veteran presence.

Cole (or Arnott for that matter) fit the bill for me.

Sure, Cole's no longer a high-end guy, but it's a realistic signing and a great fit. 26 goals is nothing to scoff at, and he wouldn't have to carry his line. Just be physical, be solid in his own end and get to the net. If it's not clicking with Bergeron, Cole fits well in Ryder's Line #3 slot as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

Bruins do not have to do anything they dont want to do, for once NO PRESSURE, why sign Ehrhoff, he was horrible for Van in finals, he dont fit the Bruins team mold, and why the hell would Thornton's role be reduced, who was the scratch most of last season, Paille, why? because the Bruins have players like him that can kill penalties, Thornton is what u need all sesaon long, u dont win without a balance of toughness and skill, people can complain about fighting and toughness all day but in the real hockey world the Bruins were tougher then the Canucks, they didnt get worn down as fast as the Canucks, not saying Bruins won the cup only because of Thornton, but besides him who else had the Cup experience, only Recchi, hes gone, long story short, short term contracts is what is needed, maybe Gagne 1 year 4 mill, then u move guys in this year like Caron, Knight, Spooner, that is how u win long term, Chiarelli knows this, the core is signed and u add a few pieces then blend in some rookies, this year, Marchand, McQuaid and Seguin all rookies, we cant give guys like Ehrhoff a long term deal, big mistake, that is why Kaberle and Ryder will be gone, and I wont miss them

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Joel Ward.  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

OK, so I was dead wrong about Ehrhoff.  The Canucks offered him $ in the same range as Hamhuis/Bieksa, and he declined.  They got a 4th round pick from the Isles for the right to negotiate with him for 3 days.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

UFA = Jason Arnott

If he accepts $3m/yr