Some size needed up front

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Re: Some size needed up front

The amount of time Bourque spent picking himself off the ice reminded me of steve heinze.  I hope he's got more to show us.  What I've seen so far is that he doesn't belong on this team.  Regardless of what line he's on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Here's what size means. A few years back, Daniel Biere - then with Buffalo - destroyed the Phlyers almost single-handedly. So what does Philly do, they sign him as a free agent. He was a big part of their Stanley Cup run that ended in Chicago. (top point getter in the playoffs) It's the size of the game in the man, not the size of the man in the game.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

How is it nobody is calling for Sauve to get another shot? He was the best player on the ice in the Bos/Prov game.

I thought about him, but I remember a somewhat knowledgeable poster (possibly You), stating that the kid is out of place on the wing.  Do you think he would perform well in Bourque's position?  Do you think it would be a good idea to let him Center Kelly and Peverley?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

How is it nobody is calling for Sauve to get another shot? He was the best player on the ice in the Bos/Prov game.

I thought about him, but I remember a somewhat knowledgeable poster (possibly You), stating that the kid is out of place on the wing.  Do you think he would perform well in Bourque's position?  Do you think it would be a good idea to let him Center Kelly and Peverley?

It wasn't me who said it Ricky as I thought the wing was his natural position. In all honesty though, I'm basing my opinion of him on his most recent performance in the Bos-Prov game. He looked like a player that has made significant gains in his game since I last saw him. Cheers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

Watching the third line for the B's is evident that they need some size added to the Kelly Peverley line.  Bourque Jr. is way to easy to knock off the puck.  Perhaps giving MacDermid a good chance would open some space up for the other two.  The Marchand line is already a little on the small size now two lines of midgets, that is not intimidating anybody.

Is kind of early but think i would agree about Bourque

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well the NYR trumped my Arnott idea.  He's a great fit for any 3rd line.  He was my pick. Back to the drawing board. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The contract is for $1.6 million. The B's do not have the cap space for this. Good idea, though...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

The contract is for $1.6 million. The B's do not have the cap space for this. Good idea, though...

Sure they do.  With savrads ltir status they have some wiggle room.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I believe PC is holding Savards LTIR status in his back pocket until absolutely necessary or to laod up for a cup run if possible. Right now, Arnott would be a significant upgrade over AHLer Bourque but it is not essential to replace him at this point.......yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I believe PC is holding Savards LTIR status in his back pocket until absolutely necessary or to laod up for a cup run if possible. Right now, Arnott would be a significant upgrade over AHLer Bourque but it is not essential to replace him at this point.......yet.

Can we not use TT cash as well.  I'm sure they are waiting.  And they are winning so I don't mind waiting to add on.  Teams will be in sell mode.  Caps have a few bodies I'd try to snag if they keep losing.  Chimera being one.  Hamrlick being the other.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Can we not use TT cash as well.  I'm sure they are waiting.  And they are winning so I don't mind waiting to add on.  Teams will be in sell mode.  Caps have a few bodies I'd try to snag if they keep losing.  Chimera being one.  Hamrlick being the other.  

Or maybe even Ovechkin but I doubt there will be many takers for his contract.....lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Or maybe even Ovechkin but I doubt there will be many takers for his contract.....lol.

Hard to believe we are watching him turn into Yashin before our eyes. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

oh well Shupe your wishlist has been ignored, Arnott signing for almost 2M with the Rags

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

oh well Shupe your wishlist has been ignored, Arnott signing for almost 2M with the Rags

yeah I know.  We've been chatting about it.  Good find for the rangers.