Someone explain the negativity toward Rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Someone explain the negativity toward Rask

Some, not all, have been claiming that Rask hasn't been playing well. 

Explain that to me. 

In my opinion he has given up 1 really bad goal on the wrister by Rene B. both subban goals were rockets he couldn't see. The 3rd MTL goal in game one was a tough save too. 

Today he had no chance on the first goal and on the Vanek tip in as well. 

So MTL is getting very good shots off and quality chances and that's Rask's fault? 

I don't get it

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Someone explain the negativity toward Rask

For some Tuukka will forever live in the shadow of TT,too bad really.Until he wins a Cup,some people will always find fault in his game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Subban's goals weren't rockets. But I also don't blame Rask.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think it is more that Rask is so good (some of the best numbers for any goaltender with at least 100 games played since 2009) that people just expect him to save everything all the time. And when he shows that he is human, heaven forbid, those same people are just incredulous that he not go 0.00 with a 1.000% save % all the time, every time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I believe some people think because of his contract he should stop every puck shot at him, a ridiculous notion. The guy is fantastic.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe some people think because of his contract he should stop every puck shot at him, a ridiculous notion. The guy is fantastic.  

[/QUOTE]

Good point. I remember when he signed, it was the source of much contention on these boards.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One of em was, I cant remember which

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

until today Rask had never won a single game at the Garden against the scabs...it was about time ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One of em was, I cant remember which

[/QUOTE]

Winning OT goal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Besides CBC who thinks he's bad?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't blame a goalie during a PP, he didn't put the team there. The team is down a man.

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Besides CBC who thinks he's bad?  

[/QUOTE]

I was watching NBC. Was CBC giving it to Rask or what?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Joe,

Those who know what they're talking about aren't down on Rask.

Those who want to be heard talking think he's been average.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think joe's speaking about people on the board who were critical after the last game.  The only anti-Rask I've heard on the CBC has been Healy saying things like "plant a seed of doubt" etc. implying that maybe Rask has a mental block about beating Montreal or that boy, he has a real chance at redemption by holding the 4-3 because his team bailed him out.

And, of course, there's the ghost of shuperman....

Are you not entertained?!?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only anti-Rask I've heard on the CBC has been Healy saying things like "plant a seed of doubt" etc. implying that maybe Rask has a mental block about beating Montreal or that boy, he has a real chance at redemption by holding the 4-3 because his team bailed him out.

[/QUOTE]

The downside of being the best.....people think he has to be superhuman every game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Rask is best Goalie in NHL - had a shaky game 1.  Was better today.

Defense.  It is still important.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

People were negative on Rask because they are negative while the B's are losing, after they lose etc...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some, not all, have been claiming that Rask hasn't been playing well. 

Explain that to me. 

In my opinion he has given up 1 really bad goal on the wrister by Rene B. both subban goals were rockets he couldn't see. The 3rd MTL goal in game one was a tough save too. 

Today he had no chance on the first goal and on the Vanek tip in as well. 

So MTL is getting very good shots off and quality chances and that's Rask's fault? 

I don't get it

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

It's kind of been a pattern this year, and even in big situations.  Short side goals from both the halfwall and on the rush have been a problem.  None more obvious than the one from Doughty during the Olympics in the quarterfinals.  That was bad.  So, it's not unwarranted.

In all fairness though, TT went through the same thing and won a Cup.  So hopefully Rask can do that too.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

For some Tuukka will forever live in the shadow of TT,too bad really.Until he wins a Cup,some people will always find fault in his game.

The same people were finding fault with TT's game the year the B's won the Cup.  The B's scored one goal in the first two games vs Montreal in '11 and there were people who wanted CJ to start Rask.  Was TT supposed to score goals too?  Even in the Conference Finals vs TB, some posters were saying TT looked tired and should sit a game whenever he let in a five-hole goal. 

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

He has been quite mediocre this series and we should be down 2-0. I still want him in goal though. He's a great player 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

When you look at the series it is tied because of Price, not because of Rask...we are used to saying we are winning the series or tied in the series because of Rask....instead it's the other team's goalie who is the star right now. I like Rask, I think he is special, but I don't think he is playing as well as he usually does or as well as we will need him to play to win this series. I'm assuming that will change because he's too good not to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's kind of been a pattern this year, and even in big situations.  Short side goals from both the halfwall and on the rush have been a problem.  None more obvious than the one from Doughty during the Olympics in the quarterfinals.  That was bad.  So, it's not unwarranted.

In all fairness though, TT went through the same thing and won a Cup.  So hopefully Rask can do that too.

[/QUOTE]

You know what the pattern has been this year?  The Bruins winning because Rask is keeping pucks out of the net.  Yeah, he will let some pucks get by him.  It turns out he's...get ready for this...HUMAN.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I wish shupe would shut up about this too.  Guy's been driving me nuts recently.  Broken record.

Really broken...