Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth

If the Bs start doing this we all know that they will end up in the penalty box!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to be on the otherside of this argument. I love his nastiness and wish more guys on this team would do it the way he does it, especially Chara. It's tough(except for today) to get a net front presence because he is always hacking away. Refs usually allow that to go. When was the last time Chara did stuff like that. It's not like it's some terrible terrible thing. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

callo - That element of woodchopping adds to the nervousness of playing against Pronger.  Let's face it.  The Flyers are stronger with than without him in the lineup.  Chara is a more physically awesome specimen than Pronger.  I'd imagine there are plenty of players who don't want to go into a corner with this guy but if that extra bit of Pronger-like fear was added to his game, guys would probably give him an even wider berth than any they do now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]He's still a winner! 3 of his 5 teams didn't get to the finals by coincidence. He didn't get chosen to play on Olympic & World Cup teams because he's a "cheapshot artists!"
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Yes, but he gets way too much license.  As another author on this page put it - punch him in the mouth and see what he does.  He'll back down and complain to the referee.  The Bruins should take advantage of him - he's not good defensively and he's still hurt.  Make him use his hand if he wants to be mr. physical.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I would like to see chara drop the gloves with him. Would be a fair 5 min trade off our best d man for theirs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth : Yes, but he gets way too much license.  As another author on this page put it - punch him in the mouth and see what he does.  He'll back down and complain to the referee.  The Bruins should take advantage of him - he's not good defensively and he's still hurt.  Make him use his hand if he wants to be mr. physical.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree he does get too much license. WHY? Because he imposes fear into the opposition. He goes where others won't! The only time you see Pronger lose battles is when he's stood up to. Big Dusty last year is a prime example! And I'd take him on my team too! Pronger is mean & dirty & nasty! I F'n love it! This is what's missing from Chara's game on a consistent basis! When he plays with that edge? Very few in the league can match him. Chara needs to bring more of Pronger's bite, more of his snarl! This is what Captains that are his size are supposed to do!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth : Bobby Clarke was a winner too. That doesn't mean he isn't a cheapshot artist.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

What the heck Dez! I thought you were a tough maritimer? A New Brunswickin for that matter! You sound like you only like hockey from the Spenglar Cup!!! Were you a prima dona "don't you hit me!" type of player? You wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds in front of my crease I can tell ya that! LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

nite mare agree with what you said. I think if PC would have aquired him at the deadline in 2009 I think we would have won the cup that year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth : What the heck Dez! I thought you were a tough maritimer? A New Brunswickin for that matter! You sound like you only like hockey from the Spenglar Cup!!! Were you a prima dona "don't you hit me!" type of player? You wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds in front of my crease I can tell ya that! LOL
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Nite, I hate to say that I played a hit and run game similar to what Richards likes to do.For that reason,I've got a few scars from all of the guys that beat the crap out of me.I was a real dick on the ice and it earned me no friends.Perhaps that makes me a good judge of what a weasel on the ice looks like or maybe it just makes me a hypocrite.Either way,I'm really looking forward to seeing Pronger,Richards and Hartnell bleeding all over the ice.BTW,I would've run you over as I pretended to lose track of where I was in the zone.....lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Pronger is nothing short of a goon nowadays...except he won't fight.  He hides behind his stick and the refs.  Marchand is doing a good job at getting under his skin a bit.  I'm a little suprised at that matchup though.  I'd like to see Looch out there against Pronger.  He's probably the only forward that could punish Pronger in the corners.  I'd certainly like to see McQuaid or Boychuck punish him for pinching too.  Someone needs to send this guy a message.  The Paille slash irritated me.  When the Flyers put him upfront on the 5-3, his stickwork on Chara was also irritating me. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerrharr. Show gerrharr's posts

And how about the constant yapping at the officials the entire game? It seemed like almost every shift following a whistle there was Pronger chewing a ref's ear off. 

Love his reaction after his weak clearing attempt turned into Marchand's goal though - he couldn't complain to anyone else on that one...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Yeah he puts on a cross checking clinic
    I don't know how he gets away with it?
    He has always been  a dirty player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IGreat idea, they would! Bobby Clarke would
    He looks slow and old!n Response to Re: Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth:
    [QUOTE]Pronger is a nasty F.  Someone needs to take a slash at that broken hand. 
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]There is a difference between being nasty and a dirty cheap shot artist, he is the latter.  
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

Indeed, when he's on my team he's "being nasty". When he's on your team, he's a "cheap shot artist".

Bruins fans would LOVE Pronger if he played in Boston. He epitomizes the type of hard-nozed, smash-em-in-the-mouth game that sells (and wins games) in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chara is nasty without being a cheap shot artist. Pronger isn't nasty because he is cheap so that leads me to say I would never want Chris's sad act in Boston. Now Subban I would take in a heart beat because he's young and could be talked n coached to cut that stuff out. Pronger is an ego maniacal press clip reading NHL version of "The Donald".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Here's the bottom line: Pronger is nothing but an over-rated, whining, cheap p*ke.  You wanna play like that, fine.  Just back it up.  Even with a good hand, I'd put EVERY cent I own that Pronger wouldn't even THINK of dropping the gloves.  In my book, that makes him a gutless p*ssy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kennedy is a closet bruins fan....welcome aboard kennedy, you can come "out of the closet" now. i mean if there was a yankee fan who spent his/her day talking baseball with a bosox fans- there would have to be questions right? if a guy had nothing but friends that were girls...one might question his sexuality(not yours kennedy). or the same vice versa. a democrat who spends his day conversing with republicans? just sayin'. if one more b's fan uses the phrase "you're a sensible poster kennedy"- i'm going to get sick. you're our token hab fan, that is maybe a bit "confused".  don't be afraid to show the true kennedy, you'll feel a lot better when you're finally become true to yourself. always room in the world for another b's fan. heck, you're already a bigger fan of the b's, than some of our own fans! now...let us hear how "you just like to talk hockey...WITH BRUIN FANS!"-  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]kennedy is a closet bruins fan....welcome aboard kennedy, you can come "out of the closet" now. i mean if there was a yankee fan who spent his/her day talking baseball with a bosox fans- there would have to be questions right? if a guy had nothing but friends that were girls...one might question his sexuality(not yours kennedy). or the same vice versa. a democrat who spends his day conversing with republicans? just sayin'. if one more b's fan uses the phrase "you're a sensible poster kennedy"- i'm going to get sick. you're our token hab fan, that is maybe a bit "confused".  don't be afraid to show the true kennedy, you'll feel a lot better when you're finally become true to yourself. always room in the world for another b's fan. heck, you're already a bigger fan of the b's, than some of our own fans! now...let us hear how "you just like to talk hockey...WITH BRUIN FANS!"-  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

ADK, considering you seem to be my personal worshipper here (aka "obsessed stalker with a mancrush longer than Chara's left pantleg") I'm surprised you missed my several posts explaining why I'm here. Even though I'm a Montreal fan, I respect the Bruins, am from Maine (it's that state next to New Hampshire) and don't write or speak well in French. And despite your increasing attempt to change the perception,, the hockey talk here is by and large better than it is on the Montreal board.

Keep stalking me, ADK. The more you read my posts, the greater chance that the quality rubs off, and the more likely it is you make a few more intelligent-sounding ones in the near future.Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Also, ADK...usually, it's small-minded people who aren't able to converse with those who don't share their opinions. Just sayin'.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

[QUOTE]Also, ADK...usually, it's small-minded people who aren't able to converse with those who don't share their opinions. Just sayin'.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Well, Kennedy, I can't believe I'm saying this to a fan of the team I despise the most....but, I respect your objective posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

don't flatter youself kennedy, we've agreed and disagreed on many threads.  i have trouble with a fan of the habs coming on to a bruins site, and telling their fans they are homers.  what do you think are here? all that means is you're here to stir the pot.  if your real intention is to "talk hockey"- you should try nhl.com, or some other nuetral site. keep up the quality posts though, i know you're very fond of them. i'll keep reading hoping one day learn something. the greatest thing the devil ever did was convince the world he didn't exist. think about it b's fans- a SENSIBLE habs fan? you've let him in our world.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrPingu. Show MrPingu's posts

Punch in the mouth??? How about run him, slam him on every play, stand up to the a hole and never back down from his arrogant style of intimidation. The guy is an idiot. Bruin forwards need to have balls and give this jerk a good going over. He will take penalties and cost his team every time. More

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Problem is Pronger doesn't seem to have himself in a position to be hit.  I can't recall the last time I saw a forward bear down on him and paste him to the boards.  (Probably because he seems to regularly brandish his stick as if it were a sword.) 

I think the Bruins should and will drill him at whatever chance presents itself especially with the knowledge of his hand not being completely healed.  Let's hope Julien and staff have placed a bulls-eye on Pronger as much as the Flyers have surely got stuff aimed at Chara as each is integral to the success of their teams.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cymbolicnoise. Show cymbolicnoise's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth : Paille did nothing, obviously a home town call for the fan favorite.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    actually, nhl rules are that the defenseive player(paille) can't make contact with a player when a icing is called.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone needs to punch Pronger in the mouth : actually, nhl rules are that the defenseive player(paille) can't make contact with a player when a icing is called.
    Posted by cymbolicnoise[/QUOTE]

That may be true, but how would Paille know it was icing when Pronger never touched the puck?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The Flyers just play different when Pronger and Richards play with an edge... so they do it all the time. We know Lucic seems to play better as well, he jsut doesn't always bring that side of his game (or CJ stifles it?)

Sections
Shortcuts