Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again

Take this punk out Looch!  Good player but also a headhunter who needs to learn early in this series that he won't get away with it again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again

I was thinking the same thing, but I want Boychuck to line him up at mid ice and knock the snot out of him. And it has to happen in this first game. 

n Response to Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again:
    [QUOTE]Take this punk out Looch!  Good player but also a headhunter who needs to learn early in this series that he won't get away with it again.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I like that they're not playing Krejci against his line.  I didn't quite catch who was playing against Richards line but who ever it was, they did a good job.

Chara is looking better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

It was Bergeron's line. They did a good job!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

yes you are right richards is a little sneak along with pronger he is taking to many liberties and must be slashed or hit back even if it is a penalty so what the bs have to set that right away in game 2. even though they went 0-5 i thought they moved the puck well i know they did not score but did move it well hey guys as long as boucher plays like that we may be the only nhl team to win a 2nd series in a row without scoring a pp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Yup. My only concern in this series is injuries. These dogs are obviously out to injure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

like a said in other posts let the hunter be hunted 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, I love what Marchand said post-game: There's some pretty dirty stuff going on out there on both sides.

As in, we aren't taking the high road against these idiots.  The want to get in the gutter, the Bruins will beat them in the gutter.  And we know Lucic isn't above the, shall we say, "edgy" play?

You aren't going to get Richards clean - he knows he has a target on him.  It's going to have to be something borderline, maybe suspendable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again:
    [QUOTE]Hey, I love what Marchand said post-game: There's some pretty dirty stuff going on out there on both sides. As in, we aren't taking the high road against these idiots.  The want to get in the gutter, the Bruins will beat them in the gutter.  And we know Lucic isn't above the, shall we say, "edgy" play? You aren't going to get Richards clean - he knows he has a target on him.  It's going to have to be something borderline, maybe suspendable.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Book,I hate to say I was thinking I wouldn't mind if say,McQuaid or Boychuck or Thornton,got a couple of games for running him like he did to David Booth. Live by the sword........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : Yeah Book,I hate to say I was thinking I wouldn't mind if say,McQuaid or Boychuck or Thornton,got a couple of games for running him like he did to David Booth. Live by the sword........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]Booth? What about what he did to Connolly 6 days ago? Should have been suspended for Game 7. B's better get him before he gets one of their skill guys...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : Booth? What about what he did to Connolly 6 days ago? Should have been suspended for Game 7. B's better get him before he gets one of their skill guys...
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]
    All I meant was I'd like to see him knocked out!He's a dirt bag on skates.Philly seems to have a collection of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : All I meant was I'd like to see him knocked out!He's a dirt bag on skates.Philly seems to have a collection of them.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    and always have!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think Brad said it perfectly.  T it for Tat.  Both giving and receiving.

First off I totally understand getting pumped up and trashing the team standing in the way of the Bruins.  I get it.  I enjoy people coming on here and venting.  Even when its just outta sheer anger. 
    What I don't understand and maybe I never will is how people can't read a lot of the posts and shake their heads sometimes and laugh a little. 

I mean I love being a Bruin fan but I am also not blind to everything that goes on out there.  Every team we play are the worst, the dirtiest, the biggest divers, out to hurt people.  etc etc etc etc etc.

Do people realize that this group of Bruins are no angels when it comes to this type of warfare.  Its like saying the US play fair in war. 

I am gonna do a quick breakdown of some of Bruin events as unbiased fan of hockey in regards to this team(recognizing that I am a Bruins fan).
    Round 1.  Habs vs Bruins.  Montreal all dive, are dirty and the refs are paid to call penalties against us.  Thats what I read for two weeks.  (On top of the people who thought they were done after 2 games). 
    From a fans perspective- The 1st 5 games were pretty much even in penalties.  Game 6 was the big one.  But when you do a break down of the penalties it really wasnt that bad.  Lucic deserved his penalty and Bergie flips the puck over the boards.  There were a few oscar awards for sure.  But we had a few as well.  I saw Z diving in game 7.   The Ference double play.  1st he gives the fans the finger, lies about it and then hits Halpren.  He meant to do it.  Cherry said it perfectly tonight as did Mike Peca(no angel himself/but respected leader in his playing day). Lucic running buddy from behind, Horton cross checking PK every chance he could. Big Bad Bruins
    I think the Bruins have a very honest team but sometimes when you read the posts on here it makes me cringe.  Had Philly jumped Bergie/Recchi/Marchand with their goon squad similar how we beat up 5 non-fighters(Habs) how would that be received on here?  Just curious.  I know "they deserved it" is what I will hear.  But really...think about it.

Round 2.  Boston vs Philly.  Richards, Pronger, Carcillo, Hartnell, Versteeg.  The main guys Bruins fans love to hate.  Personally I would love everyone of them.  We almost had Pronger a few yrs back by the way.  We likely would be still hungover with the twin towers winning us a cup. Are all 5 of these guys dirty?  yes they are.  But the Bruins match them as well in war.  Lucic sucker punch, Chara cross check.  The reason I like a lot of the Flyer players is b/c I think they play a style very similar to ours.  When you look at our roster from this year and last we had Begin(maybe my most hated hab ever) but in a Bruins uni is this honorable player...news flash people.  He will always be a grease ball.  Marchand- great rookie year and definitely a promising player, but he has always(dating back as far as I have followed him in NS) has been a dirty and chippy player.  
    In this series in one game all I have heard is how dirty they are and looking to injure.  Yet Lucic sucker punches a guy with an an outstanding left and all of a sudden its needed.  Oh and the refs are in favor of Philly.  5-2 edge PP for Boston while the game was semi close.  Just for those playing along at home.  Yes we ended up getting a bunch at the end but the game was in hand.  And yes Philly are dirty, yes they play on the edge. But guess what. So do the Bruins.    

Anyway, this is long winded.  And I was frustrated at some of the posts lately.  I come here to talk hockey and stir the pot with a different point of view.  I never attack anyone and can give as good as I get.  I think the majority of the people here are solid and I would be the 1st to buy most on here the 1st round of Keiths.  There are a few in particular that I debate with constantly.  Callo and I have had very heated arguments and we just don't see eye to eye.  No sweat.  He has become one of my favorites b/c of his anti-shuperman stance.  

If I challenge what you write please don't take offense.  But I stayed off here for a few days on purpose.  So if you write something I think is smelly you are gonna hear from me.  And I expect the same in return.  Bring your A Game.  After all, this is the playoffs!!!!  

Cheers Fellas.  Huge Win Today. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I think Brad said it perfectly.  T it for Tat.  Both giving and receiving. First off I totally understand getting pumped up and trashing the team standing in the way of the Bruins.  I get it.  I enjoy people coming on here and venting.  Even when its just outta sheer anger.  What I don't understand and maybe I never will is how people can't read a lot of the posts and shake their heads sometimes and laugh a little.  I mean I love being a Bruin fan but I am also not blind to everything that goes on out there.  Every team we play are the worst, the dirtiest, the biggest divers, out to hurt people.  etc etc etc etc etc. Do people realize that this group of Bruins are no angels when it comes to this type of warfare.  Its like saying the US play fair in war.  I am gonna do a quick breakdown of some of Bruin events as unbiased fan of hockey in regards to this team(recognizing that I am a Bruins fan). Round 1.  Habs vs Bruins.  Montreal all dive, are dirty and the refs are paid to call penalties against us.  Thats what I read for two weeks.  (On top of the people who thought they were done after 2 games).  From a fans perspective- The 1st 5 games were pretty much even in penalties.  Game 6 was the big one.  But when you do a break down of the penalties it really wasnt that bad.  Lucic deserved his penalty and Bergie flips the puck over the boards.  There were a few oscar awards for sure.  But we had a few as well.  I saw Z diving in game 7.   The Ference double play.  1st he gives the fans the finger, lies about it and then hits Halpren.  He meant to do it.  Cherry said it perfectly tonight as did Mike Peca(no angel himself/but respected leader in his playing day). Lucic running buddy from behind, Horton cross checking PK every chance he could. Big Bad Bruins I think the Bruins have a very honest team but sometimes when you read the posts on here it makes me cringe.  Had Philly jumped Bergie/Recchi/Marchand with their goon squad similar how we beat up 5 non-fighters(Habs) how would that be received on here?  Just curious.  I know "they deserved it" is what I will hear.  But really...think about it. Round 2.  Boston vs Philly.  Richards, Pronger, Carcillo, Hartnell, Versteeg.  The main guys Bruins fans love to hate.  Personally I would love everyone of them.  We almost had Pronger a few yrs back by the way.  We likely would be still hungover with the twin towers winning us a cup. Are all 5 of these guys dirty?  yes they are.  But the Bruins match them as well in war.  Lucic sucker punch, Chara cross check.  The reason I like a lot of the Flyer players is b/c I think they play a style very similar to ours.  When you look at our roster from this year and last we had Begin(maybe my most hated hab ever) but in a Bruins uni is this honorable player...news flash people.  He will always be a grease ball.  Marchand- great rookie year and definitely a promising player, but he has always(dating back as far as I have followed him in NS) has been a dirty and chippy player.   In this series in one game all I have heard is how dirty they are and looking to injure.  Yet Lucic sucker punches a guy with an an outstanding left and all of a sudden its needed.  Oh and the refs are in favor of Philly.  5-2 edge PP for Boston while the game was semi close.  Just for those playing along at home.  Yes we ended up getting a bunch at the end but the game was in hand.  And yes Philly are dirty, yes they play on the edge. But guess what. So do the Bruins.     Anyway, this is long winded.  And I was frustrated at some of the posts lately.  I come here to talk hockey and stir the pot with a different point of view.  I never attack anyone and can give as good as I get.  I think the majority of the people here are solid and I would be the 1st to buy most on here the 1st round of Keiths.  There are a few in particular that I debate with constantly.  Callo and I have had very heated arguments and we just don't see eye to eye.  No sweat.  He has become one of my favorites b/c of his anti-shuperman stance.   If I challenge what you write please don't take offense.  But I stayed off here for a few days on purpose.  So if you write something I think is smelly you are gonna hear from me.  And I expect the same in return.  Bring your A Game.  After all, this is the playoffs!!!!   Cheers Fellas.  Huge Win Today.   
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    A F'ING MEN Shupe! Golf Clap. Thing is Philly is as close to a mirror image of the B's as you'll get. Very similar teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

So which Bruin has a history of attempting to injure similar to Richards?

As far as the refs go, they made at least 2 horrendous calls on the B's today - one on Paille on the icing with Pronger, and a slashing call on Marchand (I think??) when the Flyer dropped his stick.  Those were not penalties.

And I'll also defend Lucic because he probably wouldn't have done it if it weren't an AHL player looking to cause shiite.

What can I say, I'm a facepainter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Wouldn't mind if Richards got harpooned a couple of times but it's not just him. Krecji is the #1 target. That little clip from behind to the knees by Versteeg was no accident. The flyers need to see Briere, Giroux or Leino freight trained by one of the D-Men right at the blue line to send a message. Then Chara needs to flip Hartnell or Carcillo like a rag doll. Nice move by CJ to have Thornton and Co in at the end of the game -- just in case. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"And for you sir?"

"one crushing open ice hit please."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

I'm not going to say the B's don't have players that cross the line, but the Flyers are pretty damn blatant (and smug) about it:

1) Pronger slash on Paille
    2) Richards slash on McQuaid (no one's talking about this, but it was during a 2nd period pile up near Thomas)
    3) Carcillo driving Ryder's head down
    4) Rinaldo's cross check to Lucic from behind

Add in the Richards hit from last year, and the Flyers talking smack to Krejci, and you've got a team that needs to be put it in its place.  Yeah, a victory in Game 1 is a great statement, but the B's need to flex their own muscles as the series progresses.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]So which Bruin has a history of attempting to injure similar to Richards? As far as the refs go, they made at least 2 horrendous calls on the B's today - one on Paille on the icing with Pronger, and a slashing call on Marchand (I think??) when the Flyer dropped his stick.  Those were not penalties. And I'll also defend Lucic because he probably wouldn't have done it if it weren't an AHL player looking to cause shiite. What can I say, I'm a facepainter.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

The slash was a penalty.  If you look at a rulebook, it says a slashing motion is a slash regardless of hitting the stick or not... so all this whining about breaking brittle sticks or players losing their sticks easily when another player slashes them out of their hands is moot... slashing is the right call.

I hated the trip on Marchand... he slid the puck through/past Pronger and was bringing his stick around to complete his stickhandling and caught Pronger.  How do you call tripping on a guy stickhandling the puck?  Ugh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not going to say the B's don't have players that cross the line, but the Flyers are pretty damn blatant (and smug) about it: 1) Pronger slash on Paille 2) Richards slash on McQuaid (no one's talking about this, but it was during a 2nd period pile up near Thomas) 3) Carcillo driving Ryder's head down 4) Rinaldo's cross check to Lucic from behind Add in the Richards hit from last year, and the Flyers talking smack to Krejci, and you've got a team that needs to be put it in its place.  Yeah, a victory in Game 1 is a great statement, but the B's need to flex their own muscles as the series progresses.
    Posted by wesman[/QUOTE]

The outcome was unfortunate but Richards hit on Krejci last year was clean.

While Philly was busy punking it up last night the Bruins were busy scoring. I'll take that any day.

Bruins can take care of themselves. Did you see Briere get Chara's stick in the face?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

JJ would need to replace the roof if this kind of hit took place on Richards at The Garden:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Iw08ymdKU

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

wish chara would go after pronger after that 2 hand slash while pallie was already down on the ice

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

1.  A common rule amongst dmen in the league since they won't make the no touch icing rule is that you don't put that dman at risk.  Paille put that dman at risk and got what he deserved.  Had it happened to Chara I would hope he would do the sane thing.
    2. Richards hit was very clean last year.  If you wanna go looking back for a pass in middle ice then write a suicide note prior to doing so. How the heck is Richards to blame for taking a run at someone.  Its f'ING HOCKEY.  Don't believe me? 

And since when did a Bruins teams start crying about being bullied.   Lord you called Habs divers and fakers and then call Philly to mean.   
    If Philly played any other way I would be disappointed.  We can easily match them in the physical department.  So, why are we scared when a team notches it up.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : The slash was a penalty.  If you look at a rulebook, it says a slashing motion is a slash regardless of hitting the stick or not... so all this whining about breaking brittle sticks or players losing their sticks easily when another player slashes them out of their hands is moot... slashing is the right call. I hated the trip on Marchand... he slid the puck through/past Pronger and was bringing his stick around to complete his stickhandling and caught Pronger.  How do you call tripping on a guy stickhandling the puck?  Ugh.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I would be willing to bet that if the Fliar held on to his stick instead of dropping it, there would not have been a call.

I agree on the Marchand call, that was a joke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]1.  A common rule amongst dmen in the league since they won't make the no touch icing rule is that you don't put that dman at risk.  Paille put that dman at risk and got what he deserved.  Had it happened to Chara I would hope he would do the sane thing. 2. Richards hit was very clean last year.  If you wanna go looking back for a pass in middle ice then write a suicide note prior to doing so. How the heck is Richards to blame for taking a run at someone.  Its f'ING HOCKEY.  Don't believe me?  And since when did a Bruins teams start crying about being bullied.   Lord you called Habs divers and fakers and then call Philly to mean.    If Philly played any other way I would be disappointed.  We can easily match them in the physical department.  So, why are we scared when a team notches it up.   
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

1.  I know you don't honestly believe that a forward shouldn't "put a dman at risk"...come on shupe, you go hard for the puck regrdless of possible consequences to your opponent, or yourself for that matter.  And Pronger taking that retaliatory penalty was plain stupid...most players would happily take the PP and be done with it. 

2.  Agree that Richards hit on 46 last year was clean...but, he does have a history of trying to injure other players; someone needs to paste him soon so he knows he doesn't have carte blanche out there once again.

3.  No one is scared of the Fliars, but the B's have to answer when Philly starts their after-the-whistle shenanigans, Like TT did yesterday on Carcillo.  Good for TT.

Sections
Shortcuts