Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again

1.  Thats why a lot of good players have been seriously injured.  Lord even grapes said it last night.  Ease up and don't force the dman to get hurt.   Paille didnt trip him.  Refs thought he did.  Pronger acted properly.  Its almost an unwritten rule now.  The race for a puck is dumb.  Touch icing is stupid.  Again, Paille got what he deserevd.   Listen, I have played and watched enough hockey to know that its almost as sacred as touching a goalie.  Especially since there have been so many injuires.  Had someone done that to one of our dmen I would hope for the same return.  Yes the play is open.  But, there is an unwritten rule whether you believe it or not.  That's why dmen get so worked up afetr a touch icing where they are hit.  Which is now a penalty.  did you see Hannan get his feet taken out.  Hannan should have clubed him over the head.  

2.  History of trying to hammer people.  Yes.  So did Scott Stevens. 

3.  Agreed.  But I actually liked the way they handled Downie the other night.  They gave him a warning.  Then the next scrum that happened they only gave him a penalty.  Boston has the guns to play a physical game.  In fact if anything it may get our guys going. It's playoff hockey.  It's supposed to get ugly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again:
    [QUOTE]1.  Thats why a lot of good players have been seriously injured.  Lord even grapes said it last night.  Ease up and don't force the dman to get hurt.   Paille didnt trip him.  Refs thought he did.  Pronger acted properly.  Its almost an unwritten rule now.  The race for a puck is dumb.  Touch icing is stupid.  Again, Paille got what he deserevd.   Listen, I have played and watched enough hockey to know that its almost as sacred as touching a goalie.  Especially since there have been so many injuires.  Had someone done that to one of our dmen I would hope for the same return.  Yes the play is open.  But, there is an unwritten rule whether you believe it or not.  That's why dmen get so worked up afetr a touch icing where they are hit.  Which is now a penalty.  did you see Hannan get his feet taken out.  Hannan should have clubed him over the head.   2.  History of trying to hammer people.  Yes.  So did Scott Stevens.  3.  Agreed.  But I actually liked the way they handled Downie the other night.  They gave him a warning.  Then the next scrum that happened they only gave him a penalty.  Boston has the guns to play a physical game.  In fact if anything it may get our guys going. It's playoff hockey.  It's supposed to get ugly.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Shupe - I agree that touch up on icing should be looked at closely by the league in the off season. I would be okay if it went away.

Playoff hockey is supposed to get ugly? Disagree. Higher intensity and bigger stakes do not have to lead to uglier hockey.

Your over-reaching attempts to show how unbiased you are seem weak to me. Your arguments are stretched beyond all stretchability. I'm not saying the Bruiins are a bunch of choir boys but if you are truly unbiased you would know that the Flyers are the dirtier team. Hell, I have friends in the Philly area who are Flyer fans and readily admit to thier team being dirty. In fact, they seem quite proud of it. lol

Just some respectful disagreement my friend. Cheers and go Bruins!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again:
    [QUOTE]1.  Thats why a lot of good players have been seriously injured.  Lord even grapes said it last night.  Ease up and don't force the dman to get hurt.   Paille didnt trip him.  Refs thought he did.  Pronger acted properly.  Its almost an unwritten rule now.  The race for a puck is dumb.  Touch icing is stupid.  Again, Paille got what he deserevd.   Listen, I have played and watched enough hockey to know that its almost as sacred as touching a goalie.  Especially since there have been so many injuires.  Had someone done that to one of our dmen I would hope for the same return.  Yes the play is open.  But, there is an unwritten rule whether you believe it or not.  That's why dmen get so worked up afetr a touch icing where they are hit.  Which is now a penalty.  did you see Hannan get his feet taken out.  Hannan should have clubed him over the head.   2.  History of trying to hammer people.  Yes.  So did Scott Stevens.  3.  Agreed.  But I actually liked the way they handled Downie the other night.  They gave him a warning.  Then the next scrum that happened they only gave him a penalty.  Boston has the guns to play a physical game.  In fact if anything it may get our guys going. It's playoff hockey.  It's supposed to get ugly.
    Shupe,Paille simply lifted his stick in order to negate the icing.The only part of Pronger "at risk" was his ego. No one,BTW,seemed to be complaining about Philly "bullying" the Bruins at all.It seems like more of a case of being reminded of how much we don't like these guys than anything else(familiarity breeds contempt).That said,I was still a little surprised at the constant little whacks to the back of people's legs.Maybe the blinders I wear made it impossible for me to see when the Bruins were guilty of it.Either that or the Bruins didn't do it and the Flyers are a bunch of greasy prickks(likely a combination of both).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I don't know about taking Richards out, but the Bruins need to make him pay just as much as Philly makes Krejci pay. If they let off, we can let off, if they hit hard, we should hit hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : Shupe - I agree that touch up on icing should be looked at closely by the league in the off season. I would be okay if it went away.   Playoff hockey is supposed to get ugly? Disagree. Higher intensity and bigger stakes do not have to lead to uglier hockey. Your over-reaching attempts to show how unbiased you are seem weak to me. Your arguments are stretched beyond all stretchability. I'm not saying the Bruiins are a bunch of choir boys but if you are truly unbiased you would know that the Flyers are the dirtier team. Hell, I have friends in the Philly area who are Flyer fans and readily admit to thier team being dirty. In fact, they seem quite proud of it. lol Just some respectful disagreement my friend. Cheers and go Bruins!
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    I just hate that the no-touch icings will take away many of the long-bomb passes.The way that icings slow down the flow is my biggest gripe about international hockey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : I just hate that the no-touch icings will take away many of the long-bomb passes.The way that icings slow down the flow is my biggest gripe about international hockey.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I hear ya....It's a trade off for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : Shupe - I agree that touch up on icing should be looked at closely by the league in the off season. I would be okay if it went away.   Playoff hockey is supposed to get ugly? Disagree. Higher intensity and bigger stakes do not have to lead to uglier hockey. Your over-reaching attempts to show how unbiased you are seem weak to me. Your arguments are stretched beyond all stretchability. I'm not saying the Bruiins are a bunch of choir boys but if you are truly unbiased you would know that the Flyers are the dirtier team. Hell, I have friends in the Philly area who are Flyer fans and readily admit to thier team being dirty. In fact, they seem quite proud of it. lol Just some respectful disagreement my friend. Cheers and go Bruins!
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

I am not disagreeing that Philly is dirty.  They slash, they bang, they start scrums and they play nasty.  Why?  B/C its what they need to do to win.  They also have a lot fo skill guys. 
    The Bruins, As I have stated seem to be an honest bunch. But we have our share of guys that stir the same pot and make questionable hits.  I defended Chara's hit until I was blue in the face.  It was a hockey play gone wrong.  No different than Richards on DK.  Chara knew what he was doing.  Ference as well. That was my point with the AF thing.  I would have done the same thing.   Its still on the greasy side or he wouldnt have been called. Lucic as well. As much as I blame the victim, Lucic has to be smarter. He has that split second to decide against pasting him into next week.

Ugly hockey to me means hard hitting, in the trenches, battling it out.  And in order for this team to win it has to be involved like that. 

No touch icing would slow the game down a tad but it creates a race and I don't need to show all the injuries. 
    Dez, agree his(Pronger) ego took a hit.  But I bet Paille doesnt do it again. Pronger is just a mean SOB that plays any style you want.   I have always liked his style. In his early days he did fight, like you said he is above it now as a future HOFer. 
    Richards- dirty, crosses the line a lot.  But also mega skilled and a heart of a lion.  If he played in Boston he would easily be my favorite player.  He cares about his jersey and wants to win at all costs.  Plays all situations.
    Hartnell- dirty but backs it up.  He loses about every fight he gets into.  But he doesnt care.  Also has skill
    Versteeg- Marchand clone. 
    Carcillo- an idiot.  but for an idiot he does have some skill.  I would take him on my 4th line. 

What I was complaining about is the fact that some of the stuff on here is so one sided that its just wrong. 
    Diving- we have our guys doing it to.  Every player does it at some point. 
    Dirty Play- again, i have pointed out the obvious ones.  Its a war, I have no issue with Philly playing the style they do.  Mainly b.c we do as well.
    Penalties- Again, people were crying about the calls yesterday.  Even though we had a 5-2 advantage until early in the 3rd.  We also had a lead they werent going to catch when we got our penalties. 

These are the tip of the iceburg with some of the things I have been reading.  The entire world isnt against the Bruins.  We won easily yesterday playing our game.  We can play theirs as well.  We can play any style.  I just don't understand all the PMS out there.  Not from you two.  Just in general. 

anyway, I like good hockey talk.  I just may have to be more select in the future

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

Agreed Richards hit was clean last year.  Not dwelling on that.
    And I expect the Flyers to be the Flyers.  I just expect the Bruins to play like the Bruins.  Great effort on the scoreboard yesterday, and they were fairly physical.  But at times, as we've seen they can sit back and be content and passive. 

Players like Chara, Looch, Campbell, Horton, McQuaid, Thornton, et al are at their best when they make their collective presence felt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously Pronger and many of the Flyers are trying to rough up the Bruins, but IMO the bruins can take care of themselves. In fact, the rougher the game, the better Lucic and Horton play. Versteeg has lots of motive to play hard, but his 'in the back" on Kreji was not kosher. If Claude will use his existing lines, mainly Kreji and Bergeron, on the PP, they will score goals. They can dominate 5 on 5, why not 5 on 4?? Claude and his coaches are dunces on this, as the solution is right in front of ther noses. Also, will someone tell Boychuck that a wrister might get by the guy in front of him. His slapper bounced off the guy in front of him just about every time he takes it. look how easily McQuaid and Ference put it on net for a tip. This same suggestion might also work on the PP

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins have some players that play with edge and are no angels correct. Philly have players that are down right dirty Mark Messier dogs huge difference. I hope this series goes to the gutter this Boston team would dominate.

PS. I knew you wouldn't stay away Shup glad to see you back punk LoL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,
    I said my piece to start this thread.  And you are a solid poster even though we obviously don't see eye to eye all the time.  If we had a team full of Mark Messiers I would be one happy camper.  And I agree that Philly has a lot of dirty SOB's.  But I actually like watching them play.  Especially love when they play that style with us b/c we can easily match them. 
    Go look at the thread titles for the 1st page.  Tell me what I am selling you arent buying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Apparently the Flyers were chirping Krecji (according to him) during the game as well.......reminding him of last year. As long as the B's protect each other, things will be ok.

I dream of the Bruins sweeping this series, delivering some payback from last year, though it's more likely to go 5 or 6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]Yup. My only concern in this series is injuries. These dogs are obviously out to injure.
    Posted by Bruins-Unite[/QUOTE]

Richards and Pronger are bad news and the Bruins have the muscle to handle them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I honestly can't remember ANY dman "seriously injured" as a result of chasing down a puck.  Minor injury maybe, but not serious.  Who are you talking about?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again :  What I was complaining about is the fact that some of the stuff on here is so one sided that its just wrong.   I just don't understand all the PMS out there.    I just may have to be more select in the future.

Come on shupe.  What do you expect on a Bruins discussion board?  These 3 sentences of yours reek of PMS.  No need to take this stuff so seriously, it's just for fun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : I honestly can't remember ANY dman "seriously injured" as a result of chasing down a puck.  Minor injury maybe, but not serious.  Who are you talking about?
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Are you serious.  I can easily list a lot but will simply have you watch this.  There are literally so many I can't count them all.Pat Peake's career was ended on one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8NAVK-DyqA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : Come on shupe.  What do you expect on a Bruins discussion board?  These 3 sentences of yours reek of PMS.  No need to take this stuff so seriously, it's just for fun.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Hangnail,

I actually get a kick outta it.  and I know its a Bruins blog and I expect it 50/50.  But lately its just been sewage on here.  My PMS is gone and I agree I was a bit testy last week.  I don't need to agree with everyone.  I will fully admit when I am wrong.  But when people are blinded it sure makes it hard to have a rationale discusion. 

It is all in good fun.  I like coming on here throughout the day.  Some people read the news.  I read Bruins blogs.  haha

Have a good one.  Big game tomorrow

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : Are you serious.  I can easily list a lot but will simply have you watch this.  There are literally so many I can't count them all.Pat Peake's career was ended on one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8NAVK-DyqA

Thanks for the link shupe.  No question it can be a dangerous play.  However, I like the fact that the current icing rule adds a competetive element to the game. I hate when players get hurt just as much as anyone, but it goes with the territory. 

As far a Cherry's comments from this link, he states the player was pushed head first into the boards.  That is not a true statemement, he was pushed chest first.  Big difference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : Are you serious.  I can easily list a lot but will simply have you watch this.  There are literally so many I can't count them all.Pat Peake's career was ended on one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8NAVK-DyqA

Shupe - Pat Peake's career did not end due to the hit on an icing.  He later returned from that injury and was forced to retire due to torn tendons in his ankle.  He also suffered a wrist injury and a concussion in a car accident after returning from the icing hit.  Come on man, I expect more from you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

hangnail,

its not competitive in my eyes.  its a risk and with cheap cheese ball players in the league someone will get killed.  I remember Mark Tinordi as well as being really bad.  Guys push behind the leg or put their stick in and the dman steps on it.   Cherry's point is that its useless in the game and causes injury.  He has been ranting for yrs about it.  I peronally agree. 

Pat Peake had to retire due to a race for a puck on an icing.  Read this clip.

Injuries and retirement

Peake's career was ended prematurely due to several serious injuries. In a playoff game in 1996, racing to beat Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman J.J. Daigneault for the puck in order to nullify a potential icing call , he shattered his right heel causing him to undergo extensive surgeries and costing him 67 games of the 1996–97 NHL season. He returned in time to play three games with the Portland Pirates, afterwards breaking his right hand, and four games with the Capitals, before suffering a concussion in an automobile accident in a vehicle being driven by teammate Steve Konowalchuk. He remained out for the first 16 games of the 1997–98 NHL season, due to continued pain in his heel. In his lone game with the Capitals in 1997–98, he tore some tendons in his right ankle and never played professionally again. He officially retired from playing professional ice hockey on September 1, 1998.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

just a thought....what if the nhl adopted a rule similiar to lacrosse, where the closest player(first TO the goal line), earns  his team a faceoff in oppositions zone? just trying to explore new/different ideas.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

adk,
    not bad.  I would just go to the international version. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kurtis Foster's broken leg was brutal. I thought it was more a result of dangerous play by Mitchell than a race for the puck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRwAyABEVBE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone please take Richards out before he gets Krecji again : Kurtis Foster's broken leg was brutal. I thought it was more a result of dangerous play by Mitchell than a race for the puck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRwAyABEVBE
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez,

If there is no touch icing that entire event never happens.  Its a race for a puck witha  cheese ball play.  Almost every game there is one rush for a close puck that could result in a terrible mishap.  I understand a lot of teams with speed can create plays.  And I like that.  I believe there is a way that if the the play is close they blow it down. 

Having played no touch at the University level a lot of bad teams would have one guy bolt as soon as they got the puck.  They then chase it down quickly. 

I understand those that like it.  But, I can easily live w/o it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]hangnail, its not competitive in my eyes.  its a risk and with cheap cheese ball players in the league someone will get killed.  I remember Mark Tinordi as well as being really bad.  Guys push behind the leg or put their stick in and the dman steps on it.   Cherry's point is that its useless in the game and causes injury.  He has been ranting for yrs about it.  I peronally agree.  Pat Peake had to retire due to a race for a puck on an icing.  Read this clip. Injuries and retirement Peake's career was ended prematurely due to several serious injuries. In a playoff game in 1996, racing to beat Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman J.J. Daigneault for the puck in order to nullify a potential icing call , he shattered his right heel causing him to undergo extensive surgeries and costing him 67 games of the 1996–97 NHL season . He returned in time to play three games with the Portland Pirates , afterwards breaking his right hand, and four games with the Capitals, before suffering a concussion in an automobile accident in a vehicle being driven by teammate Steve Konowalchuk . He remained out for the first 16 games of the 1997–98 NHL season , due to continued pain in his heel. In his lone game with the Capitals in 1997–98, he tore some tendons in his right ankle and never played professionally again. He officially retired from playing professional ice hockey on September 1, 1998.

Shupe - I respect that you don't like the touch-up icing but there is no evidence that more players get hurt chasing down an icing than they do doing something else.  If there is sufficient evidence somewhere out there,  you haven't found enough to convince me yet.  Peake came back and then had several other injuries that contributed to his retirement, and I couldn't find anything on Tinordi.  Plus, the link you provided was from 3 years ago...are there any more recent injuries that you know of?