Something I posted elsewhere I wanted to share here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Something I posted elsewhere I wanted to share here

2 wins.

The Boston Bruins, for years a suffering franchise in the shadows of the other local teams, are 2 wins away from winning their first Stanley Cup in 39 years.

Anyone who knows me knows what a devoted (sometimes blindly faithful) fan I am. In '88 and '90 they lost to a loaded Oilers team. Over the following years  I took abuse from fans of the other teams. Then in high school, Id crow every October that *THIS* was the year they'd win it, only to see my hopes dashed in April. Then, while the Patriots, Red Sox and Celtics were all respecively making strides and winning championships, the Bruins kept punching me in the gut over and over, culminating last year with a horrible collapse against the Flyers.

This years team, after a grinding regular season, rolled into the playoffs and after falling behind 0-2 to arch rival Montreal, came back to win the series in 7 games. Then came revenge against the Flyers with a dominate sweep. Suddenly, something just felt *different* this time. A hard fought 7 games later, they beat the Lightning to go the finals for the first time since I was 8.

After falling behind 0-2 (again) to the Canucks, they now sit tied 2-2.  2 wins away from a moment Ive waited 25 years for. As a fan, THIS is what you watch for. The shot to see your team finally get to the promised land. But there's more than that for me.  The Bruins have always been something that my father and I have bonded over. Saturday mornings were always the same. WWF Superstars in the morning, and then there would usually be an afternoon Bruins game. So, from an early age, I loved those afternoons with dad. Then he took me to a game when I was 6 and from there on out, it was in my blood.

Over the years we've gone to countless games, and watched hundreds and hundreds more. After a victory, we'd talk the next day about it, basking in it. A crushing defeat wouldn bring a day of comiserating. But the one thing we always talked about is 'What will we do to celebrate if/when they ever win the whole thing?' We'd talk about how awesome it would be, how cool a parade would be, watching a triumphant team  roll by with Lord Stanley's cup.  'When they win this thing.....'  Now we're 2 wins from finding out what it would feel like.

During this years run, it's been a running joke about he and I sharing 'awkward man hugs' after each win.  A cup would bring an awkward man hug and a rediculous celebration that would be off the charts, one that I have been waiting my whole life for.

2 more wins.....my heart of hearts is faithfully praying for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

Re: Something I posted elsewhere I wanted to share here

SO SWEET :) I HOPE HUBBY READS IT...BUT FUNNY AS SOON AS I POST HE DISAPPEARED MAYBE TOO SHY TO ADMIT I'M HIS LOVING WIFE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bleeding....a story and feeling shared by MANY a bruin fan. thanks for sharing- GO BRUINS!!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

LOVE YOU ARE  DAMN RIGHT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

GREAT post. Pretty much sums it up, and great for you for sticking with them.

I want this so bad because I'm one of those New Englanders that left for career reasons, then recently came back home. Although I followed every team, every year....it just isn't the same to be in a different city for all those championships and I can't wait to be in Boston for Games 6 and 7 (if needed).

I was in a Chicago hotel when the Pats won in 2001
    I was in a Charlotte apartment when the Pats won in 2003
    I was in a Williamsburg home when the Pats won in 2004
    I was in a Philly bar when the Sox won in 2004
    I was at work in Orlando when the Sox won in 2007
    I was in an Orlando theme park of all places when the Celts won in 2008

PLEASE....let this happen so I can finally enjoy the city, the region and all of Bruins Nation. This is a hockey town...in a hockey region. It's time to reclaim some of that feeling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I had bobby orr's poster up on the wall of my hooch when I was at camp eagle in I Corp back in 71. It's rolled up and somewhere in my mothers basement. 1970 and 1972 were a helluva year to be a bruins fan I'll tell ya.

GO BROOOOOOOOOOONS!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Something I posted elsewhere I wanted to share here:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something I posted elsewhere I wanted to share here : Where in Charlotte? I was in one in Feb 2002 for the Pats 1st one. I watched the 2004 playoffs from a Virigina apt after being relocated I barely got back from Iowa to Chicago for the Sox 2004 sweep in Game 4. I was going to be pissed if somehow I got delayed. The rest I watched from my apt in Chicago or at my friend's place in Chicago (Celts in June 2008). I am still out of market, so I am screwed. haha
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Was at Carowinds, and lived off E Woodlawn.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I now live in Palmyra, Virginia, my retirement heaven as long as I can get Bruins hockey and Red Sox baseball. I checked in to my room in Dallas on the Sunday that Bobby Orr beat St. louis. Good to see so many younger Bruins fans, and to see Orr, Neely, Jonathon, and all the other Bruins alumni gathering for a BIG MOMENT that was only lightly thought about last October.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I moved back a couple of years before the Pats' first championship. It was great to watch the snow on my skylights during the snowbowl, really feeling connected. Home field advantage. It was as easy as hopping on a train to go to the parade, I wasn't a continent away. If the Bs win, I'm definitely going. The good thing about winter is freezing weather. I spent my childhood on the pond down the street.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeCanKnockTheBruins. Show WeCanKnockTheBruins's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So...the Charro/Chara picture is "something you've posted before but wanted to share here"?  I'm sure there's a board for this somewhere, but son, this isn't it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

In Response to Re: Something I posted elsewhere I wanted to share here:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by WeCanKnockTheBruins[/QUOTE]

It amazes me that a girl so beautiful could hurt MaxPac so badly. It makes my head hurt just thinking about it. Not as bad as Maxs, but close I bet.

Sections
Shortcuts