Somethings Wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Somethings Wrong

It's not just one thing that's wrong. The fact that timmy is not stealing any games lately emphasizes the mediocre play of the entire group of defensemen, as well as their coach. McQ plays a steadier game when paired with Ference, and he knows where Ference will be, and how Ference reacts on the ice. As a result Houda sends McQ out with Seidenberg, and they take themselves out of the play because they are not familiar with each other's moves. Pouliot is hurting so they add in Mottau on Campbell's line. Why not move Corvo up to that offensive spot and keep Mottau, a more defensive defenseman on defense. So , it's not only Timmy, but also other players and their coaching decisions. I was a firm supporter of Timmy's right to be an American, but, based on his play, and his stubborness, it is now apparent that the incident is disturbing his game and thinking process. Finally, as mentioned over the past few months, Tim's style is strongly dependant upon his athleticism. As noticed with Veritek and others, age does erode your athletic capabilities

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Somethings Wrong:
    In Response to Re: Somethings Wrong : He looked pretty good for the rest of the Buffalo game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agree and maybe some of us only notice that "out of position goal " .
    I did mention , I think on this thread,  that after the 1st goal from the Sabres he made 4-5 great saves that kept Bruins in and gave them a chance to win it.
    Yesterday, not so much.
    In the end it could also be the way the whole team is playing and especially against lower seeded teams.  It's as if they need a wake up call to play 60 minutes.  Even Thomas needs that wake up call from falling asleep with his teammates.
    Last night the Canucks did the same,  played maybe 30mins and then got spanked by an inferior Habs team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Somethings Wrong : He looked pretty good for the rest of the Buffalo game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

The result was noticeably better.

There was a play yesterday against the Caps where after a scrum in front of the net, the puck worked it's way up the right wing wall in the B's zone.  The Caps/B's battled for possession and TT was still on his side in the crease with his pads stacked to the near post.  I was thinking "what the heck is he doing"?....he slowly got up after that...looked more like me rolling out bed the morning after St. Patrick's Day.

It just doesn't look right to me.  He looks slower, he is going down early and staying down. It doesn't look all that athletic to me, it looks more clumsy. I hope it is not physical, it looks kind of like when he had his hip problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

In Response to Re: Somethings Wrong : While I do not think that TT had much of a chance on that shot I do agree that TT has not been stealing any games for the B's most of this season. Sometimes a goalie has to take a game over and win it for his team when thay are floundering. TT has not done that much this year compared to 2011.
    Posted by jaywall

Really?  What about Thursday night?  TT played great and if he didn't they could have easily dropped that game.  Odd man rushes but more important traffic in front of the net.  Seems like every team sets up camp and gets screens, tips and rebounds.  Chara (biggest offender) needs to play more physical and clear the traffic.  Chara's 10 goals are nice but as far as defense is concerned he's had a sub-par year for a player of his caliber. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Somethings Wrong":
    Last 5-7 games something is off in TT's game. Obviously the performance is not where it should be but I'm noticiing different body language and unusual posititioning even for him. Pomminville goal is a prime example of it. heck of a shot, but TT is down on one leg and leaning forward. Never seen him do that before. Even on some his saves the last couple weeks, just something is off. Posted by kelvana33
    He was probably thinking of a possible pass, when things dont go well you try to do too much and you get caught in the middle, plus that shot was a missle from 20 feet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to Somethings Wrong:
    Last 5-7 games something is off in TT's game. Obviously the performance is not where it should be but I'm noticiing different body language and unusual posititioning even for him. Pomminville goal is a prime example of it. heck of a shot, but TT is down on one leg and leaning forward. Never seen him do that before. Even on some his saves the last couple weeks, just something is off.
    Posted by kelvana33

Yea something is wrong but it's really not. the team in front of him is playing mediocre hockey right now and conserving energy for the playoffs........no prob

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Somethings Wrong : Yea something is wrong but it's really not. the team in front of him is playing mediocre hockey right now and conserving energy for the playoffs........no prob
    Posted by riptide757

i dont think the mind set is to take it easy and gear up for the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts