Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand.

At some point these two snake bitten youngsters have to get it going my patience is wearing thin as they are losing about 95% of their puck battles. Tyler has turned into a turn over machine and Marchand falls down more often with no one around him than Dennis Wideman did doing his electric dance on the blueline in Boston.

I will give credit to Washington's defense for keeping the speedy youngsters wide and outside the choice slot shooting zone but they need to do more to create because sweet feeds aren't coming from Bergeron and Krejci in bunches. Even when dos ninos are being set up nothing happening with one-timers.

Saturday I predict both will wipe off the wetness from behind their ears then get it right finally in this series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand.

In Response to Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand.:
    At some point these two snake bitten youngsters have to get it going my patience is wearing thin as they are losing about 95% of their puck battles. Tyler has turned into a turn over machine and Marchand falls down more often with no one around him than Dennis Wideman did doing his electric dance on the blueline in Boston. I will give credit to Washington's defense for keeping the speedy youngsters wide and outside the choice slot shooting zone but they need to do more to create because sweet feeds aren't coming from Bergeron and Krejci in bunches. Even when dos ninos are being set up nothing happening with one-timers. Saturday I predict both will wipe off the wetness from behind their ears then get it right finally in this series.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

As much as I have been all Marchand & Seguin? The 2 I place blame on the most is Lucic & DK! These 2 are supposed to play their best hockey & BOTH of them for the most part have been invisible. Yes Lucic is hitting, but how many times has made his presence felt in front of the net? DK? Well he's turning into the the 2000's era of Dmitri Khristich! If he becomes any more MIA than he already has we'll need to call Chuck Norris! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand.:
    At some point these two snake bitten youngsters have to get it going my patience is wearing thin as they are losing about 95% of their puck battles. Tyler has turned into a turn over machine and Marchand falls down more often with no one around him than Dennis Wideman did doing his electric dance on the blueline in Boston. I will give credit to Washington's defense for keeping the speedy youngsters wide and outside the choice slot shooting zone but they need to do more to create because sweet feeds aren't coming from Bergeron and Krejci in bunches. Even when dos ninos are being set up nothing happening with one-timers. Saturday I predict both will wipe off the wetness from behind their ears then get it right finally in this series.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Wait, these two (or any Bruins player for that matter) have successfully executed a one-timer in this series?  I swear every time a shot is set up the shooter stops the puck, settles it down, then shoots.  Holtby could have a cup of coffee while waiting before getting into position, so that the shot just hits him in the chest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

If one of the quartet of Seguin, Marchand, Krejci and Lucic had played anywhere near they way they can, the Bruins would be resting from their series sweep of the Caps today.

But, let's not forget that 3 of 4 series last year went to 7 games.

They save their best for the later end of the series. Perhaps it is their conditioning or they play better when their backs are against the wall. Who knows?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm not ready to call out any individual players until the series is over.  I see effort but not results from everyone.  Tip your cap to the Caps they have played very smart hockey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

B's have scored only one goal in 3 out of 4 games! Wow.
    They are lucky to have two wins. I could just feel last night they couldn't score.
    I can't believe this series. But I still think this is a good B's team.
    Ryder and Horton would look good right now and we should have traded for Nash!
    But this team is still better than the Caps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I expect the wheels to come off the Caps' defense in the next game.

They've played hard for 2 months before the playoffs just to get there. Now that they are there, the air of the playoffs has sustained them so far. It is about to end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

If we want to start pointing fingers I'm starting with Lucic.  He has been a non-factor and last night I can think of at least 3 times in the 3rd period he made poor decisions and/or plays with the puck that prevented scoring opportunites.  The guy has always had hands of stone and they were on full display last night.

I'm also not impressed with Chara's play.  I think he is bogging down the PP, with slow and predictable decisions. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Lucic was a bit unlucky last night in the 3rd. His shot went through the goalies legs and just missed going in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand.:
    Lucic was a bit unlucky last night in the 3rd. His shot went through the goalies legs and just missed going in.
    Posted by Canadianfan6

I think that was late in the second.

In the third he turned the puck over repeatedly at the Caps Blue Line.  I love him mixing it up in the corners and in front of the net but when he has the puck in open ice, I cringe. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand. : As much as I have been all Marchand & Seguin? The 2 I place blame on the most is Lucic & DK! These 2 are supposed to play their best hockey & BOTH of them for the most part have been invisible. Yes Lucic is hitting, but how many times has made his presence felt in front of the net? DK? Well he's turning into the the 2000's era of Dmitri Khristich! If he becomes any more MIA than he already has we'll need to call Chuck Norris! 
    Posted by nitemare-38
    I agree. DK is not in sync right now and Lucic? While his hitting and fire make him a fan favorite, I don't think he could make too many more bad in game decisions than he has in the first 4 game. One of the NBC talking heads (Roenick I think) put it perfect when he said Lucic was just "gripping his stick" too hard. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's not just Chara Dr. CC. Seids, Boychuck, almost every player except Bergie and Seguin take too long to deliver the puck. That's a primary failing on the PP

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand. : I agree. DK is not in sync right now and Lucic? While his hitting and fire make him a fan favorite, I don't think he could make too many more bad in game decisions than he has in the first 4 game. One of the NBC talking heads (Roenick I think) put it perfect when he said Lucic was just "gripping his stick" too hard. 
    Posted by fivekatz

That is well put.  Lucic's game is not having the puck on his stick, it is winning 1 on 1 battles along the boards and in front of the net and going hard to the net.  IMO, he has spent way to much time with the puck on his stick this series.

The Bruins don't have great open ice, make a move around a defensemen type forwards but they didn't last year either.  They just need to play to their strengths, which is 3-4 lines that can keep the puck deep and generate opportunities that way.  Something resembling a defending cup champion PP would help to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Has anyone noticed that Bergeron and Krejci have switched lines for most of the series?

Does Claude Julien have something up his sleeve? He must be doing this for a reason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Has anyone noticed that Bergeron and Krejci have switched lines for most of the series? Does Claude Julien have something up his sleeve? He must be doing this for a reason.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Yeah, Krejci, Seguin and Marchand had a couple good shifts last night.  They bring a lot speed and skill together but of course the flip side is they aren't the best grinders.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand. : Wait, these two (or any Bruins player for that matter) have successfully executed a one-timer in this series?  I swear every time a shot is set up the shooter stops the puck, settles it down, then shoots.  Holtby could have a cup of coffee while waiting before getting into position, so that the shot just hits him in the chest.
    Posted by DrCC

This is maddening Doc and to everyone else not just pointing at the two kids alone there is allot to look at here. A team effort as a whole is correct.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

They need to get the cycle going. Marchand was a pest around the boards in the playoffs last season. He was curling and spinning off defenders to create chances. Its not happening. Not sure why, but something is throwing off the top 2 lines and its definitely NOT the Caps defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand. : This is maddening Doc and to everyone else not just pointing at the two kids alone there is allot to look at here. A team effort as a whole is correct.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

How bout the oddman rush with Peverly on the puck, not when he scored but later, he waited and waited and then finally fed Marchand who at that point had gotten so deep he had no angle and just fired a shot into Holtby's chest.  Of course the announcers were raving about the save but it was 100% about the Bruins poor execution.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand. : How bout the oddman rush with Peverly on the puck, not when he scored but later, he waited and waited and then finally fed Marchand who at that point had gotten so deep he had no angle and just fired a shot into Holtby's chest.  Of course the announcers were raving about the save but it was 100% about the Bruins poor execution.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it was Exhibit A for my comment.  If Marchand had one-timed it, it would have been a good chance.  Instead, he stopped the puck, stopped himself, shot, and looked up to see that Holtby had already slid over and the shot hit him in the chest.  Might have been a bad pass by Peverley, though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand. : If that's the one I'm thinking of, it was Exhibit A for my comment.  If Marchand had one-timed it, it would have been a good chance.  Instead, he stopped the puck, stopped himself, shot, and looked up to see that Holtby had already slid over and the shot hit him in the chest.  Might have been a bad pass by Peverley, though.
    Posted by DrCC

Bad on both ends.  Pevs waited waaaayyyyy too long, and Marchand drifted way to low, taking away his own angle.  Then when he finally got it, he waited before hitting Holtby square in the chest, which by that point was his only option.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I expect the wheels to come off the Caps' defense in the next game. They've played hard for 2 months before the playoffs just to get there. Now that they are there, the air of the playoffs has sustained them so far. It is about to end.
    Posted by Wheatskins

On the broadcast last night they mentioned that Seguin has only registered 1 assist in the last 15 playoff games (16 if you include last night).  Is that true? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand. : On the broadcast last night they mentioned that Seguin has only registered 1 assist in the last 15 playoff games (16 if you include last night).  Is that true? 
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Probably.  I don't know that he was even dressing for all the finals games, maybe after Horton went out.

He had the big game, hat trick I think, against TB in an early game in that series but I don't think he did much the rest of the series.

He's 20, his time will come.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Sophomoric playoff series blues for Seguin and Marchand. : Probably.  I don't know that he was even dressing for all the finals games, maybe after Horton went out. He had the big game, hat trick I think, against TB in an early game in that series but I don't think he did much the rest of the series. He's 20, his time will come.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Exactly. It is somewhat unrealistic to expect a 20 year old to carry the team offensively in the playoffs. I am more worried about Krejci, Lucic, and even Bergeron. They need to step up and take control of a game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Bottom line right now is the Cap's goaltender is standing on his head in this series.

If he comes back down to earth, the Bruins should be fine, if not.....it could get dicey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Bottom line right now is the Cap's goaltender is standing on his head in this series. If he comes back down to earth, the Bruins should be fine, if not.....it could get dicey.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I don't know if thats the term i would use but he has played well. If facing 45 shots,with 30 coming from the blueline and nobody in front of the net is standing on your head,then i am wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts