Sorry all for the whining.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Sorry all for the whining.

It isn't too much to ask, of course, but turning your back on a team that is 26-11-X because of a slump is for too reactionary.

And blaming today's loss on a game vs. Montreal a long time ago is just plain ridiculous.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Its not a slump. This team isnt very good.

Thinking anything else isnt whing or being a better fan, its delusional. This team isnt very good.

Its not a slump now, its who they are. The beginning of the year was the outlier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I just wanted a W and a 60 minute effort out of these last 2 games.  Was that too much to ask for?

We all know the playoffs are anyone's guess.  

ipot, I'd never fault your passion for the Bruins regardless of what you post.  Like all of us Bruin fans you want them to win BADLY and take their losses hard particularly the manner in which some of the losses have come.  I'd rather look big picture.  Let the Bruins show what they have come the playoffs.  Should they meekly bow out then have at it - deservedly so. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It isn't too much to ask, of course, but turning your back on a team that is 26-11-X because of a slump is for too reactionary.

And blaming today's loss on a game vs. Montreal a long time ago is just plain ridiculous.

Vancouver ?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Thinking anything else isnt whing or being a better fan, its delusional. This team isnt very good.

Its not a slump now, its who they are. The beginning of the year was the outlier.

by your logic, the Sox must really suck

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Because slumps don't exist and talent never underperforms and the Bruins have never been known to go into doldrums. Dang, the weather must not be fair...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think every Bruins fan is concerned about this team right now and is disappointed by the way they have looked.  At the moment, they don't look ready for much of a playoff run.  They don't look that good.

But that's a lot different than all of the reactionary anger, bitterness, and whining you get here after every loss.  I've followed sports my entire life and I've never followed a team that doesn't have slumps, up and downs, and the occasional bad effort in a big game.  As such, you learn to look at the big picture.  I can't believe how similar the current reactionaries are to the ones in 2011.  Not saying the Bruins will win it all (they probably won't, anyone can tell you that), but you would think the whiners here would have learned something from 2 years ago.  The mentally weak jump off the ship at the first sign of a storm, and its no different here

The most foolish thing I see here is people following a team that brings them anger and bitterness every time they lose.  How do you have room for that in your life?  

I will have enjoyed watching the Bruins play this year even if the flame out.  I've endured much, much worse seasons and I like watching hockey.  That's how a hobby should be.  Fun.  The only thing that isn't fun is having to hear a bunch of babies vent and throw a tantrum after every loss.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Vancouver ?

LOL.  But, you didsee the team's record before and after that Vancouver game?  OK, they were playing out of their minds before that game :)

I get emotional.  The Pitt game had all the earmarks for a "go out and take it."  I just hope they are learning instead of getting full of doubt.  

We KNOW the talent is on this roster, that I never question.

When I hear people talk about "a 60 minute effort", I always consider it "unreasonable".  It never, ever happens.  Ever.  That comment is a fantasy, a fairy tale. 

There are always moments of strength, as well as weakness.    In fact it's absolutely "routine", to see a team score, just moments after being hopelessly hemmed in their own end for an extended period of time while being peppered with quality scoring opportunities.  We see it all the time.

As far as the "talent" we all see?..I don't really see that either.  This isn't an overly talented group in my eye, but rather a collective machine that operates at a high level when it's processes are followed, and lady luck is smiling.

This is not a team that can win on talent, because you can't "win" on defense alone.  The talent factor is team defense.  You can't win without scoring goals, and this group is not a "talented" goal scoring bunch.

Losing 4 in a row is disheartening...but it's important to have perspective.  The tragedy plays absolutely no part in the importance of a B's win.  Some people may twist it around that way...it may be the basis for some  feel good story....but it's not real.  It's not the Bruins responsibility to heal, or provide perspective, or minimize the grieving process.  They just play hockey, and many would argue, the B's played a better overall game than Pittsburgh did.

This team has to grind out wins.  When they do, they're really good.  Good enough to challenge for a championship.  When they don't...they're incredibly average.  Pretty much incapable of anything.

This bunch won't lose many games playing the way they did against the Pens.  The few breakdowns that did occur were flagrant, easy to see, and easy to fix.  Lucic wouldn't have been sitting if this game were really important( Lucic at 40% is better than some others at 100%)

Lots to gripe about lately(hockey wise).  The Pens game though, wasn't  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

When I hear people talk about "a 60 minute effort", I always consider it "unreasonable".  It never, ever happens.  Ever.  That comment is a fantasy, a fairy tale. 

There are always moments of strength, as well as weakness.    In fact it's absolutely "routine", to see a team score, just moments after being hopelessly hemmed in their own end for an extended period of time while being peppered with quality scoring opportunities.  We see it all the time.

As far as the "talent" we all see?..I don't really see that either.  This isn't an overly talented group in my eye, but rather a collective machine that operates at a high level when it's processes are followed, and lady luck is smiling.

This is not a team that can win on talent, because you can't "win" on defense alone.  The talent factor is team defense.  You can't win without scoring goals, and this group is not a "talented" goal scoring bunch.

Losing 4 in a row is disheartening...but it's important to have perspective.  The tragedy plays absolutely no part in the importance of a B's win.  Some people may twist it around that way...it may be the basis for some  feel good story....but it's not real.  It's not the Bruins responsibility to heal, or provide perspective, or minimize the grieving process.  They just play hockey, and many would argue, the B's played a better overall game than Pittsburgh did.

This team has to grind out wins.  When they do, they're really good.  Good enough to challenge for a championship.  When they don't...they're incredibly average.  Pretty much incapable of anything.

This bunch won't lose many games playing the way they did against the Pens.  The few breakdowns that did occur were flagrant, easy to see, and easy to fix.  Lucic wouldn't have been sitting if this game were really important( Lucic at 40% is better than some others at 100%)

Bang on, steve.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Steve, you sound a lot like someone who actually played some hockey, instead of an armchair cowboy who demands impossibly high standards from professional athletes playing against other professional athletes, while they sit on the couch and eat nachos.  Kudos.  Well said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

just to let you know, saying the same thing over and over and over again when all of us have read it and ignored it makes you sound kind of stupid. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just to let YOU know, quoting and replying to someone we all have ignored...unignores his stupidity!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts